Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Long-Expected Party (Page 8)
Author Topic: The Long-Expected Party
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Er...if so, that was quick. []

PM me. [] If you've got it right that might be a vague help with the other clues.

Edit: Ah. Easily done. Never mind.

Repost for new page:

quote:
1. She lost a few things in London: keys, monkeys, cats.
2. No need for weapons, it's only politics!
3. Singing Queen.
4. The limited partner of the last elf.
5. Don't you want to push or lose for once? - Mahanaxar
6. Who went on the hiking tours with George?
7. Citizen of a Thousand Names. - Nelyafinwë
8. Do not go gentle into that, good knight! - Hidalgo
9. Thank you Mr. Smith.
10. Sandy canine.
11. The Return of Her King.

Edit: guesses in the post below - []

[ 08-28-2007, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Aikanáro ]

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK my last guesses for now:

1 - Freya?
9 - Curufinwë?
10 - Snowdog? (Though I don't get the sandy reference.)

Wasn't "Last Elf" one of those serial sockpuppeteers? []

[ 08-28-2007, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wasn't "Last Elf" one of those serial sockpuppeteers?
[] Most certainly NOT!
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I'm sorry - that was you. I remember now, Thorin expressed surprise that you had a different original name. I was thinking of a different name.

OK now we just have to figure out your limited partner.

Interfauna Ltd.? []

[ 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
Woah, not that obscure.

My house is too quiet. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Empty nest syndrome?

They grow up so fast . . . []

Meliverindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2830

posted      Profile for Meliverindë   Author's Homepage   Email Meliverindë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
3 Thingol? (as in Singollo + Abba song [] )
From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Don't know if that's right, but I like your thinking.
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Yes. The buzzards have abandoned Hinckley.
[]

Mel: [] (of course!)

1. She lost a few things in London: keys, monkeys, cats.
2. No need for weapons, it's only politics!
3. Singing Queen. - Thingol of Doriath
4. The limited partner of the last elf.
5. Don't you want to push or lose for once? - Mahanaxar
6. Who went on the hiking tours with George? - Tuor(s)
7. Citizen of a Thousand Names. - Nelyafinwë
8. Do not go gentle into that, good knight! - Hidalgo
9. Thank you Mr. Smith.
10. Sandy canine.
11. The Return of Her King.

[ 08-28-2007, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Is the Password the location of the Party?
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
People are playing [] [] []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

4 - His - something - hoofiness []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] []
but [] @ the idea !!

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Does #6 refer to me?
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
Yes, and.....
So the answer is?

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Uh - Gerry? Graham? Cyd? donkey's angel?
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Meliverindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2830

posted      Profile for Meliverindë   Author's Homepage   Email Meliverindë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Err? why not Wandering Tuor? (your... brother?? bad memory, sorry)
From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Well George = me (my screen name for a bit, back in the day), so the question is, who went with me. At one point or another I posted pics of me hiking with each of the people I guessed.

But Inkling's reaction suggests that I'm way off base.

E: Glóin - Get in here []

Glóin = the institutional memory of Minas Tirith.

[ 08-28-2007, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Hum...I guess you have to wonder what kind of clue we would have chosen for something concerning you [] [] []

[ 08-28-2007, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Meliverindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2830

Oh, sorry. I vaguely remembered pics of you hiking with somebody and I thought he may be George... but I mess up names in RL too []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Tuor (tour) []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I would like to add that the "obscure reference to days past" part of the clue has already been guessed.
[]
The rest is more like a traditional Password clue.
[]

E: [] [] He's got it! []

[ 08-28-2007, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Glóin = the institutional memory of Minas Tirith.
[]

What game are we playing here? Does each clue refer to a Minas Tirith citizen?

Edit: Dumb question...

Edit 2: The Last Elf was Athene's original screen name.

Edit 3: Okay, you've already said that. I'm slowly catching up.

[ 08-28-2007, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meliverindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2830

we know... the problem is the limited partner []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Long-Expected Party (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help