Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  48  49  50 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Getting Your Sexuality Interesting (Page 26)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Getting Your Sexuality Interesting
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And, for the record -- I don't care what you look like, you're welcome to stay in my spare bedroom when you're traveling in April! About the only problem we'd have is if you were in a wheelchair, because the spare room is upstairs. But I suppose I'd give up my downstairs bedroom and move upstairs for the night. []

Of course, it's different because I'm not in the market for a spouse or partner -- I'm probably twice your age! But still, I just wanted you to know there are lots of people out here who don't make friendship and hospitality decisions based on your physical size.

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And, for the record -- I don't care what you look like, you're welcome to stay in my spare bedroom when you're traveling in April!
Be careful, she will be accompanied by a gay dude [] You may want to lock you and your son's doors during the night []

[]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc' is at his most dangerous when he has his "trap chair" with him. I sat in it in Paris, it's some kind of bean-bag-chair that envelops the body and you just can't get out again. Then, you are at Inc's mercy... in my case, I think I was treated to a croissant with butter and some slices of pineapple, but that was dumb luck. Had he chosen to be gay in that moment, well, I don't wanna know what might have happened.

Beware teh gay! Always make sure the chair that is going to hold ta chair était chère et fiable. []

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just because it made me laugh...

-

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It took me a couple of seconds... []

And so à propos, no? []

I just finished my Christmas decorating, having a nice whiskey now before heading out for the evening.

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I always [] at that picture. []

quote:
I could never impress a woman who looks for athletes, as I'm just some normal guy.
BELIEVE me, you are not normal. You are hot. I know many women who would be intimidated by you because of your hotness. It's true. These are just the facts. However, once they started talking to you, they'd realize you're a total dork and that it's all good. []

Theney - I can has your arrival time as well? Oh that reminds me, I need to call the hostel today.

[ 12-06-2008, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Be careful, she will be accompanied by a gay dude
So, a gay man and a slightly overweight woman? Spending the night in my house at the same time? Wow, I bet I'll earn bonus points for sensitivity around here -- maybe someone will even find it "sexy" and I'll get a date or something out of it.

A date, or something. []

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Update: hostel doesn't have availability for the time we'll be there yet. They said try after January 1st. So I will. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
bombi is going to use Ama & Inc' as bait to get booty?
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

I'm a single heterosexual male -- we're expected to be pigs. []

Oh, and Lilli -- do you have a specific weekend in mind yet? I'm already getting music gigs in April.

[ 12-06-2008, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: bombadil ]

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Uhh it's on Ama's road trip schedule? I think it's the 5th of April is when the California MT meet up will be. Right Ama?
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can answer for her : that's right []
E : God, I feel like sh*t []
But a marimba is on its way to my house ! []

E2 :
quote:
Had he chosen to be gay in that moment, well, I don't wanna know what might have happened.
[] Be careful, nice German piece of eye candy [] []

[ 12-07-2008, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And so à propos, no?
Hush! [] Don't you know what kind of trouble suggesting the big J may have been a "Village People" can get you these days? []

Edit: Nevermind the above, I always forget that John McFreedomFries and Sarah Palpatine didn't make it in the last election...

[ 12-07-2008, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The hypocrites are the customers, perhaps, not necessarily the label.
The customers are the people sending in pictures of their stomachs in protest.
But I do think that it's more of a "We don't understand how to market women cause all our artists are metal guys. But I see popular artists are anorexic, ergo maybe Amanda will sell more if we hide the fact that she's not."

quote:
The problem here is that boys and girls alike lose all their confidence they could have in their unique body. And confidence is most likely one of the greatest turn-ons ever invented.
There are girls out there who jokingly hold the opinion that the whole thing is a conspiracy from skinny girls to make big girls less confident. Because a confident stick has a chance if the competition hates themselves.

Obviously, I don't believe that. Not on a massive scale, anyway. I think some every day cheerleaders realize that the bigger girls have the good and are afraid that cute jock won't look twice at the cheerleader if the bbw is happy and confident. But I don't believe it is a concentrated large-scale movement []

quote:
"I'm fat and ugly anyway, so what does it matter if I dress well or if I worry about my hair and makeup, since I'm just a fat blob anyway."
I fight that. Especially since I'm low-key and lazy anyway. And because I hate the demands our society puts on women to worry about their hair and makeup...But I started hating it because of the first.

I don't think one is healthier if they can jog up and down stairs. I know some people who litterally can't get up and that is obviously less than healthy, but there are many perfectly healthy people who could jog up and down stairs but feel horrible afterwards and plain don't like it. For some it is a stupid waste of time that leaves their muscles in pain no matter how fit they are and does nothing for their health.

This is nothing against any MTer cause you guys are being awesome right now. Just nitpicking that I hate hate hate the word "overweight." It implies (no, outright states) that there is a weight one should be at.
--------------

No, we got Barack Obamanation and Joe Bidet instead.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

AFAI'm concerned, I don't care that you're fat, or that you want to remain that way because you feel good about it. I could just worry about your health if you were to have a problem related to that (hope not !)

In other news... it's snowing ! []

[ 12-07-2008, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not hugely fat, but more so than I want to be.

But I can't diet this time of year. First of January, I'll hit it hard. I really do feel better when I'm losing weight.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
I'm not hugely fat
[] Well, of course you're not ! []

I tend to lose 10 pounds when I'm sick. I really hope it won't happen this time []

E : Do you want my sickness ? I got it from Lilli over Skype []

[ 12-07-2008, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, I'll pass, thanks. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

quote:
I think it's the 5th of April is when the California MT meet up will be.
Well, sorry to say this but I'll have to miss it. I will have just returned that Sunday morning from choir tour at the high school where I teach. We'll roll in from Portland OR about 7:00 a.m., at which point I'll go home and go to bed. [] Drink a few for me.
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Inc' - you didn't get it from me. You were probably out naked playing in the snow. How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?? []

OMG I just saw Australia and it was so awesome. The kid who played Nullah was SO CUTE. I want to adopt him. It was such a great movie - made me want to go back to Australia right away. []

edit: sorry to hear that Bomby. []

[ 12-07-2008, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Amanda Palmer! [] [] []

I came across the belly protest a few days ago, on Shapely Prose I think, though I was reading way too many blogs that day and it could have been elsewhere.

*isn't posting her own picture, but does support the campaign* []

Weight is a strange issue. Objectively, I'm at an average weight for my height, and a bit out of shape - but compared to all the images we get in the media, I'm huge. Definitely too fat for TV. []

I'm not actively trying to lose weight, though I'd like to be healthier. I think one of the most liberating things women (people?) can do is accept - really accept - that they aren't defined by their weight and that not being thin isn't some kind of moral failing. I'm not there yet, but I'd like to be. Most of the time.

Ok, end soapbox rant. []

*is reading Twilight* []

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Definitely too fat for TV.
Then TV is insane. []
Which was probably your point. []
quote:
isn't posting her own picture
Is there even one? []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Ai! Laurië lantar lassi súrinen in the subway []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

I should post my belly. Because it's not really as bad as I thought.

[]

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc, do you play marimba??
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Getting Your Sexuality Interesting (Page 26)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  48  49  50 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help