Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The New-Expected Party (Page 2)
Author Topic: The New-Expected Party
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
*hands Amá some breath mints*
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And whether people want to make a party their priority is up to the individual.
To an extent it is, to an extent it isn't.

I wasn't in any place, for example, to make the party my first priorty this summer, as much as I would have liked to.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Up to the individual's circumstances, is what I should perhaps have said.

Look, let's say the next Party is in Canada. Then person A can't make it because they don't have the money. So we move it to Australia; persons B and C now can't make it. Wherever it happens, or they happen, there are going to be people who can't make it.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As I said, I'm probably just bitter because that will probably be me who can't make it.

Again. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At least you're in the right hemisphere. It could be worse.

Logistics be damned! *dramatically shakes fist at sky*

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
Logistics be damned!
Try being the one organising it. []
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I could host a US party, and have the space to house several people (if they're not picky), but that the time of year that's typically best for others to travel is the busiest for me at work. It's not a matter of priority or choice, but rather a simple fact of university schedules that I can't change.

South Texas is also out-of-the-way for most people, even those in the US.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is Texas still part of the US? I thought that they were kicked out...
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

No, we tried being our own country for awhile, but then a few of the more ambitious types decided they wanted to be US President.

EDIT: Speaking of work.... []

[ 10-19-2007, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Gna ]

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been to Sherman, TX - but that's up north. It was flippin hot, man.

Anyway, I had planned to attend the last party (I suppose I could be counted among the aforementioned 32) but I was in the midst of moving my practice to UBS - the timing was just wrong.

I wouldn't mind hosting - Boston is a great city with a sh!t ton to do, and I'm right in the middle of it. Also, its a short jaunt to NYC - so those who want to do a multi-city tour could do it on the cheap (sorta).

Regardless of where it ends up being, I'll make an effort to show my ugly mug.

From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Just wanted to apologize to everyone for being such a [] this morning. No excuse for it. I just want to go to the party so bad, and it's looking more and more like I'm not going to get to go ~again.

Sorry for my little bitch attack.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry Amá, I totally understand why you're upset [] []

So it comes to the point where two parties seems the best solution ? Not at the same time, I'd say. As Elu said, I think we'll need a precise date soon. So, to sum up, we have :

Europe : ?
States : Belthronding, Boston and possibly Gna, TX, depending on work ?

[ 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Thanks, Inc. []

I would love to have everyone here, but my living situation isn't really conducive to holding a large party; I live in student housing.

On the other hand, if we went out clubbing all night, we wouldn't necessarily need to have a lot of people at my place...there are hostels/reasonably priced b&b's and hotels all over Derry. And I could put up one person...

And maybe I could *poke* Glóin to help as well?

Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

quote:
possibly Gna, TX, depending on work ?

Maybe I wasn't very clear about this, but my work schedule, at least the teaching part of it, does not change from year-to-year. It's very different from, say, a professor at a small liberal arts college who has 5-10 students in his class, can lecture on whatever topics he wishes, and can rearrange the class schedule around his own or meet students at a coffee shop (rather difficult when there are 240 of them).

That being said, there are a couple of stretches during which my schedule is more flexible, and I could reasonably host a party: mid-December, most of February, and most of June. Those are times when the weather here is usually pretty pleasant, though some of the local attractions (Sea World, Fiesta Texas) would be closed in the winter months.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, okay, I'd misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up []
*goes to edit first post* []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

No worries, Inc'.

[unrelated] Did someone who posted in this thread recently become an ex-citizen? Identity and posts expunged from the city records? [/unrelated] []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did someone who posted in this thread recently become an ex-citizen?
He was banned - I didn't know that would remove all his posts, though. Perhaps that's different with this new webhost? []

Edit:
Or did WGW delete him as well?
But would that delete his posts?

[ 10-19-2007, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

One of the two slightly annoying kids ? I hadn't even noticed he had posted []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that one of them posted here, yes - and they have both been banned.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am moving back to South Texas at the end of the year, so I could totally make a South Texas Party, as well as help plan it...
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Data updated []
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Idaho's available! Of course, you'd have to find a way to get here . . . Boise's not exactly on the way to anywhere else.

But I have sleeping space for 5-6 on beds, another 3 on couches and love seats, and lots of room on the floor and in the back yard.

Of course, I'd rather go to CA or TX, seeing how I'll be in both this summer anyway.

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Shiny ! []
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

If June and South Texas will work for some citizens, then I can certainly consider hosting a party.
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are other MTers sure they're prepared for South Texas in June? []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The New-Expected Party (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help