Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » best food to go with beer (Page 1)
Author Topic: best food to go with beer
Sam Wise the Simple
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4835
posted      Profile for Sam Wise the Simple   Email Sam Wise the Simple   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think its clearly a doner kebab any one disagree?
From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Boiled crawfish, or a fried oyster po-boy! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Wise the Simple
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4835
posted      Profile for Sam Wise the Simple   Email Sam Wise the Simple   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great....
From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Topic: best food to go with beer
More beer.

[ 12-07-2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any bar-b-que!

Burgers, pizza, and chili are all welcome. Please note I said burgers, not sliders, which may be okay after a night of drinking, but not during.

Followed by tortilla chips and Tex-Mex.

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Wise the Simple
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4835
Ah excellent more beer gods gift to man! []
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, beer and food don´t mix. Milk is the only way to go.
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Milk and beer... that's disgusting! Typical Finn! []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frostalf the Cool
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5051
posted      Profile for Frostalf the Cool   Email Frostalf the Cool   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you've been in Mexico, definitely Tortas Ahogadas after a good nice "cruda" (hang over, I think)
From: Guadalajara, Mexico | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love milk, and it's great with lots of foods, especially Oreos, but beer is much better with other foods, especially fried oysters, or boiled crawfish, or any seafood for that matter.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm.....beer! Good with hot dogs and pizza.
From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

I like beer with pizza, but I prefer wine with it.

Now hot dogs, nothing goes better with hot dogs than beer. Yummy!

Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*follows the boys in*

And beer goes very nicely with a proper Ploughman's Lunch - and not the bastardized synthetic rubbish most pubs serve up these days, but good crusty bread, unsalted butter, and pickles, and a selection of first-class mature cheeses. And some proper celery, and a crisp juicy apple.

I'm making myself hungry, and I have a stomach upset as well! []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

I could go for that, minus the butter and replaced with mayo!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Truly, mayo just doesn't go with a Ploughman's. Honest! If you don't want butter, it's just as good without anything.
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck is a "Ploughmans"?

Do I want to know?

*shakes head sadly at the thought of British 'couisine'*

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

A Ploughman's Lunch. Allegedly taken by farmworkers for their midday sustenance. And it consists of the things I listed above. [] Do get your brain into gear, sunshine. []

As you are being so rude about British food, I shall refrain from feeding you when you visit. []

[ 01-24-2005, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

I bet it involves mutton.

Seems like the British are always eating mutton.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

This Brit doesn't like mutton very much. And anyway, sheeps are cuties. []

I like beef and pork and poultry and game. And fish.

Not bad going for a former convinced vegetarian, is it? []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Glad you finally wised up, moonshine. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Doctor's orders, she says, virtuously. []

I'm not sure I could stomach raw oysters though - too squeamish (sp?).

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

Sauron's Anvil Salesman

Mmm...boy that sounds yummy! *snicker* Ah, if only something that good could be had in the Colonies. *guffaw* []

edit: *Thinks she misspelled "convicted".*

Snowy

They do love their sheep, don't they? []

[ 01-24-2005, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: Kalkin ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

You can do it. If EaH could eat them and like them, you could. I suggest dipping them in the cocktail horseradish sauce for your first time, and washing them down with some good beer.
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Kalkin: That's the Irish you are talking about, I do believe.
Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

It's the Welsh that are sheep-shaggers, not the English. []

And you've really done it now - hope you bring supplies of over-sugared, over-salted, over-processed junk with you, as you won't be eating British food. []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » best food to go with beer (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help