Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : F.A.B.I.A.N. in Paris !! (Page 32)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : F.A.B.I.A.N. in Paris !!
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*just woke up* []
For the umpteenth time today... I think I've had too much wine this week. []
quote:
how are you Adulty?
[] *has never seen that nickname for her Gramadder (Adu) before. []

*needs to write... for an RP* []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Three hours to go...

See you all in about three weeks! Much love!! []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think I've had too much wine this week
Women can never have too much whine! []
[]
E: Have a good one Swelf [] []

[ 05-02-2008, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Have a good trip, Thingy!
quote:
Women can never have too much whine!
Oh, I can... Especially if it's male. [] But, luckily, the only male whino I've been around lately is my dog. []
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know, it's a strange thing and speaking as someone who doesn't normally support their policies, but I'm not sure that I mind the idea of Boris Johnson as London Mayor!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. Just to let ya'll know.....in 48 hours I will be on my Alaskan criuse!

Oh, EAH (and other ladies) and did I mention that there will be a spa day included? Just found that one out m'self! []

Oh, the open ocean......the wildlife.....the beauty of it all.....trust me, I'll share when I get home. Heck, we'll have an "ALASKAN ARRIVAL" pary room somewhere in "The Pony"!

Well, as Tigger says, TTFN!

[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I generally wallow in my own crapulence.
09/21/07/ By Thangail
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Come now, my dear. Everything on MT is supposed to be taken out of context, especially if it's in the Pony... "
2/22/05, by: Silmahtar
Hey! That fairy dust is expensive! Do you know how many fairies I have to grind up just to get a handful?

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Adulty
[] [] []
That was weird.

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why do I keep waking up before 10?
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

What I learned today...

My mother's cousin goes to a church where the minister is David Tennant's father. []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So, let me guess, he spends all his time on Earth?
EDIT: Oh, and can people please wish my football team, Watford, luck this afternoon. We are currently just hanging on to a Promotion play-off place. But unfortunately our recently form is lost, lost, lost, lost! We lose this one we could be in trouble. I think we need all the luck we can get!

[ 05-04-2008, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snooker World Cup final. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Back in Paris yesterday morning [] [] []

And now it's 6.42 am and I'm wide awake []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's nearly 10:30 here, an hour post-concert for the jazz choir I direct, and I'm heading to bed after celebrating with a glass of Syrah.
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Alright! You're all jazzed up! You going to the Northwest Folklife festival this year Bomber?
I'll be missing it as I don't get to Seattle until June 3rd....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just got this PM from SSA:
quote:
Wotttaloada - stuff

I hear that you fear my knowing where you live. Too late []

A threat, do we think? []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well don't send aggressive PMs dearie.

I could care less where you live, or indeed about most people here.

edit: and I believe from the good old days that it was considered "bad form" to quote PMs on the board. That probably would escape you.

[ 05-06-2008, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I'm looking, I'm looking, and I don't see you among the members of the UP, dearie.

Ergo ?

Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was a member before you joined the board dearie. It's not my fault they don't like me -they have no taste.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Indeed, you're right. I knew that.

But you know what ? Things change. But I think you noticed that.

I have no opinion whatsoever about you. Aside from the fact you're a non-member posting in a members-only inn. Of which - as weird as it seems to both of us - I am the door-whore. And we don't have no bouncer here, so I guess I have to do the job.

Thank you for you co-operation.

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You lose the right to courtesy from me when you PM me oblique threats, however empty. However, in the interests of full disclosure, let's have a little background to that remark, shall we? []

In the summer of 2006, Amárië was visiting Ireland, to investigate the possiblity of studying there (as we all know, she succeeded, to my very great pleasure). She had tentatively arranged with SSA to meet up, and approached me in the hopes that the three of us could spend time together; SSA and I live near one another, and flights over from Ireland to our neck of the woods are cheap and convenient. There was happiness.

Meanwhile, SSA continued her usual MO on the board. I, and others, mocked her soundly in a thread (I forget which) where she had yet again thrown an attention-seeking tantrum. This was nothing new; I had confronted her about her behaviour many times before. It was particularly good timing though, because SSA was getting cold feet about Amárië's visit and needed an excuse to back out. She sent me the following PM, entitled "Thank you":
quote:
for your comments on my character. It's always best to know the truth. Saves me spending a small fortune (which I cannot afford as I'm not working) meeting up when Curu is over here.
I replied the day after (29th May 2006), as follows:
quote:
Getting a bit close to crunch time, is it? []

I've always been truthful towards you about the fact that I don't like it when you deliberately deceive people or start fights for the sake of it. I've also been honest about the fact that, most of the time, I find you warm, funny, intelligent and great company. But I do find it frustrating when you bring trouble on yourself and then bang on about how persecuted you are.

When you decide you're ready to quit the bollocks and let people accept you as you are, you'll be surprised how many friends you have on the board. Regarding meeting up with Annii, I never thought you would anyway, but please don't use me as your excuse because that would be very hurtful for her and I don't think she deserves it. If it's really that much of an issue, I can pull out instead.

I heard nothing back until today. SSA stopped returning Amárië's calls and emails, with no explanation. They didn't end up meeting.

Summer 2007 came round and the Completely Expected Party loomed. SnowWizard had planned to come to the Party, taking the time to stay with SSA while he was over. He told me that she had offered to drive him over, but not come in. I was wary, because I make it a policy not to give my address out to known whackjobs, however harmless I may believe them to be. I asked him not to give her my address, and told him I would pick him up at the train station if he needed me to. A few weeks before the Party, he told me that he wasn't able to come, because SSA had stopped returning his calls and emails and he therefore had nowhere to stay. Are we seeing a pattern, kids?

There are several things about this that I find amusing:
  • SSA, it's sweet that you cherish my PMs so. Or is it just that it took you two years to come up with a pithy reply? []
  • You're worse than the Candyman for showing up when your name is mentioned. For someone who dramatically flounced off the board to the tune of "OMG you losers I've got so many better places to be so NERRR" you sure must spend a lot of time lurking here. []
  • You make a point of PMing me, and then rapidly point out that you don't care less about me. Why say it then? Why even keep a two-year-old PM? []
  • You still think after all this time that pretending to have insider knowledge of people's lives is intimidating, even though you've had bulls*** called on you so many times.
Narcissists are great, aren't they? They really do never learn. []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why even keep a two-year-old PM?
I'm guilty of very poor PM-box managing. I think I've still got one that was sent on the morning of the Battle of Bosworth Field. The writing's faded so much you can hardly read it now.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
I'm guilty of very poor PM-box managing
We know. []

[]

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was my private little vice. I was hoping you'd all assume I was getting deluged by PMs like nobody's business.

You should see my mailbox at work. It's starting to emit Hawking radiation...

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] []

I'm off to watch a spot of TV. [] I shall await the "It's not my fault, I have health problems, I know all your secrets, I'll tell on you, waaaah" rebuttal tomorrow. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, so the SSA moniker is back again. Thanks for the history fill-in Athene.
Keeping old PMs from whack-jobs like the writer of the SSA moniker is always a good idea.

Its funny that the writer of the SSA moniker thinks they are invisible here, but its quite easy to know who is posting under what names when a little IP data-mining is done. And yeah, I pinpointed where SSA lived awhile back just because its good to keep tabs on internet-looneys even if they're half a world away. They're not as transparent as they like to think, here in Minas Tirith, other message-boards, or emails. Yes, the SSA Files have grown quite extensive over the years, thanks to my agents. [] []

Now, get ye over to the other thread. Nothing to see here.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : F.A.B.I.A.N. in Paris !! (Page 32)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help