Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The New-Expected Party (Page 4)
Author Topic: The New-Expected Party
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, saw this on facebook. I wish I could afford to go to Europe, but I'm currently working as a freelance musician (violin, viola, vocals....etc?) in Los Angeles. So actually, Lili and I could host it here, right, Lili? [] But yeah, while music is paying my bills it's not the most income I've ever had. At least I'm not at Hooters anymore [] I expect lots of pictures and fantastic stories, though []

[ 02-19-2014, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Anoren Anarinwa ]

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That would be fun and is very kind of you, Athene.

Its a shame it wasn't last year because I was in England last April for a couple of days. It was lots of fun. I saw Stonehenge, London in a day tour (yes, touristy, but it's what I wanted as I was able to see just about everything I'd only seen pictures of) and lastly, I did the Beatles Abbey Road walk. My life is complete. [] I even held a picture of the album in one hand as I took a picture of it and the walk location with the other, sort of superimposing the 1969 album photo on top of 2013.

Anyway, you never know, maybe I can scrape up some mullah and some time off. Regardless, it's always fun to come back here to comfortable old MT, sort of like putting on a pair of old sneakers.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What an awesome idea! I will be in Europe except some time in July, so it's totally doable. Thank you for organizing this. I am highly interested (in bringing down the party)!
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Precocious Auburn Hobbit
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2325

posted      Profile for Precocious Auburn Hobbit   Author's Homepage   Email Precocious Auburn Hobbit   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to meet everyone! Plus, it would be a great excuse to finally travel to the UK. I've got a cousin stationed over there that I've been meaning to visit for over a year now...

Unfortunately I couldn't make any commitments until I get a better idea of what my finances will be like at the time. We are slowly recovering from my other half being unemployed for a while (along with some school-related expenses), so I would have to give it a month or two to get a handle on things before I make any decisions.

But really, that would be wonderful! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~*~Defy Gravity~*~

From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anywhere within driving distance of Kansas, perhaps? Also, if anybody around here is able to stop the flow of time for one to two weeks, that would really help to free up my schedule for travelling.

Oh, and of course I'd bring Tigerlily along as well, but how about a 9-year-old and 7-year-old girl? (Yipes! How did that happen? Weren't they both just born here the other day?) Any room for rambunctious children?

Oh, and also, "Hello fair city! It's been a while!" []

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I didn't expect that this many people would actually come back here to post [] It feels nice. [] I guess even with facebook and what life has done to us, there is always some room for MT in everyone of us. []

bombi -- I don't know exactly when I'll be away this summer, but I'll mostly be in Paris. So let's meet-up, 5 years after Eugene ! []

Lilly you definitely need to come ! I need to see you again, it's been too long ! [] []

Belegurth - same thing here. []

And I would definitely like to meet up or see again everyone else too, of course ! Yay !

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thankfully, I could remember the password - turns out it's the one I use for absolutely everything [] Also, I'm glad I saw this on Facebook. I have very fond memories of our time in Paris, and the generosity of all the people involved.

I have spent an hour this morning going through old posts. To my only mild astonishment, I seem to have argued for some of the most nonsensical things I have ever read. [] No doubt that's what I'll say about what I write now in ten years down the road, though. []

It would be truly great to meet some of you again! [] I met Arda last October, which was fantastic, and which reinforced my recollection that people from MT are just nice people.

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nice to do this. Having just seen this thread. Honestly, I have one day away from the PC, well Laptop to be more accurate, to rest my eyes and things get interesting! Is on Facebook, but as facebook is a less interesting and in my opinion poorer social media forum than this one, I have to use my real name instead of a cool made up one!

[ 02-20-2014, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have spent an hour this morning going through old posts. To my only mild astonishment, I seem to have argued for some of the most nonsensical things I have ever read.
I just remember stalking people. []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh my goodness... Come to Portland!
We'll likely be in Portland Oregon in late May... driving to Seattle.

quote:
Anywhere within driving distance of Kansas, perhaps?
Is Anywhere within driving distance of Kansas? Austin Texas? Denver Colorado? St Louis Missouri? I suppose you don't say how many days....

We'll be passing through LAX in early May. It would be nice to catch up with Anoren and Lilliana and Keo and my daughter, but LAX is just a transit stop to Chicago. Maybe WGW and other chi-town MT folk will be up for a brew in early May?

[ 02-20-2014, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ad -- yes, come to Korea! I know, I know, it didn't sound promising . . . but just let me know a day or two out, okay? []

Oh, and another thing happened since my regular posting here stopped: I turned 50. Wow. I'll be 51 next month. Snowdog and I combine for over 100 now.

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Belegurth!!! Oh my god how have you been??? Are you suing people left and right now? I bet you are. []

Oh my gosh this is so cool!!!

Müs - I'm sorry but no one wants to go to Kansas.... LOL

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's a "probably not attending" at the outset, since all my vacation days are tied up. A more definite schedule, however, might reverse the negation of 'attending'. [] []

[ 02-20-2014, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone mention Chicago? It's also within driving distance of Kansas and well, anywhere in the USA and much of Canada.

*looks around to see if WGW is nearby*

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did someone mention Chicago?
Yeah, Chicago. Will be there a couple days in early May. We then take a camper van and drive west across the northern tier of the USA, ending in Seattle and visiting family before flying back to Oz.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay great lots of people are on board. Yay ! []

So I guess now we need to start planning, people. If I understood correctly, most people who would attend the meet-up in Europe would be okay with going to Athene's, so I guess we can make it official that it's going to happen there ? []

[ 02-21-2014, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

yeah, same euro-clique is cool. We plan on making a trip that way in coming years. Maybe we'll make one of them.
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I could probably make Athene's happen, if it fits within my admittedly narrow date ranges. So please don't feel compelled to plan around me.

Bele, I'll be in Dusseldorf March 6-9 with some of my choir kids at an international choir and orchestra festival. I don't know where you live, but if it's close, let me know.

[ 02-21-2014, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: bombadil ]

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is Anywhere within driving distance of Kansas? Austin Texas? Denver Colorado? St Louis Missouri? I suppose you don't say how many days....
I would say that all those locations are at about the limit of how far I would have the time (and my children would have the patience) to drive. []

quote:
Müs - I'm sorry but no one wants to go to Kansas...
Then they're missing out on some of the best sunsets on the planet.

Oh, and the basketball teams here are pretty awesome as well. []

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well I want to go there at some point since it's one of the US states I haven't been to yet. [] []
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I drove through Kansas on my way to LA. It was so beautiful for the first couple of hours. But then it kept going. And going. And when we finally made it to a rest area, the map said we were only halfway through the state. I wanted to cry.
Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Yes Anoren, and if you're going west, you get to the highest point in Kansas, then you're in Colorado. That drive makes even Denver look good. []

I suppose nobody will be in Brisbane any time soon... or Seattle in late May?

[ 03-06-2014, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't expect to be able to afford the time or the money.
And I would have liked so much to see you again ... []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay people time to get real. Mywife and I spoke, and it turns out that the week-ends that could work are either May 24-26 or August 23-25. (Sorry bombi it sucks that it's not when you're in Europe [] but we'll definitely meet in Paris anyway)

Since it is very soon, we need to pick one of them quite fast. So, who could come when ? Let us know, even if it is only tentative. []

*excited* []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
YES. I have my notebook ready to start making the many, many lists I will need to ensure my mental happiness and the smooth organisation of the Party. There may be colour-coding. There may even, in the most extreme of outcomes, be glitter glue.

My pen is poised. My body is ready. Let's make this happen.
[]

[ 03-19-2014, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The New-Expected Party (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help