Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Singollo's Bartending School (Page 3)
Author Topic: Singollo's Bartending School
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dont drink thre green one it tastes like bad cold medicne!
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's one shot a minute, Zenith. I think I could manage that but they are too fruity for my taste. If only I could get someone to mix those for cheap. []
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

posted      Profile for Dancing Sparrow   Author's Homepage   Email Dancing Sparrow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Irish Car Bomb
½ ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
½ ounce Jameson’s Irish whiskey
Drop entire shot into a (16oz) pint half filled with Guinness Stout and shoot

From: Over Yonder *points south* | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
DS- That's just plain scary! []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

posted      Profile for Dancing Sparrow   Author's Homepage   Email Dancing Sparrow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna make them for New Years.... and I'm gonn make Glorfin have one. []
From: Over Yonder *points south* | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*expects pictures of said event* []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

Why of course! []

The White Bull
1 1/2 oz. tequila
1 1/2 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. light cream
-Shake well with ice. Strain into old fashioned glass on ice.

Vampiro
1 1/2 oz. tequila
3 oz. sangrita
3 1/2 oz. grapefruit juice
1/4 tsp. lime juice
-Shake well with ice. Strain into tall 12 oz. glass. Add ice to fill glass to rim. Stir.
Reigning queen of tall tequila drinks in Guadalajara

Dragonfly
1 1/2 oz. gin
3 oz. ginger ale
Stir with ice. Garnish with lime wedge.

Black & Tan
8 oz. Bass (top)
8oz. Guinness (bottom)
-Know how to pour Guinness and use a bar spoon before you attempt

Goodnight Kiss
1 cube sugar
1 dash Angostura bitters
4 oz. champagne
1 splash Campari
Put sugar with one drop of bitters in flute. Add champagne and Campari.

Grand Mimosa
½ oz. Grand Marnier
4 oz. Champagne
Splash orange juice
Pour Grand Marnier into flute. Fill almost to the top with champagne and top off with juice.

[ 12-26-2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Dancing Sparrow ]

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Singy, I'm afraid DS knows where it's at! Irish Car Bombs are the only way to enjoy St. Patty's Day... or any day, really. []

Here's a drink a bartender friend and I invented over lunch and breakups once. Its actual name is profane, but it will fit our same poetic purposes to call this a:

[] Death of Eilinel []

1 shot Absolut vodka
1/4 shot Havana Club dark rum
1/4 shot Chambord
1/4 shot Godiva white creme de cacao
1/4 shot Talea amaretto

Mix these in a shaker with ice. Pour into a big martini glass.

Float Mezcal, and add a drop of Absolut Peppar.

Proper procedure for drinking: As fast as possible. Construct this drink with a little ice in a hurricane glass if you want a sipper, but it's supposed to be fast and unpleasant (but not disgusting, and surprisingly, it isn't).

Note: The only way to drink these properly and avoid a hangover is to use the brands I've posted, though it is a bit expensive, and some are hard to find at bars. The drink still gives its full poetic effect as long as you use decent-quality ingredients, but with the worst blue agave tequila you can find. []

[ 12-27-2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Adulithien ]

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Double post... the Death of Eilinel must stand alone-- it's my baby. Here are a few more, most of which have alternate names. []

Crossing of the Helcaraxe

1/2 shot Ouzo
1/2 shot Rumple Minze
1 shot vodka

Place ice cube in double shot glass. Pour in Ouzo, then vodka, then Rumple Minze. It is normal for the ouzo to turn white when it touches the ice cube.

Melian's Spell

Mix a shot each of 151 rum and ouzo in a double shot glass, and serve straight up.

Gates of Utumno

1/3 shot Sambuca
1/3 shot Jack Daniel's
1/3 shot tequila

Pour each into a shot glass, in the order they are listed, and serve.

And this is last one is the killer from my sadistic bartender friend (also one of my squad bosses on the fire line):

Nan Dungortheb

1/2 shot Triple sec
1/2 shot Bacardi 151 proof rum
1/2 shot Vodka
1/2 shot Gin
1/2 shot Tequila
1/2 shot Bourbon
1/2 shot Scotch
Porter (I recommend Full Sail Imperial or Black Butte Porter)
Stout (I recommend Terminator, Black Lab or Obsidian Stout)

Mix the 5 whites and 2 whiskies in a beer mug. Top of the rest of the mug with half porter and half stout. WARNING: Do NOT attempt to drink this unless you're ZENITH.

[ 12-27-2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Adulithien ]

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

A few more...

Snakebite
8 oz. lager beer
8 oz. hard cider

Sazerac Á La Playboy
¼ tsp. Pernod
1 small sugar cube
2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
1 dash Angostura bitters
water
1 ½ oz. straight rye
Pour Pernod into prechilled glass and roll till the inside is entirely coated. Add sugar, both bitters, and enough cold water to barely cover sugar. Muddle till sugar completely dissolves. Add rye and a large ice cube. Stir then drop in a twisted lemon peel.

