Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The New-Expected Party (Page 3)
Author Topic: The New-Expected Party
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it's quite hot - above 30°C, I don't put a single foot outside ...
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
According to the Weather Channel, the average high for Houston, Texas in June is 33C. Average, mind you.

The record high is 38.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So I won't be there [] - I could consider inviting people to Brussels. We have some room here []
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, I forget to mention-in addition to my inability to alter my teaching schedule at work, I am also unable to change local weather patterns. December 2008 and February 2009 would be hosting possibilities for me, and the weather is definitely cooler here then. Plus, I'm in San Antonio, not Houston...and the climate is drier here, so cooler at night, even in the summer.

But it seems to me that citizens who could actually attend a party in South Texas are unlikely to be put off by June temperatures anyway.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... okay, I just caught my 12 year-old sister dancing with a chicken leg in one hand, and a beer bottle in the other. []

She wasn't drinking it, she was just helping us clean up after guests... it was just... [] and [] at the same time.
-Keo

[ 10-22-2007, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Princess Keona ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*kolahtaa* []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Who??
From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's supposed to be something like 'bump' in Finnish []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Hi.

[]

Athene and I talked, and we were kind of thinking it was time to have a new MT gathering. (Yeah, we are kind of crazy, aren't we ?) [] So we decided to throw it open on the board and see what happened.

At first I wanted to host it in Paris, but it turns out that I have to move by the end of July, so it could get complicated to organize. So Athene offered to host it again in the UK (in the Midlands, for those who are wondering). []

It would happen some time between May and September, I guess.

What do you think ? Would you be interested to come ? Would you rather come if it was in Paris ? []

fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In the UK... in the Midlands no less. Well, I don't really have any excuse *not* to come out of the woodwork for that! []
From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes friends, indeed I am throwing my home open to a bunch of beloved weirdos again. And apparently channelling Arien, because that sounded just like her. []

As before, I have some accommodation at my actual house, but the hotel situation is even better than last time because there is a very cheap travel hotel within walking distance of my house (walking distance meaning "No, you don't have to cross a freaking motorway to get there this time.". )The transport situation is much the same, in that I have airports and mainline train stations within easy reach.

Also, if you don't come then Inc' and I will just meet up by ourselves and be cooler than you. Also, just have, like, the best time and post our cool-people-pictures on the board and you will be jealous. So you had better come. []

I would prefer to do it again in the May or August UK bank holiday weekends, because that would mean that more local people would be able to come, but I'm open to taking more time off if necessary. My holiday days are very happy to be sacrificed on the altar of MTness!

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi . . . it's been a while. []

I'm living in Korea nowadays, teaching music at an international school. I'll spend most of the summer of 2014 about 35 km from Paris, and a couple of weeks in Vienna. The Vienna weeks are work -- I'm assisting at a high school choir camp. So far, not enough kids have signed up for the camp, so it's tentative. But I'd be open to meeting anywhere in Europe. France would be closest for me, but I could make England work.

My schedule:

Now till June 15: in Korea
June 15-28: Fontainebleau, France
June 29-July 13: Vienna, music camp (tentative)
July 13-26: Fontainebleau again
July 27-August 2: somewhere in the southern part of France, maybe near Toulouse
August 2: return to Korea

I'll keep checking back!

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WAIT WHAT HOW COME YOU ARE IN KOREA
[]
Weren't you in.... *thinks*... Idaho?

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Haha this is hilarious. []
I guess it is not obvious for people not on Facebook that he is living in Korea.

bombi you weren't even going to tell me you were coming to Fontainebleau in the summer ? [] [] How can I visit you in Korea if we don't keep touch ? [] []

quote:
walking distance meaning "No, you don't have to cross a freaking motorway to get there this time.". )
*remembers* []

quote:
Also, if you don't come then Inc' and I will just meet up by ourselves and be cooler than you.
[]

[ 02-19-2014, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Estel the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4576

posted      Profile for Estel the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Estel the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Houston is good for me lol

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
when i try to be somthing i am nothing. when i am true, im exactly who i wanna be...

From: jasper TX via melbourne VIC Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I would love to visit Texas, except for the yearly mass tarantula exodus. []

NO NEED, MOTHER NATURE. NO. NEED.
[] [] []

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hai! Still alive, and I would love to go to the Land of Eng and see people, but, alas, I am in the throes of looooove and saving my money for visiting with girlfriend (since my heart made the wise decision of falling for a girl in Chicago). Yes yes we may all go back in time and laugh at teen!Neytari now... Anyway, I plan on putting MT back in my internet rotation and I'm sorry for being neglectful. I feel so warm when I am here.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

NEY HAS A LAYDEE????
[] [] []
How exciting, good for you. I have recently broken up with mine, but that's just how the cookie crumbles.
[]
Tell us all about her.
*chinhands*
[]

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] She was the first person to RP with me on Tumblr when I started writing Will Graham there last spring and gradually she came onto me and I was receptive to her advances and we have been together officially and publicly since November [] I haven't been with her in person yet cause of money and schedules but we text and RP and chat [] She is smart and deep and beautiful and enthusiastic and sexy and I just want her in my arms nooooow XD
The other news is I finally sought help for my depression and anxiety and I've been doing pretty amazing for about exactly a year now.
I extend sympathies for your romantic woes :/

[ 02-19-2014, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
I am internet high-fiving you so hard right now, not just because of the laydee, but for all the other bits too. You utterly rock.
[]

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So us englanders....
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Weren't you in.... *thinks*... Idaho?
Yep. Was. Boy Wonder finished high school and got a pretty good scholarship to a university 3000 km away, but still in the US. "Pretty good" meaning the out-of-state tuition was way beyond what I'd saved for him. Soooo, since he was going so far, I started looking. [] International schools in general pay their teachers far better than US schools do, and the Korean public respects teachers a lot more too. So moving to Korea was both practical (paying for BW's college life) and political (I'm getting too old to be treated like sh*t). []

Inc -- I promise, I was gonna tell you! Will you be around this summer? Yeah, come visit me here -- I have a small apartment but it has a spare room.

NTB -- that's GREAT news, on all fronts.

More to say, but I'm tired and it's 9:30 p.m. in the Land of Morning Calm. []

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
England.... cool. Maybe one day.
We're heading to the states in May which will be it for us for 2014 travel.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness... Come to Portland! Backyard camping, cool hotels, lots to do, easy airport access with train connections. I will pick you up personally! I'd be happy to host as I have really great outdoor space.

Seriously though, I wish I could make it to Europe for this. Or Korea. It would be great to see some of you again (though you'd barely recognize me) or to meet people.

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OH MY GOSH IT'S LIKE A FAMILY REUNION UP IN HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I love it.

Is it my turn to update? Mmkay. I'm still working at my sucky job. I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years last August. I went to therapy (which helped me LOADS omg everyone needs to go). I had an online fling (yes I realize how ridiculous that sounds) that didn't last long or end well... then in Jan I hooked up---I mean started dating this guy who is a friend of one of my coworkers and we hit it off right away. So yeah after a month of that I have another boyfriend. Totally did not expect that. I am also in the throws of love. []

AS for the meeting...omg I would love to go.... I don't care where let's do this!!

edit: ALSO there is a slight chance I may be moving to Germany this year for a job. []

[ 02-19-2014, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The New-Expected Party (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help