Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  77  78  79 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXV - 25 and Still Alive RFP (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Golden Newt XXV - 25 and Still Alive RFP
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Weather certainly is a tricky little devil isnt it

(This is weeks later but I forgot)
*Dances*

[ 05-20-2006, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Lord Glorfindel ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Buh? No race (of any variety) would get far with me involved.

I like weather... BUT IT'S REFUSING TO SNOW! [] Someone fix it for me, I think it's broken...

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You need the Snow Wizard, Vowels. He can fix it. []

I'd like more snow too - apparently in parts of Scotland they've had 10 inches. Lucky things!

Hello All!

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*yawn*

Well, the relocation is off for now, as my employer has had a change of plans.

I'm getting tired trying to keep up with them. Still, as my beloved wisely pointed out, it's less on my plate given everything else being juggled at present.

The scary thing is that they are considering putting me on another project, and have terrified me with that involving a relocation to Sydney [] [] or, worse still Canberra [] []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well baby, it will be dealt with in due time.
I see the family chat is still alive and well here.
And yes, Welcome to the Newt Stupid!
(anyone willing to put 'stupid' in their username must not mind being called stupid)

Last weekend I had a great hike to the ocean! Of course after 9.2 miles with full backpacks over as varied terrain as I ever hiked, I'm a bit stiff and sore today, but all is good.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I actually made it to work by 7:35 today - and then the friend that I was having dinner with emailed me to say she'd pick me up from work at 5:30. I need new glasses, so it struck me that it would be the perfect day for ......a looooooonng lunch! So I went down to the Market. What a lovely day! Went to the kitchen store, went to Market Optical, went over to the main part of the Market, where a street musician was singing "Good Day Sunshine" - the perfect song for a sunny day! I went by the place we got our picture taken and thought of you guys, 'Dog and Elora and bombers! Well, not too much longer till Elora comes back (although no doubt it seems like a million years to Snowdog)!

bombadil, are you doing Folklife this year?

From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We had three inches of fluffy white stuff when I woke up this morning! It was beautiful -- really thick, heavy show that coated the trees. I made several snowballs and put them in the freezer. Boy Wonder and I use them to plant snow seeds every summer -- well, except last summer, because it hardly snowed all winter last year.

Still haven't heard on Folklife, Miz L -- they should let us know in the next couple of weeks. They may have waited too long -- I have one confirmed paying gig that Friday night and another pending one that Monday here in town. But BW and I will be in the Emerald City this spring and/or summer -- we want to see Pippin in May and we'll be there for STP in July. And then there's Wicked in September! Oh, and I'm taking that class again, and my brother moved from Renton to a place fairly close to yours, and . . .

Hmmm, I suppose I owe you a PM. []

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you back, Snowdog! You too, bombastic bomby!

The Newt is as it should be again. Now if the great Kalkin can somehow find his way back in here, that would be icing on the cake. I hope he is okay.

It's good that you're sore, Snowdog, that means you made your muscles happy.

Evil and fun Elora, I'm not ignoring your pm, and will reply when I can think of things to say. []

[ 03-13-2006, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Morning! See Smoking thread for progress. [] Busy, see you later.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tea... Need tea...

*wander off in a zombie-like state*

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
High Noodies!

Snowy, it is gratifying to see that you have finally learned to place the word "great" before my name. Even a blind squirrel can look a gift horse in the sour grapes, I guess. []

[ 03-14-2006, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Kalkin ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam. He never claimed to be a god. But then, he never claimed not to be a god.

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Sam! *huggles* Don't do this to us!

ROFL, your mixed metaphor is amazing!

[ 03-14-2006, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. Sometimes I even amaze me.
From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm feeling rather chipper today. Good workout on the orbital last night resulting in a good night's sleep. First phone call this a.m. was a headhunter for a major corporation wanting to interview me for a position. The position would definitely be a step up! More $ and a company vehicle. Commute won't be as pretty, but still pretty do-able.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Marcho, as a headhunter myself, be your most alert self. You don't want to swap one frying pan for another, or worse still end up in the fire. Headhunters are biased towards the organisation they work on behalf of... so I recommend doing some of your own independent research on this prospective employer.

You just can't trust those pesky headhunters... []

But do take it as a compliment, as it most certainly is! []

Snow Wizard I simply cannot believe that you are at a loss for words. []

Miz L - yup not long now till I'm back, and maybe I just won't leave. I mean, they can't force me to get back on that plane can they? (do those have the ring of famous last words?)

Anyways, be good to catch up with you again.

SSA - hang in there.

and for my beloved

Snöwdog - come hiking with me, love! So good to see you back! []

[ 03-14-2006, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Elora Starsong ]

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elora Thanks for your concern! I should mention that the contact was based on my submission of a resume to a very well known organization for what I considered a very good job that fits my capabilities and skill set very well. It is at the highest level of management, just before what they consider the 'executive' level, providing me an opportunity to move up. I worked for a firm in support of this organization for 15 years, so have a pretty good idea about the culture and their current situation.

And believe me, that isn't going to stop me from making a few phone calls over the next couple of days!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Marcho, I am not in the least surprised that you're on top of this! Happy hunting yourself, sir, and congrats. []
Nelyafinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5247

posted      Profile for Nelyafinwë   Email Nelyafinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
SSA, I tried to call you today - I left a message on what I think was your answering service but I'm not completely sure I had the right number. Can you let me know?

I'll call you back tonight at around 12:15am your time if that's alright with you?

From: The Green Dragon - forever and always | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I came home today at 4:00! No play rehearsal! It was glorious. And I return to the Newt to find the usual cast of characters active and kicking. It's a great planet.

*soaks in hot tub, Merlot in hand*

Snowy, what's with the press about the people of MS and LA fighting over Katrina relief dollars? Is it really that bad? Don't they realize they need to work together on this?

I've seen the devastation in both areas, and it's like two different disasters. In New Orleans you see the homes and businesses, but you can't inhabit them due to flood damage. In Mississippi, everything's effin' gone -- just cement steps and slabs for miles and miles. It looks like two different problems, but it ain't -- neither is better or worse than the other. So why not work together instead of butting heads?

Or maybe it's another media exaggeration. You tell me.

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Hi ho Newts!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That last post made me crave frozen Ho-Hos.... [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What pray tell are Frozen Ho-hos? Anything like they sound? [] []
[] []

[ 03-15-2006, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: CloudStrife ]

From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Stupid people annoy me... []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

What doesn't annoy you?

Frozen Ho-Ho's...
Take a package of Hostess® Ho-Ho's and put them in the freezer.
later, take them out and eat them. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Bilbo Baggins

Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

So sorry we don't measure up, DQ. Tell me, does anyone measure up?

I'm glad you clarified, dearest heart, as I had no idea what ho-ho's were and in the absence of knowledge was coming up with creative solutions, like little frozen santas.... or little frozen inappropriately friendly indiscriminate women of poor moral fibre... []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » The Golden Newt XXV - 25 and Still Alive RFP (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  77  78  79 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help