Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Long-Expected Party (Page 12)
Author Topic: The Long-Expected Party
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We miss you too, Varna [] *hugs*

quote:
When we were confusing you about the flesh/meat issue, you should have asked whether you were a plant.
Okay, this is, off-context, the weirdest sentence [] Anyway, yeah, I should have asked if I were a plant, but my mind wouldn't work properly ... I still don't know how I managed to find out []
And good idea Celebrían and Varna for the pictures ! I'll do it right away []

quote:
You think being the White Tree is bad? I was Sauron. [] I think they were trying to tell me something.
Oh, you only got it now ? [] []
But that's true, at least a lot of people tried to save me and my ancestors from a downfall, evil stuff, etc... []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I will never understand why lovely Aika refuses to have her picture taken.
Er...because I don't want to scare everyone away from MT?

*is the most un-photogenic person ever* []

quote:
You think being the White Tree is bad? I was Sauron. I think they were trying to tell me something.
[]

I hope not. I was Grishnakh. []

[] at the Feet Picture.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope not. I was Grishnakh.
[] Good point!

I'm just eating the Gujerati green beans from the party. Not quite the last of the leftovers.... []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would have been "that drunk guy" if I could have mead it.

Athene - nothing dreadful about you, or your looks. You're a hot mamma and a true champ for doing this shindig.

But I didn't know that the lovely Swordy was a Mrs.

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on, all those hot pics of her in the Face thread?
[]
How could you have missed those?
[]

Personal favourite: black and white stripey jumper, a.k.a. "Smooth Criminal". [] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would have been "that drunk guy" if I could have mead it.

Oh, yeah, we've been told... [] []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
if I could have mead it
We can tell by the fact that all of your typos end up spelling the names of alcoholic beverages. []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Inky and Athene!

You misunderstood me. Mrs. means married.

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] I'm pretty sure she isn't.

Snowy's favourite book: Tequila Mockingbird.
[]
[]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

You're quick with the wit, aren't you? []

In the group photo Swordy was called Mrs. Swordy, so I assumed she was married.

[ 08-31-2007, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Well, MyWife called her that way on the Completely Expected PArty thread, so I figured I'd use it too... []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I just googled "tequila mockingbird", and by the power of sependipity that happily seems to rule my life, I found this appropriate bit of blogging:
quote:
recently, i took a much-needed break and headed to the sandy florida shores with a bunch of folks far cooler than i, all of whom i came to know via blogging.

the whole "people i met online" thing is a really tough situation to explain to people who aren't familiar. you say, "yeah, i started reading her blog, and then i commented a couple of times and sent her an email and we started im'ing and now we're going to hang out at the beach for four days." and, even though i get it myself, i have to admit that while i'm typing that i can see how people think it's crazy. or weird. or a violation of some sort of stalker law.

but in a lot of ways, the internet is just a big subdivision. and the blogs you read are the neighbors you go borrow a cup of sugar from, or go drink coffee with. although, in some ways, i think it's even better now because, really, the only reason my mom ever went to bobbi dean caldwell's house to borrow sugar and spend some time chatting was because bobbi dean caldwell happened to buy a house across the street from us. it's not like mom had much in common with bobbi dean.

but with the internet, i don't go hang out at the beach with erin and cory just because. i go hang out with them ... because i genuinely like them....

the reason i choose to spend time with them is that i connect with them. i think they're funny. or smart. or funny and smart. or just because i think they're hot.... so, in some ways, yes, maybe it is weird to have "online friends" who somehow end up squarely in your "real" life. but in some ways it's soooo much better than just spending time with people out of convenience or proximity.

Aptness. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Very indeed.
The Swordmaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1302

posted      Profile for The Swordmaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't even noticed the Mrs addition to my name!

No I'm not married but I know a lot of people started using Ms. or Mistress when I kept pointing out (years ago) that I wasn't a bloke despite my screen name.

Plus the Mistress bit goes well with Athene's description of me once as the 'Dominatrix of Democracy' []

From: Paphos, Cyprus!!! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I just remembered the fact that you people who weren't there missed the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear Varna sing along on It's raining men [] [] [] []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Yep indeedy.
[]
Our lives: complete.
[]
Your lives: not so great.
[]

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would have preferred listening to Varna singing to dragging my luggage through Piccadilly Circus on the night of a bank holiday. []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that Eluchil's performance in the name game was pretty special. We gave him the watcher in the water to guess, thinking it was a bit tricky. Guess how many goes it took him to get it?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Once-in-a-lifetime?
You mean we won't be playing that song at the next British MT party?

Btw, I feel so left out now without proper net access. Will see you all again on Tuesday ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Guess how many goes it took him to get it?
Is it an even number?
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's a rather low number!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Knowing Eluchil, he probably burst out with the correct answer before you even got to ask the question. [] []
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
2!
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Very close.
[]

Just to let y'all know, if Addie and Saeros are not able to do the Party next year, I don't mind hosting it again.

And now: AWAY! []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Long-Expected Party (Page 12)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help