Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Singollo's Bartending School (Page 4)
Author Topic: Singollo's Bartending School
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As for Licor 43 + milk... fantastic
With a little vodka it is even better! []

White Russian is Vodka, Kahlua and Milk. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rann Deganis
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4449
posted      Profile for Rann Deganis   Email Rann Deganis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mordor's Worst

1/3 Bacardi Puerto Rican 151 proof rum
1/3 Tequila(recommended w/ worm)
1/5 Jack D. old #7
3 tablespoons of sugar

From: Tennessee | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone want to share their favorite New Year's punch recipe?
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not to ignore your question, Telperína, seeing how I don't imbibe... []

This is a drink I invented during my barkeep days:

White Russian Mafia
2 oz. Stoli Vanilla
1 oz. Amaretto (Di Saronno)
Half-and-half.

Ice in tumbler. Add vodka and Amaretto. Stir gently. Add milk. A couple of quick shakes and strain into a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with cheesy gold necklace (joke). []

Basically it's a White Russian that substitutes Amaretto for Kahlua.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Vëarenen ilnutin nardar."

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Singollo,

Recently Bubbadar (Ok, his brother) has introduced me to a new brand of beverage and I was wondering what you knew about it. It's in a large (sorry, don't know the oz.'s) RED bottle that has kind of a coffin shape to it. It's called "Red Rum" and from what I understand has fruit juices already in it. I tried it straight and it BURNED, but once I mixed it with some pineapple juice (and later a Mt. Dew!) it was really good! YUMMY! What else could I mix it with, or do to it to make it better? I've started raving about it to friends, but nobody is sure what to do with it just yet.
(I'm ashamed to admit it, but I can't hold my alcohol, so even a capfull will put me out [] ....the reason I'm telling you this is because if you have any ideas, then they'll have to be mixed at half, or less strength for me.)

THANKS! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I generally wallow in my own crapulence.
09/21/07/ By Thangail
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Come now, my dear. Everything on MT is supposed to be taken out of context, especially if it's in the Pony... "
2/22/05, by: Silmahtar
Hey! That fairy dust is expensive! Do you know how many fairies I have to grind up just to get a handful?

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arisimi- I'm not sure what it is. I tried to google it but to no avail. []

Is it a rum, a liquor or one of those new trendy "cocktail in a bottle"?

I do know that red rum spelled backwards is murder, so I would be careful when drinking it. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like it much but I don't like hot cinnamony stuff...*stomach hurts* CJ and one of our friends were shooting something called Goldenslauger(sp) it kinda remind me of it but it was clear and had gold flakes in the bottom of the bottle..... []
From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arisimi-

FYI, here's a link to the official Redrum site:

Redrum

If you click on the Lounge section, you'll see all sorts of recipes for drinks, with some rather unfortunate (and funny) names. Some of them indicate a sick sense of humor:

Chucky Juice (shouldn't that be Up-chucky juice??)
Tree Smacker ( a consequence of driving drunk)
Killer Coffee (^see above^)
Jonestown Lemonade (I'm NOT making these up)
Island Ho ( [] )
Dead Man Drinking []
Dead Elvis []

I rarely enter this forum nowadays-occasionally it wobbles and totters like a centrifuge with a very heavy and very unbalanced load. Why IS that?

Perhaps it's all the talk of drinking. []

Nahhhh.... []

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ISLAND HO!!!!!!!!!!

That's me!!!!!! [] [] []

EAH , you thought it was a cinnamon taste? I just thought it was hot (before it was mixed with something) I'm allergic to cinnamon, so trust me, I would've known if it was cinnamon [] ! And about the Goldschlagger (or however it's spelled) Brian has a story for you about that stuff! [] Next time you see him..... [] just say "Bachelor Party"! *evil laugh*

GNA
THANK YOU for finding that site!!! It's quite late so I'll have to visit it tomorrow when I'm off and have time to play and surf.

ISLAND HO!!!!!!!!!

*thinks to herself....I'm going to have to somehow put that in my siggy*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I generally wallow in my own crapulence.
09/21/07/ By Thangail
"Come now, my dear. Everything on MT is supposed to be taken out of context, especially if it's in the Pony... "
2/22/05, by: Silmahtar
Hey! That fairy dust is expensive! Do you know how many fairies I have to grind up just to get a handful?

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tennessee Ho.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
[]

I don't know what you're talking about.......

( [] just for you my dear)

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* unexpected multi-year bump *

Hey, Sthingollo, what is the proper way to serve cognac?

I was under the impression that if everyone is ready for the round, you warm the glass with your hand. However, if something else is going on, like finishing a course or something, the glass should be on a warmer. The warmer could be another glass of warm water or something like this handy little thing:
 -

Does the round always have to be on a warmer?

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Who invents these drinking rules? []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Ah... the old "to warm the cognac or not" controversy.

These days it is considered a no-no to warm cognac in most circles... especially as shown in the picture you posted. I believe the reason is that it dissipates the intensity of the aroma. Over-heating cuts down on the alcohol content as well...

However, you should warm it in your hands. It's one of the reasons for the shape of a cognac snifter. Warming the snifters beforehand is also allowed... with hot water or steam.

There were many spoken and unspoken rules about cognac "back in the day" when cognac was mostly consumed by elderly white men along with a good cigar in men's clubs. These days pop and hip-hop cultures have embraced the virtues of cognac... leading to the major manufacturers dropping the sacred rules in the pursuit of these new markets. It isn't odd to find, say, Remy Martin extolling the taste of mixing *gasp* cognac with ginger-ale... or drinking cognac on the rocks.

[ 04-12-2008, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Got it. [] My cultural leanings are more P. Domingo than P. Diddy, though.

New question: What do you think about absinthe? Last year when I was in Switzerland our host was going to take us to some bar / club / bohemian dive of some sort to drink some but we never got around to it. Is its reputation overstated?

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

It's reputation is overstated... there is a chemical in absinthe that was thought to have caused hallucinations during the wild bohemian time in Paris during the early 20th century. It was popular among artists such as Lautrec, Wilde and Baudelaire which probably helped with its reputation.

Absinthe was banned until about 10-12 years ago... studies show that it doesn't cause hallucinations. Though the original absinthe was of a higher proof compared to other spirits, it is often watered down today.

It's quite fun, if you drink it with the traditional spoon and sugar cube. It makes you feel like you are doing something illegal...

So... drink and be merry! []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The component is callled thujone, and after I drank absinthe one evening I read about it. No hallucinations.

It is a fresh drink though. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Singollo's Bartending School (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help