Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  42  43  44 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The UP : Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoom Boing (Going Slightly Mad, But Insanity is Relative) (Page 4)
Author Topic: The UP : Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoom Boing (Going Slightly Mad, But Insanity is Relative)
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wut??
That is exactly it. [] By singing a song that lacks structure and coherence (though superficially aligning itself to classic development with the Krishnamourti-bridge), I leave the listener speechless, reduced to an open-mouthed reaction of "Wut?", "wtf" or "get the hell outta here". I shatter the conceptions that dominate our daily life and present the listener with an idea that Heidegger would say is impossible: that everything could be radically, totally different. Through chaos, everything we knew is shattered, and the human soul is then free to soar.

Basically, I summed up all postmodern thought in that song.

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna download the song, burn a full CD with duplicate tracks, and then listen to the CD all night while drinking sherry. Just because it's so great. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's pretty cool, I guess.

Have done better stuff tho.

[ 09-05-2008, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
OK, the people downstairs got made redundant, and it's their last day. They have been rowdy since lunchtime, but now they are actually roaring. I'm concerned.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could you explain a little bit more ?

(I'm actually talking to Wifey here [] )

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I work in a two-storey office. The people below us work for an insurance company, and they all got made redundant. Today is their last day.

So, just now, they were roaring. Like "RAWR, RAWR, I'M A LION!" type roaring. And one woman was scary good at it.
[]
I KNOW.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
I can picture you cute face saying 'I know !' []

You should join them ! []

I miss you []
Eru, will I miss you ! []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] *RAWR* []

That felt good. []

[tiny voice]Oh noes[/tiny voice]
[]
I will miss you too.
I'm sorry I couldn't come to Brittany.
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

*was singing along with Varna*
*starts roaring instead [] *

quote:
And one woman was scary good at it.

Question : do female lions roar differently than male lions [] []

quote:
I'm sorry I couldn't come to Brittany.
That's not your fault !
I will drown you under text messages and PMs [] []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Yes!
[]
Got to go now, am driving down south to see MAH KITTEHS (and my mum and my grandma and my uncle from New Zealand and all my cousins, but mainly the cats).
Have a great weekend, peeps.
[]

[ 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lionesses don't roar as much as lions because they're too busy doing all the work while the lion sits back and eats the fruits of their labour (and roars if they don't bring the food fast enough)
Males! []

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Sounds realistic []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and they all got made redundant
Ok, for the longest time I was staring at that thinking "Made redundant? They were duplicated? They said the same thing twice? What? WHAT IS IT I DON'T UNDERSTAND?" Then I realized that they got... fired? LOL. Oh, you British are so darn CUTE with your words and phrases. *pats theney's head* []

Belly - HOLY CRAP. You are crazy! [] I pictured you raising your thighs and slapping your lederhosen. ROFL. []

[ 09-05-2008, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

It means fired, but not for incompetence or misconduct, just because their jobs were no longer required. We only usually use "fired" if someone's done something wrong. []

I'm at my mum's now. [] KITTEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH! []

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, like it's shorthand for saying, "You being here is redundant to our business." I get it....
It's still a weird way to say that.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
pop!
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That was some pop!
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMG! I just got home from a night out! [] I distinctly remember waking up on the floor of my mates bathroom around 3am thinking it was his sofa until I saw the toilet staring down at me! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Why am I not surprised? []
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well you bloody well should be surprised mister; I am renowned for being a paragon of a virtuous lifestyle don't you know! []
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Goddess - that's what I hadn't got as well [] So I asked Wifey to explain and she used the same expression. So I had to look it up.

I bet Artaresto is drunk []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No. []

Not yet. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

*Is slightly drunk now* []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They do say one should not relly purely on Alcohol for enjoyment in an evening []

[ 09-07-2008, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Met with a friend yesterday who goes through treatment of depression and alcoholism. Puts you off of alcohol for some time (which I never was a fan of, anyway).
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The UP : Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoom Boing (Going Slightly Mad, But Insanity is Relative) (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  42  43  44 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help