Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a chocolate cake (from Imby) in my PM box. Great when I get an urge for comfort food!
E-I thought I also had a steam pudding but it turned out to be just talk about them!

[ 05-07-2008, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Elanor Gamgee ]

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hehe, I got a kick out of Meg saying she met "someone Michael Murray" (or whatever his name is)...Cause Jared and him played romantic rivals on Gilmore Girls...And Jared's name was Dean I always liked him best out of all of Rory's boyfriends...
That is so [] [] to me []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hehe, I got a kick out of Meg saying she met "someone Michael Murray" (or whatever his name is)...Cause Jared and him played romantic rivals on Gilmore Girls...
[] There's another Gilmore Girls reference in Season 2 (more direct). []

*has happily converted two people to the wonderfulness that is Supernatural...* Now, if only (the creator) Kripke would stop listening to the outspoken fans who think they rule the show. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We were talking about a 3-way phone call with Divy...Whom I miss...
Omg Divy! Fun times. Remember that yahoo voice mail program? It was soooooo long ago and in the earlier years of the InterWebs®, but I remember I used to leave Divy all sorts of phone messages of the most random stuff... ahaha good times.

I haven't seen Supernatural yet. I watch too much TV already. In between Girls Next Door, Random HGTV shows and reruns of Rock of Love II, there just isn't time. [] []

I have been writing more, so that's good.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have been writing more, so that's good.
At least one of us is. [] [] My Muse has gone AWOL... that's why I'm staying at her mother's house. []

Hmm, 2am. Should get to bed. Have to drive in five hours. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh God.

I just learnt that I actually could take a year off from school. That is unbelievable. I was sure it wasn't possible.
So now I'm getting all excited and scared because I think I want to leave from Paris to go live in New York for like a year, but I am obviously kind of insecure about it : I don't want to regret it.

I don't want to share all my life here, but I would really appreciate some advice from people here who know me a bit and about how I feel about my studies and stuff. I am going to talk with a bunch of people anyway, to be sure of what I am going to do. Reply here or by PM, I don't care. Thanks []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you can afford it, definitely do it I say. What other time in your life can you do something like this? Would you be trying to get a job or internship or just be living the Bohemian life? []
(which is hard to do with the prices these days, but hey, your stock is in Euro so you may have a better chance, lol)

edit: Brae - sorry to hear that. I'm really excited about my new novel story but I have learned now not to go on and on about it because then I lose interest after I over-think my idea. I need to learn restraint.

[ 05-07-2008, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now, if only (the creator) Kripke would stop listening to the outspoken fans who think they rule the show.
GOD YES. Ellen and Jo? AWESOME. The episodic ManPainAngst? Not so much. Gah. []

I want my boys kickass (with the brotherly love expressed through stupid manly bitching), fighting evil sons-of-bitches, and occasionally flashing some of that pretty, pretty skin. THE. END.
[]
On the other hand, I just watched the commentary from All Hell Breaks Loose I and Sera Gamble (writer) was all "Sometimes my brain hurts because of the pretty." Heh. [] We KNOW.
quote:
Hehe, I got a kick out of Meg saying she met "someone Michael Murray" (or whatever his name is)...Cause Jared and him played romantic rivals on Gilmore Girls...
Also, they were in House of Wax together (never seen it and Jared, FYI? You break my heart with your crap career choices, kid [] ) and CMM was a total TOOL to JP, and pretty much everyone else. Hate to the CMM. [] Love to the JP. []

[ 05-07-2008, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

I found out at lunch today that our dog Jet had to be put down because of a heart condition. [] She was one of the sweetest dogs ever. She was old though.... 10 years, which is a lot for a Black Lab.

-
RIP, Jet. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

[] []
I know I should feel lucky that I've had almost 15 good years with my Benny dog. But with his hind legs underperforming and the occasional whine when he has trouble getting up... I'm feeling rather unlucky. I don't want to have to put him down. I'd rather God just take him away unexpectedly. But either way I'd have to deal with what to do with him afterwards... [] I know what to do with myself - just get another dog (though none could ever 'replace' the Ben [] ).

quote:
Athene: GOD YES. Ellen and Jo? AWESOME. The episodic ManPainAngst? Not so much. Gah.

I want my boys kickass (with the brotherly love expressed through stupid manly bitching), fighting evil sons-of-bitches, and occasionally flashing some of that pretty, pretty skin. THE. END.

With you on each point... But those rabid fans hate to see a girl getting in between the boys. [spoiler alert!]There's one casualty (hopefully not literally) in regards to the "new characters" of Season 3... Thanks to rabid fans, mostly. I was willing to forgive Kripke about Ellen & Jo, but now he's gone too loopy in favour of fans who have ruined my enjoyment of the show outside the show itself. []
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rest in peace, Jet []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lils, I'm sorry. [] I hope she went peacefully. []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I'm so sorry Goddess [] []

To answer your question, I think I could work for the guys that I was staying with when I was there. They are both artists and need someone like a secretary to deal with all the non-art stuff, see [] And I was thinking I actually could teach French to make a little extra money ! []

Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My name doesn't appear on the listing any more, but don't believe my presence will be treated as an orc at the Big Party.

Sorry about the loss, Lilli. It is never easy to deal with such a loss and the recent loss of our two kitties was a real reality check for us.

On the fun side, I'm off on a business trip this weekend. I will spend three days in Sao Paulo, Brazil and 5 days in Bogota, Columbia. It should be long, tiring, but an adventure! Oh, wait, I'm not supposed to like adventures.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Marcho - I don't see why you posting here would be a problem []

Seems like going to Bogota on a business trip is a trend among UPers []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
*does the "new car" dance*
[]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I just don't get why people are interested in cars []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Er... because I have to have one for work or else I lose my job? []

Or did you mean in the "OMG it's got a V8 and this sweet spoiler and lowered suspension and..." type of way?

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

quote:
I just don't get why people are interested in cars
You obviously don't watch Top Gear. []

Which reminds me... I have James May's first episode still to watch (taped it last Saturday). []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Wifey - yeah, I meant it the second way [] []
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And I second that
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Third.
I also don't understand the picspam of cars that could result from this discussion once the Car People get on. They are cars. It's not like they are beautiful men/women/nature []

Ugh, my sister woke me up with a blender []

I think I've got two more days of classes (including today)...

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have no classes left. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Me either... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

The past couple days have actually been incredibly crappy considering that I should be partying my ass off because I'm graduating.

I hate being sick. []

And I hate the dentist more. []

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Cookies to Addy []

I like classes. I wish I could be in school forever and never have to work (provided I don't have to take more than three classes at any given time).

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : A Parisian in New York (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  39  40  41 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help