Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  42  43  44 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The UP : Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoom Boing (Going Slightly Mad, But Insanity is Relative) (Page 2)
Author Topic: The UP : Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoom Boing (Going Slightly Mad, But Insanity is Relative)
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* singing* Spam spam spam spam spam spam lovely spam
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Stop that! This is silly. Yes. Very silly indeed. I don't mind a bit of old fashioned Monty Python references, but now it's just got silly. Can I suggest a bit of military music to inject some much needed morale fibre and discpline into the UP!
[]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
12 hours... woohoo! I'm packing like a madman. []

See you crazy people in a week or so. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun, Singy!

God, it's hot here today. Heat index over 100F and about 110% humidity. That's late summer in Southern Indiana for you.

Thank god for air conditioning.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm packing like a madman
What, you mean you're packing your chainsaw & your bloodstained axe? Or do you mean that you're talking to your luggage as you pack it?
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ama - sorry to hear that. It's been one of the coolest summers ever here in the valley... 90 degrees... light breeze. 5% humidity. [] Oh yes, California I love you. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's been reletively cool here, too. It was positively cold at night during Comic Con....Poor Amárië [] *sends Cool Thoughts*

-
 -

[] [] []

Makes up for there being only 16 episodes in the season []

I guess the Dr Horrible soundtrack is on iTunes now...I don't know whether to buy it from there or to hope for a CD release?

[ 09-03-2008, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like a 2-dr... If so, I can do without. []

The Dr Horrible DVD comes out in November, supposedly. Maybe the CD will then too. I think iTunes just gets first bite. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I probably wouldn't spend more than $5 for it...I don't know how that translates into Aussie money....Or even what the Aussie curency is called [] It's a cute little car and I'm happy with it, but the doors don't open or anything....Though now I wish my brother hadn't given away all his Hot Wheels tracks...I wanna see Metallicar take a loop...

Yeah, I read that there will be a real CD. I think they wanted to put an end to the sharing of lousy bootleg "soundtracks" (where people used Audacity to rip the audio from the show). But I had some money on iTunes just sitting there, so I went ahead and shelled out the $10.

[ 09-03-2008, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
in my head im a racing car
race to catch a fallen star
in my head im a unicorn
silver muscle golden horn
in my head its carnivals
candy floss and pretty girls
in my heads a world inside
come with me and join the ride

[ 09-03-2008, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In my head you are an unicorn too [] [] [] [] [] [] []
quote:
Or even what the Aussie curency is called
Australian dollars, right ? You could have guessed that []

[ 09-03-2008, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's... very Season 2 SPN. With the mention of unicorns, carnivals & pretty girls. []

quote:
Or even what the Aussie curency is called
I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere in Green Jellybeans... [] Should be easy to remember... We use Dollars and Cents. []

[ 09-03-2008, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Except for the fact that the carnivals in my head are nice not nasty, the unicorns are real (Oh Sam [] ) and the pretty girls do not usually turn out to be werewolves. Usually []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

quote:
and the pretty girls do not usually turn out to be werewolves.
Andrea, Layla, Emily, Jenny, Sarah, Lisa, and Nancy didn't turn into werewolves. []
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty girls always turn into werewolves if they put on SS outfits... Or so I was told by a guy named Rob Zombie. []
From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pretty girls always turn into werewolves if they put on SS outfits... Or so I was told by a guy named Rob Zombie.
Page two of the new UP. Gone bat**** crazy already.

As usual.

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Bele!!! []

My day is complete. [] []

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! With that kind of welcome, mine is too!
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] KIA ORA []
*welcomes solemnly*

E: OMG, Discworld fans! I've just found out that my office is three miles away from Lickey End. Yes, like the sheep disease. [] [] []

[ 09-03-2008, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What a f*#&$(# disaster.

On Saturday, I was checking my online banking and noticed that there was a hold for $107 on my account. I was concerned, because I had not authorized any payments that I could remember for anywhere near this amount, and wracking my brain, I couldn't come up with anything it could be.

This morning I called the bank, and found out it was to some random pre-paid mobile company (I have a contract phone through Verizon). The bank gave me the number, and I called, and the first thing the number said was along the lines of "If this company has appeared on your bank statement and you don't know why, press one." This made me more than a little uncomfortable, and although I stayed on hold for a few minutes, I quickly hung up as I didn't want to give these people (who I very much doubt are a legitimate company) any more information about me.

So I called the bank, who told me I would have to go to the police and file a report in order to get my money back. Why on earth the bank can't just stop the payment is beyond me. Especially as it has not technically cleared my account yet.

What a freaking disaster.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
That's terrible! [] When I had £750 stolen from me, the bank were falling over themselves to help! Probably because it was their fault my details got out, but still... []

Why would they not stop the payment if it hadn't cleared, did they explain?

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Well, my bank is crap. I really hate them, and I'm considering changing banks because I hate them that much. They were a good bank, then they were bought out by this other company [WHICH SUCKS] and they are completely unhelpful and quite rude most of the time.

I honestly can't believe they're making me do this all the time when it wasn't even my fault that this happened.

I didn't authorize the payment, I haven't made any recent purchases online (except through paypal, which doesn't have my debit card #), and I haven't lost my card. So how this is my fault, I really can't begin to guess.

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

The reason mine was stolen is because someone hacked into VISAs database. [] So thousands of customers had their details stolen. If it turns out yours is something like that, the bank has to compensate you. Police report is a hassle but may be the way to go. [] []
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'm going to go V FOR VENDETTA on someone's ass here at work. I am SO fed up with me getting jobs that are like.... due for the client THE NEXT DAY. When I haven't even written the dang thing yet. It's really really REALLY not cool.... this happened to me another time FROM THE SAME PERSON and they had better take the subway out of work or something because I have my V mask and I am not responsible for what will follow when I put that thing on. ****'s gonna go down, son!

oh, and the show Gangland is really interesting. I was watching the episode on the bloods last night. We actually used to live near a set of the 13th street Crips in Gardena. And I guess that's why my mom never let us play outside when I was little. []

[ 09-03-2008, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

-
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The UP : Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoom Boing (Going Slightly Mad, But Insanity is Relative) (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  42  43  44 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help