Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Tales from the Riverbank (Page 1)
Author Topic: Tales from the Riverbank
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
~*~ WELCOME ONE AND ALL ~*~ []

That loveable larakin ZENITH and myself were chatting the other day about what else but fishing []
I mentioned to him 'I wonder if there are any other anglers here at MT?'
'I expect so' said Z. 'Why don't you start an inn to find out.' []
So here it is and what an ideal place to locate it, The Golden Perch []
Whether you are Crazy Carpers, Fanatical Fly Fishermen (or women), or indeed Mad Matchmen (or women) come and show us your catches, tell us your tales of daring do or divulge your secret tackles and baits []
All are welcome and we won't hold it against you if you are American or French []
Indeed it would be most interesting to hear how people go fishing in countries other that the UK and the tactics that they use []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Well here's a few pics of me with some Pond Piggies or carp as there are called []
I caught these all on the same Summer's day []
The first one is around 15lb and the other two somewhere around 18lbs each []

-

-

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been interestind in Carp fishing until now...
 -
[] []
( [] at Tom Felton, not the Carp [] )

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Many monns ago I started fishing a s Noddy (or bit basher if you will) I was good; very good. I still to this day whipp a size 24 to 12oz line blindfolded! [] I won some matches had ton up bags of roach and bream but something was missing. Then one summers day, after seeing some monsterous carp in a small bay, a run around the lake to "Borrow" (ok yes i stole when he whent for a piss I couldnt tell him) a large hook form my mate swinny. Five minutes later free lined corn on 3lb line(what was i thinking) was picked up by a 9lb common. From that day on a speicemin hunter was born.

These days I mainly target carp but with double figger bream tench and pike over twenty ive a respectable fiching cv that any one would be proud of! It's not just about catching its bpout being ther and doing it; waking up to see a king fisher on your rods in the morning, the mist circle around you, the frost like floor of diamonds in front of you!

but with fish like this:
 -

It's hard to stop! This was caught on a large pit, on a 4hour summer session where it rained hard for an hour(Zenith hid under a tree) and i got the take some minutes after it stopped. Fishing to a small gravel patch of around 3 feet in a sandy bottom it had to happen!

So is there any others of you out there?!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Good to see you popping in Z [] []
I started off as a tiddler basher as well [] And even to this day I still at times like to get out the float rod []
In fact I was just on the dog to a mate about going to have a look at our old stomping ground to see if it's worth giving it a go in a few weeks time []

[ 04-01-2006, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

Get baiting up now and you should, get a good result! Rig tying at the moment.
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] You two are hooking some good ones there!
My exploits fishing are mainly in the Alpine Lakes here in Washington state, pulling cut-throat and rainbow trout out of near freezing water. They fry up great over an open fire as the evening meal too. The lakes season opens in a couple weeks too! Woo Hoo! Need to get a license! Early season is fun but I prefer to hike back into the high country and there I use live grasshoppers for bait

Its been some time since I went Steelheading (Sheelhead salmon). The licensing cost is steep and its catch and release only. I like to eat what I catch.

In summers past I would go back to Minnesota and would go casting for large-mouth bass, and trolling for Northern Pike. They is some good eats for a rather ugly freshwater shark!

Ah yes, to add a little Middle Earth to this thread, here is the Middle Earth Angling Guide.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

quote:
In summers past I would go back to Minnesota and would go casting for large-mouth bass, and trolling for Northern Pike. They is some good eats for a rather ugly freshwater shark!

Too true has caught many pike Will look for a scanner so i can get some of my pics online!

Perhaps any of you have some funny stories of a days sport? I know I have a few thousand. Will be looking through my old photo's to see what ive got!

