Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  41  42  43 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Death Circle of Happiness™ (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : Death Circle of Happiness™
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cats have a lot of amines in their tissues, because they primarily metabolise proteins.
Why do you know such trivia ? []

I'm in pain []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, once cooked (as far as I've been told by those who've had the occasion, back in those times, to try it) it tastes relatively similar...

But of course the most common ways to cook rabbits are either with wine sauce or mustard sauce, so I guess a lot of the differences could have been hidden behind the sauce's taste.
Well, and don't forget that info comes from people who quite commonly ate edgehogs, rats and other such animals and who claim they taste like rabbit too... In fact, I've never heard them say anything but "tastes like chicken" or "tastes like rabbit"... []

[ 07-24-2008, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
who commonly ate edgehogs
[]

[]

[]

Dont u eet myz edjogz []

[ 07-24-2008, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In wartime, whatever moves and doesn't speak is a possible source of meat... Want to survive? Eat that Edgehog!

(Interestingly, this definition of "meat" then includes babies too [] )

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dont u eet myz edjogz
[] [] NOOO THAY BE EATIN MAH EDJOGZ!!!!

It's not trivia. [] I have three cats that live with my mum, and she doesn't give a damn about their nutrition so I looked it up. Cats also can't taste sugars, because they have no nutritional value for them.

E: Nashville, I refer you to my previous comment about small children. []

[ 07-24-2008, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Nashville, Tennessee [] []

quote:
In wartime, whatever moves and doesn't speak is a possible source of meat... Want to survive? Eat that Edgehog!

Of course... []

quote:
Cats also can't taste sugars, because they have no nutritional value for them.

[]
Speaking of that, I also love the fact that chocolate is poisonous for dogs [] Do you happen to know why, trivia-girl ? []

*had written "chocolate is poisonous for gods" beforehand, twice* []

[ 07-24-2008, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Theobromine. It's an alkaloid poison related to caffeine, but it doesn't have much of an affect on humans because our nervous systems don't really pick it up. Also, we have kick-ass livers compared to most animals, so we can get rid of it easily.

Chocolate also kills cats, for the same reason, but cats aren't attracted to chocolate generally because it doesn't taste sweet to them. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I absolutely adore you.
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

Kick-ass livers, my ass! Can't even process more than one liter of Rum per day... Call that kick-ass? I'd rather call that "barely adequate" []

E: on a completely unrelated matter: Are you allowed to say "kick-ass" when donkey's around? []

[ 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Metal Puddy Tat!
 -

The dog one isn't as cute.

More cat fun...
Kitty Bank
Cat Lamp
Cat Hair Bowl
Catffeinated

[] Athene might have an action figure in her later years! [] []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] I absolutely adore you too. []

Oh Nash, don't feel bad; if you were a cat you wouldn't be able to handle more than a spoonful! [] I actually did put rum in my cat's milk once, when she was young and we only had the one. She loved it, crazy dipso bitch. [] Of course, she also likes doughnuts, red wine and curry sauce so I think she is just insane. []

E: He isn't around..... []

[ 07-24-2008, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

Talking about cats and getting drunk makes me think about an old joke:

A drunkard in a bar calls for the bartender:
- "Hey, dude fill dis up will ya?"
- "Sorry Sir but I think you've got enough for today."
- "Oh c'mon, I ain't drunk yet..."
The drunkard looks around before adding:
- "See dat cat comin'in, I can clearly see its two eyes! Told ya I ain't drunk!"
- "Erm, sorry to burst your bubble Sir, but the cat is going out!"

[]

[ 07-24-2008, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see Nash & Arien here... [] []

I'm exhausted, but it's only a month more then I can relax.

*puts nose to grindstone*

[]

In other news... Europride starts next week here in Stockholm. []

[ 07-24-2008, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Why is it called Europride ? []

E : Forget that. Answer this instead : What is Europride ? []

[ 07-24-2008, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Inc' you are soooo close to losing your membership card. []

[]

Every major city has a gay pride day... but one city every year hosts a europride. Last year it was Madrid, IIRC, this year it is Stockholm. It just means more people, bigger artists, more money, etc;

They're expecting 75 000 people in the parade alone... with 850 000 spectators on the streets... and over 3 million euros in Stockholm's pockets.

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Oh, I see... well, I was mislead by your phrasing : I thought the event lasted more than one day...

quote:
Every major city has a gay pride day...
Apparently, even Hinckley has one [] []
And Angers in France, too !
[]

What happens exactly if I lose my membership card ? []
I won't, though. I bought a veeery gay swimsuit 2 days ago []

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Oh no! Please don't say that you bought this swimsuit:

-

I'd hate to show up at the beach wearing the same swimsuit as you. [] []

Oh... and europride does last longer than a whole day... a whole week actually. []

[ 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Actually, while looking for a swimsuit, I realized that a bunch of them are worse than this []

A week celebrating gayness ? []
It's going to smell sex even from here ! []

E : I just downloaded Skype and found the BEST screenname EVAH :

CaptainTightpants [] []

[ 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why is it called Europride ?
God, Inc', even I knew what that was. Course, I have multiple friends that are gay. And plus, a lot of my favorite DJs play at the Gay Pride parades. Like the freakishly hot and sexy Armin van Buuren. []
Oh yeah. I'd hit that.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
God, Inc', even I knew what that was.
Well, you know what it is but you can even less go than me []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

That.... took me a few read-throughs before I got it.

Shiny and nice again this morning. [] I find it odd that we in the UK get our sunny weather at the same time as Arien returns to MT. [] Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Yes, it was tricky, but correct []

Sunny here too. But there is AGAIN toilet paper all over the hallway. I hate this cat []

You didn't even smile at my fabooloos choice of funny albeit slightly confusing screenname [] []

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*got a new car today*
Okay, I lie. [] My car got professionally washed and detailed today... And now, I don't recognise it! [] It's just so clean. []

*attempts to write 62 words of her novel that her computer ate on Thursday* [] []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I received today as a present the 50th anniversary edition of the Lord of the Rings, Houghton Mifflin. The book with golden leaf edges and no title on the cover, just the drawing of the ring.

Most beautiful book EVAH [] [] []

:')

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] Wow, what a beautiful gift! Was it a special occasion (I know it's not your birthday [] )?
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : Death Circle of Happiness™ (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  41  42  43 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help