Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*waves to Swordmaster*
Hi, good to see you! []

Job? Tell us about it!

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dubbed here, worst luck! []
But at least we can rent DVDs with the original English []

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Swordy!! So life on the isle is not all fun and games? Please don't destroy my hopes and dreams! [] []

WOOHOO I NOW HAVE A CAR

This one:
 -
WOOHOO! Good gas mileage - high 30's on the freeway! I'm so excited!!! [] []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Lilli, you got a dead German (Hun-die)! I was looking at an identical one of those at the dealership across the street... except the steering is on the right.

Howdy Swordy! Sleep easy, I put traffic cones around you so you don't get ran over by all the cars driving through this party. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I got it at a good price so I'm not complaining. My dad has a hun-die and he says it's been reliable. With the low mileage that this car has, I'm definitely pleased.
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a custom door dent I see?
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What a cutie!
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice car, Lills - very smart!
*does the new car quickstep with her*

I just thought of the best holiday. A Tall Ships Race in the Mediterranean with everybody on board dressed as PIRATES. TEH AWESOME.
[] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Holiday or fantasy ? []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasy holiday! And we could stop at some of the less salubrious ports to plunder some booty.
[]
Oh yes, I went there.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Swordmaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1302

posted      Profile for The Swordmaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys.

It's my day off today so I'm a little more awake!

The job is fantastic but exhausting. I'm working on a boat that does day trips out of Paphos harbour. I'm 'Hostess/PR' which means that I spend my days making announcements over the mic and walking around asking people if they're having a good time or if there are any problems. I love it, but we also do weddings on the boats after the day trips and so I've been doing a lot of 15/16 hour days, like yesterday was on the boat at 9 and didn't finish until gone midnight by the time we'd cleaned the boat after the wedding party.

That said I spend all my days on a boat in the sunshine etc so I can't complain. My brother came out on the boat the other day and took some pics of me working, I might post them in the Face thread if people are interested.

The only problem is that it's busy now and it's not even properly the holiday season - it's only going to get busier [] In the height of summer we apparently get up to a hundred people on the boat each day.

From: Paphos, Cyprus!!! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Swordy ! Glad to hear you seem happy []

quote:
My brother came out on the boat the other day and took some pics of me working, I might post them in the Face thread if people are interested.

Of course we are []

E : Wifey, I don't like costumes. Can I still come ? I'm sure you'll find something for me to do []

[ 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Swordy, that's wonderful! Of course, long hours suuuuuuuck, but I'm so glad you found something. Pics would be MOST appreciated. []

Inc' - no dressing up? [] *wails*
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay, I will wear a patch.
[]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

It's a start.

*puts the peg-leg, the tricorne, the leather waistcoat and the parrot away for another day*
[]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Col Swordy! Sounds like a dream job on the Love Boat!

Lilli, What I thought was a dent in the door is really just a reflection in the nice shiny paint of the wheel of the car next to yours.

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Yeah I thought that was a dent too, but that's actually not the real car that I got. It's just one I found via google that looks exactly like it. Mine is not currently parked next to any shiny cars. []

Swordy - wow, that sounds like exhausting work (I bet your voice gets tired), but what a great chance to take in all the views and everything. Does it pay ok? (if you don't mind me asking)

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Hee. []

*also not actual vehicle purchased (mine is bigger than 90 pixels high)

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Just food for thought (of course subjective) :

Most Frequent Posters in the UP : Athene, Hamfast Gamgee, Artaresto, Inc', Neytari, Varna, Brae, Lilli.

Posting from time to time :
Addie, EaH, Freya, Thingy(currently), Elanor, Thorin, Snöwdog.

Rarely :
Wetty(currently), Snow Wizard, Arien the Maia, bombadil, Swordy, Kalkin, Aika, Arisimi, Celebrian, Durthdil, GtW, Losty, Nash. (some of them extremely rarely.)

Missing (even if only recently)
Amá, Bele, Belthronding, Elora, Eluchil, Yomer, Gna, Lassë, Madomir, Maha, Keo, Silm, Talan, Thuby, WT, CloudStrife, Kjartan, Kosomot, Sherl.

[ 05-13-2008, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a frequent poster? []

Toodles then! []

[Btw, Sherl still lives... [] She's just not posting anywhere these days [] ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm a frequent poster, then I'd better post again.

*posts*

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Same here.

Theney - i can has beeger vew? I can't tell what that car is with so small of pic.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think Keo's workplace now blocks MT, that's why she's been absent []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Oh hey Ney - I haven't forgotten about your little gifts from Japan. I promise I haven't. I just can never seem to make it to the post office before it closes. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

*hugs* no worries [] I'm glad nothing was lost in the mail []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help