The Shoot
1 oz. Scotch
1 oz. dry sherry
1 tsp. Lemon juice
1 tsp. Orange juice
½ tsp. Sugar
Shake well with ice. Strain into prechilled cocktail glass.

Freddy Fudpucker
2 oz. tequila
4 oz. orange juice
Pour tequila and orange juice into 8 oz. highball. Float Galliano.

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

Huh! Up here they call Snakebites Yukon Jack and lime juice. Weird! Is this one of those drink definitions that changes practically between every state?
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

The "Snakebite" that I know is what you said Addie...

quote:
Melian's Spell
Is that Melian used on Thingol? It would make me wander around Nan Elmoth in a daze for an Age! []

I just got some great new drink recipes... I'll be back with them later! []

Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

I know there are a hundred varying recipes for the snakebite in England [] ... I just posted the one I know, but I guess you could call any drink that shoots you through the face a snakebite though. []

Alamo Splash
1 ½ oz. tequila
1 oz. orange juice
½ oz. pineapple juice
1 splash lemon-lime soda
Stir tequila and juices well with cracked ice. Strain over ice into tall collins glass. Top off with soda.

Blackbeard
1 ½ oz. Captain Morgan’s
1 ½ oz. root beer schnapps
cola
Pour root beer and rum into cocktail glass. Top off with cola.
(Is full of yumminess!!)

Angel Face
1 oz. apple brandy
½ oz. apricot brandy
1 oz. gin
Shake well with cracked ice. Strain into prechilled cocktail glass.
(also filled with yumminess)

Grasshopper
¾ oz. white crème de cacao
¾ oz. green crème de menthe
¾ oz. heavy cream
Shake well with ice. Strain into prechilled cocktail glass.

Berry Me In The Sand
1 ½ oz. triple berry vodka (Red Tassel)
½ oz. triple sec
2 oz. orange juice
Stir well with ice. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.

[ 12-28-2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Dancing Sparrow ]

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

Singollo, I can attest to that! Sort of. Those will certainly make you wander around Eugene in a stupor, so I'd imagine that applies to residents of Beleriand as well. []
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Menegroth Martini

Equal parts of:

-Absolut Vanilla
-Bailey's
-Kahlua
-Frangelico
-Espresso coffee

Place in a shaker with ice, shake and strain into a martini glass. []

Let the espresso cool slightly before... or else the ice will melt and the drink become too watery.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I inhaled. That was the point." -Barack Obama

Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those drinks make me drool...

And all I have is cheap white wine []

From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
DS, my goodness!
Are you a drunk or what!!!!!!

Okay! I need your opinion. CJ and I are going to a party on Saturday and we are suppose to bring our own drinks. I want something good and something you can drink alot of.

What do you guys recommend?
I'm not a big drinker anymore, when I drink, it's either beer or VodkaBull.

[ 01-19-2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: EowynatHeart ]

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Milk.
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

[]
I'm sure they will love me when I show up with milk!!!!

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As for milk, you could mix it with Licor 43. You can drink a lot of it, it tastes fantastic (other than Whisky mixed with Coke *shudders*) and can be dosed just as you wish [] . I just don't know whether you can find the stuff somewhere? I think it's from spain, but I'm not sure, but I can get it in Germany in some special stores.

Here it is:

-

[ 01-19-2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

You mean a White Russian!
I think it's some kind of whiskey and milk...No that ain't right!!!
Ohhh I don't know!!!

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

A White Russian is I think Vodka and milk mixes, but I'm really unsure about that. All I know is that it's the favourite drink of "The Dude" in The Big Lebowsky [] Have never tried a White Russian myself though.

As for Licor 43 + milk... fantastic.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

Oh I seen that movie!!!
It was so retarted!!!!!

Well, I still need an idea for a drink to take. Oh and one without alot of ingredients. I'm cheap []

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

I think the Dude's the best character ever... so to shorten your waiting time, some timeless, Shakespearean quotes:

quote:
Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

quote:
The Dude: Walter, ya know, its Smokey, so his foot slipped over the line a little, big deal.
Walter Sobchak: Dude, this is a league game, the winner of this gets to progress into the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
Smokey: Yeah but I wasn't over.
Walter Sobchak: [pulls out a gun] Smokey you are about to enter a world of pain.
Smokey: Yeah but...
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] A world of pain.
Smokey: Dude, could you...
The Dude: Jesus Walter, you bring a ****ing gun bowling?
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who pays attention to the rules any more?
Smokey: Yeah but...
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] You think i'm ****ing around? I'm not ****ing around!
[points gun in Smokey's face]
Walter Sobchak: Mark it zero! ****ing mark it zero.
The Dude: They're calling the cops, man.
Smokey: Alright, its ****ing zero. Are you happy now you crazy ****?
Walter Sobchak: ...Its a league game Smokey...

quote:
Walter Sobchak: ****ing Germans. Nothing changes. ****ing Nazis.
Donny: They were Nazis, Dude?
Walter Sobchak: Oh, come on Donny, they were threatening castration!

quote:
The Dude: Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
 -

They're the best...

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

I remember something about a rug in his house.
Did they steal it or something?

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Singollo's Bartending School (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help