Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  31  32  33 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : F.A.B.I.A.N. in Paris !! (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Unexpected Party : F.A.B.I.A.N. in Paris !!
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Question for the Kiwis and Aussies: In Astronomy we learn that if one is above the North Pole looking down, the planets all revolve around the Sun counter-clockwise. My teacher wants to know if people in the Southern Hemisphere also relate things in regard to the North Pole, or if they do it from the South Pole. Anyone?
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My facebook friends can see a selection of Paris photos now...

If you're not on facebook, you'll have to wait until I get them approved by everyone in them. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At first we were relieved, 'cos we are so tired.
We were home as quick-and-safely as could be desired.
But then we spent the car ride home just thinking how much fun we'd had
And we grew sad;
The thought of going to work is bad!
So now we're back
Back from
Paris...
We just walked in to find the heating's off and we've run out of tea!
I should have missed the stupid 'plane,
Thrown my passport into the sea,
If I'd have known for just one second how depressing it would be!
We should just go... Walk out the door...
Get on a 'plane now
And not be English anymore!
It's cold and rainy here and miserable as hell.
D'you think they'd miss us? D'you think they'd even wish us well?
Oh would they hell! We need a nap...
Oh, holidays are wonderful but coming home is crap.
I've got clothing to unpack,
And my suitcase to put back; I need a nap,
We need a nap. Hey hey!

[] [] []

[ 03-05-2008, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] [] [] [] [] []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I saw them Ama and it makes me want to have a fun filled weekend like that with you guys even more! [] I'm glad you all had fun. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] [] [] [] []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Post-moot depression, indeed []
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*wasn't going to post in here until Page 5, but...* Considering this query... []
quote:
Question for the Kiwis and Aussies: In Astronomy we learn that if one is above the North Pole looking down, the planets all revolve around the Sun counter-clockwise. My teacher wants to know if people in the Southern Hemisphere also relate things in regard to the North Pole, or if they do it from the South Pole. Anyone?
Er... I can't remember anything astronomical being related to either pole. [] But then, I left school 10 years ago... []

*Googles "planets revolve" "around sun" "south pole"* What I found is a cached page... (4th result)
quote:
It's well known to the astronomy folks that space really doesn't have an "up" or a "down", and that they're just abstractions made for convenience when making diagrams, etc.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
*is sunk in post-Paris gloom*
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I also had the post-Paris blues... it takes a couple of days. []

Glad to hear that you all had a great time! [] I just said goodbye to my mom who is flying back to Hawaii... and now I need to start planning my trip there in May. []

quote:
My facebook friends can see a selection of Paris photos now...

If you're not on facebook, you'll have to wait until I get them approved by everyone in them.

If you added me as a friend like a good little lass, maybe I could see the pictures. [] []

[ 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In Astronomy we learn that if one is above the North Pole looking down, the planets all revolve around the Sun counter-clockwise
Well, I've never taken any Astronomy lesson, but if I stand above the North Pole and look down, what I see is my feet and a big white ground []

*is sunk too*
*is very tired, too* []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Stalker!!

[]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

What else is new ? [] [] []
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Ha! Little do you know... I was actually stalking you when I was in Paris last week. I was standing outside of your apartment watching you. [] You might have noticed the tall man in the Legolas wig? []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Added you, Thingy. []

[]

Add another person to the post-Paris gloom.

[]

Not to mention the post-Paris exhaustion.

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

So Ama- now that you've experienced a superior culture, are you ready to ditch your obsession with the doom and gloom of Irish culture?

[]

*goes to view pictures*

[ 03-05-2008, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

I like doom and gloom. []

But I'll take French food over British/Irish any day. []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

It took all the strength I had to get out of bed
Kept thinking I should call my work and say I'm ill instead.
I've spent the morning speaking French and feeling sorry for myself
I want to cry.
Or just get on a 'plane and fly.
I'm in a sulk! It isn't fair!
I'm going to buy some cheese at lunchtime and pretend we're there,
And now we're checking in the diary
To see when we'll next be be free,
So now we're planning our next visit to the people of MT!
We should just go... Walk out the door...
Get on a 'plane now
And not be English anymore!
It's dull and boring here and miserable as hell.
D'you think they'd miss us? D'you think they'd even wish us well?
Oh would they hell! We need a nap...
Oh, holidays are wonderful but coming home is crap.
I've got clothing to unpack,
And my suitcase to put back; I need a nap,
We need a nap. Hey hey!

[] [] []

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Just saw the pictures and commented on a few. Great shots! I see Bele is as cute as ever... []

I also see that Paris has really gotten your creative juices flowing Dubious. []

I'll see if I can post a couple of pictures from my Paris trip...

[]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Ok... during my visit, I tried to see parts of Paris that I missed on my past visits. One thing was the Botanical Gardens/Museum of Natural History:

-
 -

I also went by Jardin Luxembourg, very pretty... even in winter. I really liked the gallery of statues depicting queens of France throughout history. Here are my favorite queens of France:

-
Queen Catherine de´ Medici

-
Mary Queen of Scots(almost queen of France)

-
Whoops! How'd that get in there? []

[ 03-05-2008, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely song, Athene! [] []

*looks at Thingol's pics* Ooh, Mary Queen of Scots! [] ... yeah, that's it.

*can barely remember what she saw in Paris* Nearly 18 years ago, now. [] Vienna is fresher in my mind. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[] @ Thingy

quote:
I was standing outside of your apartment watching you.
Interesting, as I was in the Alps at the time [] You must have scared the hell out of my roomate, then []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

[]

I haven't posted this much in the lits in ages...

Feels kind of good, actually.

Of course, I'm having to re-read everything...but that's hardly a chore. []

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pics guys!

I *love* the console table and mirror in that apartment []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Unexpected Party : F.A.B.I.A.N. in Paris !! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  31  32  33 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help