[ 04-02-2006, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: ZENITH ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Until recently I never had a good cam when I was out. I do have a few stories though.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

From my old fly fishing days! A wild brown trout! Laugh at the hair if you want but in 1998 it was all the rage.
 -

And of the fresh water sharks! the first is around 16 the second around 14 I look abit fat 'ere dont I!
 -
 -

And my first 20 1997
 -

And the peg i became obbessed with 19 nights through the winter only produced 2 carp, ok they are only 23 carp in 10 acres. But what a place to set up in the summer!!!!! The Blue post, 96 yard to the gap in the bushes, 139 yars to the edge f the big tree in the top edge of the pic!
 -

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

*has more pics but my host is being a sily bugger!
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Well me and my partner in fishing crime spent yesterday afternoon looking around several lake close to us []
One of them is looking very good and we saw plenty of the pond piggies splashing and crashing; they're on the move at last! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
pond piggies
I've just discovered my new nickname for Wetwang. []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

Bin out a bit this last week to no major avail, as my back is still on the F'ed list. I have to get dropped off on the car park and take my stuff one bit at a time (yes you can imagine tha P*ss taking that has been the result of my actions) Icant realy get on the waters I want at the mo so im on little phooy ones. Though the baits Very Very Very good, Greange Red by mainline (rolled by Kent particals) and the ever faithful Monster Persuit (shelf life never go out without them) doing the biz!

ive had 4 tench to 6lb and 17 carp to 16lb8oz out of Red bridge (its an old mill pond in the middle of an industrial estate [] but it has a pub that backs onto it []

Ive been on the canal once [] and only managed to drag an old bike 10yards in to the edge! [] And people wonder why I spooled up with 18lb Pro clear! (execlent line by the way)

But it's still loody cld up ere Ive only spotted 10 or so fish (that havent been on the end of my line!) up in the water and its raining and bloody windy too.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Monday May 1st, a Bank (public) Holiday will hopefully be my first fishing trip of the year []
10 days and counting []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

quote:
Monday May 1st, a Bank (public) Holiday will hopefully be my first fishing trip of the year
It will be as buissy as hell on armagedon!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

It's ok Z, I'll be taking a big stick with me! []
The baits I intend to use are pellets, sweetcorn, plum boilies (I heard they work on this lake [] ) and maybe some maggots []
How about you young man, any fishing plans? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I need to get out and do some fishing... I haven't had a chance in years... My dad is into flyfishing, but that's too in depth for me...
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

quote:
How about you young man, any fishing plans?
Just been putting the bait in as i've been off-line!

Im thinking about getting some new alarms,I've got the old standard Delkims, ive had them for 7 years now and they are only on there second set of batteries! They are still Sh*t hot! Delkim have som EZ ones out for £60 ish though i wouldnt need the addapters for the remote and trasmitter!

But on a lighter note these are probably the best hooks at the moment!
Get them in a size 8 and 6 in the C887
 -

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

In my neck of the woods, 20lb commons are rather rare. They dont half keep bugging me! [] |

Two 20lb+ commons in a morning taken from a place difficult to cast to due to a nature reserve! 'The Pit' aint half got some good 'uns in there! The long one could go any wieght it wanted if it had a good feed!¬
 -
 -

And another, taken from another water five minutes from my house.
 -

And when It was hot 'The beach' Two more 20' Commons in an afternoon followed a heavy baiting of hemp and tigers.
 -
 -

[ 04-24-2006, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: ZENITH ]

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

In the erly days, hard understocked waters taught me how to catch when everything was right and more importantly getting it right. This carp has olny been out 3 times in the last 8 years [] Yes I did burn my head that day! And it is funny []
 -

When it goes perfectly! A nice common goes back in the shallows! Note the free t-shirt that bait was poor and the tshirt good []
 -

My Pb so far a monster of a Leaney Miror! []
 -

[ 04-24-2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: ZENITH ]

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Well I'm all set for Monday []
Baits to be used are Betaine pellets, sweetcorn, tigernut boilies and a couple of fake grubs that I nicked from one of my lad's toys []
I also have various attractants; worm, mussel and molassus []
I should be on the lakeside by 6.30am []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

I'm sure you could have found a better way to celebrate my birthday, Mr. Wetty, sir.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Tales from the Riverbank (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help