Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » best food to go with beer (Page 2)
Author Topic: best food to go with beer
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But Snowy, if you just swallow them whole, how do you taste them? Assuming they taste nice. And don't they kinda wriggle around in your stomach? []
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Boromir

Nobody talks about the Irish, unless they are saying, "Will the defendant please rise."

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's because the Irish invented Guinness. That puts them on a level above normal human beings. They are indeed demi-gods.

E: Forgot to add this. Except when they drink their glorious drink in excess, then, well, things will get a bit out of hand, I guess.

[ 01-24-2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Boromir ]

Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Wicked! Anyway, the Irish live on Guinness, whiskey (as opposed to whisky) and potatoes.

quote:
Thinks she misspelled "convicted"
Silly - that's the Aussies. []
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good one, Kalkin!

SSA - You don't swallow them whole. You chew 'em a few times. They taste good, and they don't wriggle around in your stomach. They're dead.

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Preservatives and additives are da Bomb, baby! How do you think I keep my preternatural good looks and charming personality?
From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

But I thought you ate live oysters?

Kalkin is real good at quoting old jokes, bless him. Hope he doesn't fall over his crutches laughing at his own old jokes. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Aaargh. We're all crossing posts.

Well, having seen your photo....

[]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well they're alive but they can't move, and after you chew them, they're pretty dead after that. []
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Eeww. No, I think I'd need plenty to drink before trying that.
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
That's the whole point, SSA! Drink, eat some, drink some more, eat some more, and do so until you can't go on. I wouldn't mind trying that myself.
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

Mmmmm. oysters and beer! Like them even more when stuffed into a large shot glass along with horseradish, hot sauce and vodka. That's ome good eatin' folks.

SSA

The first sign of someone losing an argument is the resort to ad hominem attacks. []

Besides, the reason I quote old jokes is that you will get them!

*ducks and makes for the door*

Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
More beer!
From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
Keep this up Kalkin, and I don't think you will ever be allowed to get out of suck up mode.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

You can't blame me this time, Kalkin!

What MUR said, more beer!

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone say watermelons?
From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

Snowy

Crap, now what do I do for another scapegoat?

*notices MUR*

Hmmmmmmmmm........... []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

Man, every time you get into trouble you go looking for the Jews.
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

It's either that or the Anabaptists.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

How is an innocent lass like me supposed to keep up with this?

*slaps Sam*

Didn't know you were an Irish Jew, Rupe.

*slaps Rupe as well*

Boro, you're just a stirrer, honey.

Snows, I'm not trying oysters. I just can't bring myself to chew my food to death.

Did that cover everything?

Bet this crosses. []
edit: It did!

edit2: *slaps Snowball - he knows why!*

[ 01-24-2005, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

OW!!!

Not fer nuttin', but you're supposed to swallow them whole. I think that you should join Snowy and I at the Acme Oyster House in Nawlins for some deeeeelicious raw oysters and LOTS of beer.

I'm suprised at Rupe's ethnicity as well. You'd think he'd be funnier.

[ 01-24-2005, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Kalkin ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

But isn't he funnier? []

You're on. You two guys can eat the oysters, and I'll drink the beer.

edit: This thread grew more in the past three hours than in the previous three months! []

[ 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Acme Oyster House, just the place I had in mind. My favorite!

That's where I took EaH to eat her first raw oyster.

You really should chew them, Kalkin.

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

I love that place! The last time I was there for a convention I ate there every day.

First time I went it was because I had read about it (you know, like Ann Rice supposedly show up ther on occasion) and took a bunch of my friends. As you can imagine, we waited forever for a table but it was good. The next day I went back but just ducked in ahead of the groups of people waiting to get in and sat at the marble portion of the bar right in front of the shuckers. So, I order some gumbo and a couple dozen oyster and of course...beer. I told the shucker in front of me to just keep 'em comin'. When I was done the waitress/bartender asked him how many I ate, he gave a number quite a bit smaller than what was actually consumed. Needless to say, he got a good tip. As for chewing, I give them an obligatory bite or two, but if you REALLY have to chew them, they aren't good oysters. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Yeah you're right, when I say chew, I mean the obligatory bite or two. []

Those oyster shuckers are great, and I always tip 'em good. They deserve it. A few years ago, another Acme Oyster House opened up on the lakefront, so now I don't have to go to the Quarter and fight with the tourists to get in, and it's a nice view on the lake.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » best food to go with beer (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help