Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 39)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*stretches lithely - like a very happy LOLcat*

Glad to see this place coming back to life and new people coming back. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see happy, active posters!
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, when we don't have to worry about being blatantly insulted for nothing... []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it certainly does make for a more relaxed experience.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from, possibly, the Green Dragon?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Maybe we could get some activity again even there?
I might not have net access for about a week from Saturday, but I'll check out the Dragon when I'm back.

There's a young hobbit lad in the Green Dragon who has just tried to talk to his aunt and her guest, and none of them have answered him yet - the poor lad []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Glad to see this place coming back to life and new people coming back. []
How can new people be coming back...
quote:
Well, when we don't have to worry about being blatantly insulted for nothing... []
[joke][wiki-style-insult]...you st00pfd tart[/wiki-style-insult][/joke] [] Just funning with you Amarie. Please don't take that seriously. []

Speaking of the Green Dragon... I think I may have to kick-start the Shadows...

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I bought shoes ! []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] *gay points*

[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Super-Trouper gay points if they were slingback suede pumps... []

The tourists are killing me. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean, I live in Paris, where the tourists are awful []

My shoes are Diesel, black and orange and white []

-

[ 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sandals for the win. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMG Inc' I love those! They'd look so great on you. I love the orange/black combo. These are my next shoes:
 -
I want the brown and tan ones. []

edit: I don't have to deal with crazy tourists because no one wants to come here - TAKE THAT MUTHA EFFAS. []
{well people do go to Yosemite but they breeze through Fresburg, with the occassional outdoor fanatics - you know the ones - who make a religious stop at our R.E.I. store}

[ 07-18-2008, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Just found out that my brother and his HORRIBLE girlfriend are getting married. []

I guess this means I lose my brother.

[ 07-19-2008, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why is she horrible?
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Other than being a rude, hateful, jealous, selfish, self-righteous know-it-all who has deeply insulted my mother (to the point of tears) and myself, and seems to think that something done by anyone other than herself is automatically wrong and stupid, there's nothing at all wrong with her. []
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Hmmm. Have you talked to your brother about it? If so, what did he have to say?
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

My brother is old enough to make his own decisions. I don't think it's really my place to tell him how to live his life.
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
I just asked if he knew how you felt and what his response was. If there is a line of communication open between you and your brother then so much the better.

I didn't suggest that you try to talk him out of it. On the contrary, I'm a big believer of concentrating on what you can control in life. You can't control how he feels or what he does, but you can control how you react to it and how you communicate with your brother.

Edit: By the way, what the hell time is it there? 4:00 am?

[ 07-19-2008, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Thorin ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

No, I haven't talked to him about it. I don't think he'd react well.

*sighs*

And yeah, it's 4:15am.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Why do you say you 'lost' him ? Can't you see him without her being present ?

And how is the fact that he's getting married to her going to change something ? Doesn't he already live with her and stuff ?

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
I couldn't sleep last night either, for some reason. Maybe the full moon.

Well, if you are afraid of his possible reaction then you could approach it obliquely. You could ask something like: "Do you think she will get along with Mom?" or something of the sort.

Edit: Hello Inc'!

[ 07-19-2008, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Thorin ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

quote:
Why do you say you 'lost' him ? Can't you see him without her being present ?
Nope. Haven't seen him without her since he started dating her, four years ago.

quote:
And how is the fact that he's getting married to her going to change something ? Doesn't he already live with her and stuff ?
Yes, but until now I had hope that maybe he'd see reason and dump the *&*^&.
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I see...well, if she's that bad, I guess you should talk to him in private. Does he know you don't get along ? Because if you ask for time alone with your brother that is normal.

If that goes wrong, you may have to wait for a divorce []

*hugs* []

Hello Thorin ! How are you and Eled these days ? []

E : Thanks, Goddess [] I like them too.

[ 07-19-2008, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, anyone about? []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 39)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help