Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Tales from the Riverbank (Page 2)
Author Topic: Tales from the Riverbank
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dont drown wetty

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So Friday morning came; my first day out carping this year [] I was up at 4.45am and it was raining []
But did that stop me? .......Did it feck! And off I went to pick up my fishing partner in crime []
We were on the lake by 6am with lines in the water a few minutes later. Then we huddled under his bivvy drinking coffee with me trying to dry out, I'd forgotten my wet weather gear! []
Anyhow the day wore on and the rain stopped and the sun came out []
The carp were starting to splash around and I saw a couple being caught in the swim next to mine and a lovely golden tench of about 7lb taken out.
Unfortunately neither me or my mate caught anything [] I had a couple of small runs that led to nothing but the fact that I didn't catch didn't really bother me, them are the breaks with carping sometimes []
It was just great to be sat outside next to a piece of water watching nature and time pass by and not having to have a care in the world bothering me []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been ishing a hard clear water of around 6 acres that is square brick botttom with no features and is around 35 feet deep [] Taken 7 fish in the morning sessions that ive done before work and lost a good 20 [] So now im going to catch them all to get even! the best one ive had so far is a perfect linea from the snaggy corner. The bait is grange red! Unstoppeable!
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Here's my fishing partner-in-crime with a lovely 23lb 10oz mirror he caught at a private fishery he goes to with his lad []

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't managed to get a line wet so far this year. I really wanted to try ice fishing this winter, which is really popular in Finland, but I didn't get to that either. Eled wants to go up to our summer cabin place at the end of this month, and maybe I'll get a chance to make up some good fishing stories then. []
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

The Brick pit fish have done the off andgone missing and cant be found. the fish in the canal havent been seen at all this year so a think a few naughty nighters breaking the rules of course but who cares?

Look what happened last time note the no fishing sign
 -

Look at this stonker!
 -

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Did you eat or release, Zen?
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

I'm going to be sat on the lake bank tomorrow []
I am treating my dad to a day out [] The last time we went fishing together was when I was a kid in Gibraltar; I must have been all of 6 or 7 []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can you even eat those giant goldfish?
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Alright Wetty, reel them in!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

it's too sodding hot the buggers just go right past. and my lakes are closed cos of a desisse
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

This is where I have ben having a go! pic to come in th enext month with the ones caught form under the ice.

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Here is where I normally go:

-

I did some fishing in America a couple weeks ago. I didn't have much luck but the better half went with me and she was on a roll.

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

I joined a complex just 5 or 6 miles down the road from me [] I've done two all day sessions and have had 20 fish on the bank []
The largest so far has been this 14lb 8oz beauty []

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
[] How come I never catch anything that big? In fact, how come I don't catch anything? []

Here is Eled at a farm pond in America a couple of weeks ago. She caught about 10 while I caught 1. []

-

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well... duh. She's using dog as bait. I find you catch the most fish that way. []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimruzir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 248

posted      Profile for Nimruzir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Catfish, not so much.
From: Den of Iniquity | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Well, I'm back"- from the Potomac River after kayak paddling 35 miles in two days, I just took off the third day planning to float slowly. The night before an earth worm had crawled to my picnic table, in pain from an attack of ants. To put it out of its misery, I picked it up and threw it into the river. No sooner had it plopped in, then at least six small fish zoomed in to inspect. I took that as a good sign. The trout had been jumping out in front of my kayak constantly the day before. That morn I leisurely got on the water not 'til the fog lifted, around 9am. Just downriver there was splashing! The bass were having a feeding frenzy, some with their bodies one third of the way out of the water, skimming the submerged grasses, looking for breakfast. They looked like little Mini-Jaws!

I passed through the action, amazed. Then around the next bend was another unusual sight- a mature bald eagle sitting on a dead tree, just ... watching. Normally an eagle will fly away, leaving one to identify him by his white head and tail feathers, but this one was curious. He stayed and peered at me. Here was possibly his next snack! I tipped my hat to him, and only then did he decide to fly.

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Did an all day session at my local club today []
I moved swims at 11am due to not getting any bites and then I went and put my back out!!! []
I was just about to pack up and go home cos I was in so much pain when the fish started to bite [] So like a true carper I stayed on and tried to ignore the discomfort I was in; which was hard! []
Anyhow I'm glad I did stay cos I landed 5 pond piggies through the afternoon all doubles []
And on top of that I got my personal best from this lake; it came in at 16lb 12oz []
 -

[ 08-01-2008, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Ooh! A nice one. []

Here's one fishing method I won't be trying anytime soon: catfish noodling.

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

I had another day off work today and you guessed it, I went carping! []
I went in the same spot that I fished last Friday; I lost 3 carp (hook came out ) within the first hour!!! []
Then I proceeded to get all manner of knocks and short takes with either nothing there or spitting the hook when I struck into it!!! []
To make things worse I was the only person seeing any fishy action on the lake []
Well after nearly going home I knuckled down and ended up landing three doubles with this little beauty coming in at 17lb 4oz (7.75kg) making it a new lake personal best! []

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

I took my lad out with me for a day on the lakeside today; he was starting to get bored until I landed this 19lb 8oz (9kg) beauty [] It's now my lake personal best []

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*doesn't know/care much about/for fishies*

*was entertained by the range of hairstyle Zen sported in the past though* [] []

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wetwang, do tell me you eat these beauties...
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Nope Mr Dog, I put them back to grow bigger and fight harder next time they're caught []
I understand that in the Land Down Under if you catch a carp you have to kill it and place the corpse in a riverside bin []
I find this very sad but I do understand why this law exsists in Oz.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Tales from the Riverbank (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help