Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 40)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Awww... Curu, you haven't lost a brother. You've gained a sister! []

In other news: Euro-UPers can keep their eyes open. The add I shot in May is now out on the Internet and TV. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Already ? []

So are you rich now ? []

But I don't own a TV []
And how do you find commercials on the Internet ? []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And how do you find commercials on the Internet ?
Very interesting question. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well... their old commercials are on the Internet, so perhaps these will as well.
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but what I meant is : how can one find a precise commercial when one doesn't know the brand ? There is no way I can think of []

[ 07-20-2008, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a TV! But only a portable one which I bought from Woolies about 5 years ago. It doesn't have a very good reception. Says an awful lot about what I think about TV that I have seen my recption go around six months ago, but I can't be bothered to fix it! I did see TV's advetised for around 700 pounds, but I can't see the point. Watching rubbish is watching rubbish however much the TV costs.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I used to have a TV way back when I worked as a Primary School teacher, mostly to have seen what the kids would be talking about the next day (in those days we didn't have several channels to choose from), and also to watch the news.

These days I work in an office and watch the Internet . . .

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

You worked as a teacher ? I like you even more now ! [] []
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a great TV. But I don't have Europe []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like TV. Quite frankly, I prefer the Internet. I'd rather try to puzzle out who is who's sockpuppet than figure out the latest detective murder story on telly!

[ 07-20-2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sockpuppets? That way madness lies. I have long decided that a) 20% of the citizens of MT are actually SSA, and b) I couldn't care less.

TV on the other hand, has visual stimulus. []
*may have spent yesterday watching Firefly and Supernatural*
[]
*did so for the exciting plot points, not the munificent eye candy*
*is hurt by your scepticism*
[]
[]

[ 07-21-2008, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm... Firefly. I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to watch that again, now that Nathan Fillion has played an all-singing all-prancing corporate tool. [] I really need to scratch a certain Hammer-quote out of my head first... Though, Malcolm's nakedness in "Trash" will surely bring it all back. [] []
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Wow... so many people without a TV? I suppose I understand Varna not having a TV... they are quite rare in Third World nations. [] But still...

Inc', Varna & Hamfast:

-

[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Brae - true that he has a good body. The others too, btw [] although Simon shouldn't I guess.

Mmh, I don't own a TV but I download/buy TV series. And I play video games. That counts, right ? []

There is toilet paper all over my bathroom floor. Stupid cat []

E :
quote:
*did so for the exciting plot points, not the munificent eye candy*

Yes, because the plot points are sooo exciting once you've watched the episodes upteen times []

[ 07-21-2008, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The cat is still living with you? []

[high horse]Watching the episode multiple times enables me to appreciate the finer subtleties of the characters' interactions, and to refine my understanding of the director's choice of lighting, angles and wardrobe. [] [] [/high horse]

[very much not high horse]For example, when Dean is riffling through Sam's underpants in Hell House, is it because he secretly wants to roll in his brother's dirty cacks* but knows it's wrong? [] [] [] [] [/very much not high horse]

[]
*like the rest of us do†

†Sam's, not our own brothers', obviously

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
The cat is still living with you?
No, a giant cat from the STREATZ randomly broke and entered my apartment last night, and I chased it through the whole bathroom, casting rolls of toilet paper at it until he finally left through the toilet. Hence what I said.

[]

[]

[] God, I would hate it if that happened []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]

That is all.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Good morning everyone, can I have your permission to have a right old rant against most of TV?
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

No, because you see we've changed the subject now. We're talking about giant cats and toilet paper []

Feel free to add anything on that subject ! []

[]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

-

GIANT CAT IS IN UR HOME
TEECHIN YOUR CHILDRENZ

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan is a really good actor. Need proof? He made me LOATH HIM AND WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE AND KICK HIM IN THE "HAMMER" []

Nathan = []

And THAT CAT IS SCARY.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

It's reading the version of Goldilocks where the thieving, filthy little ***** gets et.
[]
In other words, the morally responsible version.

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Brae - true that he has a good body.
*can't remember saying anywhere that Nathan had a good body* [] []

quote:
He made me LOATH HIM AND WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE AND KICK HIM IN THE "HAMMER"
[]
Terribly good acting. []

*has recently been watching beardless Jayne Cobb in Chuck* []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Bwuh. [] I just accidentally broke my own rule about never opening my dad's emails. Damn index finger and its automatic clickiness.

Anyway, in happier news, I have invented an awesome blueberry yoghurt thickie type drink. []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Oh no...Are you okay ? []

God. I just remembered I had a dream last night in which I was a model for Abercrombie&Fitch.

Über-extra gay points for that [] []

But extra-megalomania points too []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 40)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help