Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » How do you feel when a crush doesn't return your feelings?
Author Topic: How do you feel when a crush doesn't return your feelings?
Peter_20
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6368
posted      Profile for Peter_20   Email Peter_20   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually a bit surprised when I found out that I was not alone about feeling completely wretched when a crush didn't return my feelings, because I thought I was making a too big thing about it, and everybody else took it easy; but that wasn't true.

Anyway, how do you feel when you interest is not returned?
I've been lucky enough to only feel terrible because of this once, and it was indeed painful - I almost felt as if I'd lost all of my friends or something, I was afraid of being alone, and I always wanted people around me.
I couldn't focus on anything at all, and I spent a lot of time just staring out in the air.
I never cried or anything, but I felt extremely fragile, and I felt like this for a few weeks.

[ 02-08-2008, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Peter_20 ]

From: Sweden | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can't relate, I've always been so pathetically shy that none of my crushes ever knew they were being crushed [] All in all, even tho' it hurts, at least now you know and can move on, I'd say you're better off in the long run even tho' you feel like hell right now. There's a lot of hotties out there, keep your eyes open, your next crush may be just around the next corner. []

You make it sound like it's more than a crush on a classmate or something.. is this a close friend and that's why you're anxious about your friends and so forth?

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mordor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6501
posted      Profile for Mordor   Email Mordor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i agree dont get worked up just rethink your plan and start a new stradgy remeber sitting down and have a crush dosent do anything you got to fight for it
From: Mount Airy MD | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mordor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6501
posted      Profile for Mordor   Email Mordor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i can relate to you the best thing if you see know light is to pick up and keep going
From: Mount Airy MD | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter_20
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6368
posted      Profile for Peter_20   Email Peter_20   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You make it sound like it's more than a crush on a classmate or something.. is this a close friend and that's why you're anxious about your friends and so forth?

Nah, it's pretty complicated:
the girl I mentioned was my classmate for five years, and then she changed class but we still went at the same school.
The thing is that I've always felt a very particular "bond" to this girl for some reason, probably because we both were aware of our interest to each other but my shyness stopped everything; and besides, our parents are also somewhat acquantied and have met and chatted and so on, and this girl also shared my interests a great deal.
If you add to all this the fact that we live in a really small village (I'm talking about a population of less than 3000 people), then you get a good idea at how personal things could feel, especially since we first met at first grade when we were 7 years old.

[ 02-13-2008, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Peter_20 ]

From: Sweden | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* Passes Him a mens room Invite*

You will find answers there

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, I am not too upset, unless she gets a restraining order.
Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with ZEN on this one.
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Crushed.
From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Crushed is only the half of it.

*mumbles off to Mens Room*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Naked Man - works two out of three times, guaranteed!
From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » How do you feel when a crush doesn't return your feelings?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help