Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Long-Expected Party (Page 13)
Author Topic: The Long-Expected Party
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should have given him [Eluchil] Gollum's Grandmother, just to keep up tradition.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Knowing Eluchil, he probably burst out with the correct answer before you even got to ask the question.
Fear the power of ósanwe []

The questions I remember were "is it male ?" (answer : "we are not sure"), and "is it an animal ?". There was also "anybody to join me for a cigarette ?" ... waitaminute, this last one was not part of the game []

As for Gollum's grand-mother : any Hobbit (well, almost) would have been good, as I told them ... after []

From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I hope those who attended the Party had a great time! [] []

I'm sorry I missed it. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Back at work []
The flight was two hours late last night.
I got home at 3.30 a.m. []

I'll be posting more after work []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A long time after work []

I had a great week even after the Party - met Aika in London on Thursday, went on the London Eye and on a guided tour of the Houses of Parliament []

Then I visited my friend in Kent over the weekend, and we went to Southend-on-sea on Saturday - another great day []

Monday night I went home - the flight was running two hours late, so instead of arriving at Oslo Airport at 11.10 p.m. as expected, we got in at 1.15 a.m. Public transport had stopped running, but they got an extra bus for us, and I had to take a taxi for the last part of the journey. I got home at 3.30 a.m. []

And then straight to work in the morning []
I've rarely been as tired as that at work, but I managed to get something done, if not as efficiently as might have been possible otherwise []

I haven't had a proper look at my photos yet, so there may still be things that could be worth posting! []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Extra photos from the Party : with agreement of Addie and Theney.

-
The mug sisters !!

-
Addie playing with Fred (is it right ?) You also have Varna with big-nose-giraffe []

-
And there is Athene and donkey doing a [] [] combination []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And you, doing a "mmmm, donkeeeeeyyyy".
[]
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Mmmm, donkeeeeeyyyy!

-

... and Athene ...

-

... and finally Athene without donkey (he didn't go with us to the zoo) ...

-

I expect there will be more pictures eventually ...

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

I was thinking I'd say to whom belonged the quotes...I'll do that tomorrow []

[ 09-14-2007, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, I love my beautiful MT peeps! [] Looks like you all had an awesome time!

... and my hormones would like to thank you for that awesome shot of Thangail in an armchair. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay so I've gathered enough courage to explain all the quotes... []

quote:
In fact, are our personalities different enough so that you can recogniz[s]e the different parts of us ??
That's me...and it's Athene who demanded the English spelling []

quote:
The scariest thing I've ever seen is a pregnant Legolas.
~Aika

quote:
I guess some things just need to die.
/Addie I can't remember what we were talking about, though...

quote:
Suicide bombing isn't exactly a career
-Saeros

quote:
The Tube: like gorillas in a shoebox
#Addie - I'm not sure...maybe Athene.

quote:
It's so uncool it's actually cool.
¤Athene, definitely []

quote:
I can clearly see someone mugging this gentleman, but I'm more concerned with cigarettes
\Addie

quote:
people are crying, and they don't know why
|Addie again, saying that the Party had sucked up all the fun on Earth []

quote:
You guys are crap.
`Athene, pissed she was Sauron at the name-game []

quote:
It's like accountancy - but with bricks.
§Athene again, describing her job []

quote:
Haha, we're judging you!
Me, to Eluchil before he started to guess who he was.

quote:
Metaphysically...
^Thangailat 1 a.m. - speaking about "Did Sauron travelled in LoTR ?"

quote:
Someday I'm gonna make it through The Hobbit
And ]Addie again

quote:
I taught Emily sexual sign language.
Me, to Aika. I just had actually taught Emily how to say something sexual in sign language.

quote:
I cannot be bribed with smoothies.
}Aika
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

So if this is the time for revealing secrets, we can also give the exact number of questions it took for Eluchil to find out who he was in the Name Game.
quote:
quote:
Knowing Eluchil, he probably burst out with the correct answer before you even got to ask the question.
Fear the power of ósanwe []

The questions I remember were "is it male ?" (answer : "we are not sure"), and "is it an animal ?".

Those were questions number one and two, and question number three was "am I 'The Watcher in the Water'?"
Which he was. []
quote:
There was also "anybody to join me for a cigarette ?" ... waitaminute, this last one was not part of the game
That was question number four []

Oh, and if Mr Eluchil would clear out his PM box, I could send him something []

[ 09-17-2007, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Tube: gorillas thing was Athene, I just happened to repeat it at a much higher volume. []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just had actually taught Emily how to say something sexual in sign language.
And she still remembers it... []
*makes the sign at hot passer-by*
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[] @ Addie and Wifey

Thanks Varna ! I had forgotten about that part []

Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Varna : sorry for answering late, I forgot to keep an eye on this thread [] I cleaned a little bit, but it's difficult to choose which pms can be deleted [] Anyway, I'm ready to receive yours now []
And I still have to answer in "Memories ..." ... The worst is that I have the answer in my head []

quote:
and question number three was "am I 'The Watcher in the Water'?"
[]
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

"It's difficult to decide which PMs can be deleted"

I always (except for very few) save them to my portable harddisk or a memory stick first.

If we had had time at the Party, I could have shown you my whole MT collection when Inc' was reading my UP probation story. I've got PMs, RPs (that I'm playing in), every Opele since I first joined, MSN discussions - and a couple of other interesting items as well.

I'll send you your PM tomorrow, then.

Or is that 'later today'?

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
quote:
and question number three was "am I 'The Watcher in the Water'?"
[]
Exactly. That's when you killed the game []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Two more photos from the Zoo:

Swordmaster:

-

Swordmaster and Athene:

-

I only had my phone for taking photos - and it tricked me several times. It makes a clicking sound when I press the button, and then it "thinks" for a few seconds - during which the people who have posed for the photo, smile relieved and turn away - and then it actually takes the photo []

Still, some turn out all right, and hopefully there will be one or two more as well. []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] Power to the silly hat, people. Word. []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Finally - what you've all been waiting for (you didn't know that, did you [] ):
The Zoo Group Picture!

-

(Hamfast, Athene, Swordmaster and Eluchil)

[]

Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
quote:
Exactly. That's when you killed the game
Yeah, I'm a game killer, so what ? []
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[] Power to the silly hat, people. Word. []
[]

I love that hat, Athene! It looks so....British. []

[ 10-01-2007, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just think, this was nearly a year ago, now!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Link []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Long-Expected Party (Page 13)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help