Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Singollo's Bartending School (Page 1)
Author Topic: Singollo's Bartending School
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fellow Citizen's: Here is my attempt to bring back some cocktail culture to the masses. I worked as a bartender while going to college in the States and later here in Sweden.

My goal: To post cocktail recipes here, now and again. I will give some of my own recipes, as well as some old classics! Though I will give them all some Tolkienesque names... []

Please feel free to post your own recipes here, whether serious or in jest! Or to ask any questions concerning cocktails...

Happy cocktailing!

[ 02-11-2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Singollo of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My signature cocktail:

Summertime in Doriath

3 centiliters Vodka
3 centiliters Peachtree (peach liquer)
Cranberry juice
Top with Sour mix (sweet-sour lemon juice)

[ 02-11-2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Singollo of Doriath ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I inhaled. That was the point." -Barack Obama

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Icebreaker of Forochel

3 centiliters dark rum
3 centiliters Kahlua
Coffee
Top with whipping cream
Chocolate sprinkles

Mmmm... guaranteed to warm anyone!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Miriel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2409
posted      Profile for Miriel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bilbo's Baileys Tea

Make black tea of at least double strength. Preheat the cups, pour in a good measure of Baileys, top up with tea, add a healthy dollop of whipped cream (slightly sweetened and vanilla flavoured if so desired), sprinkle with cinnamon. Whilst we're on drinks to warm us.

Great idea, Singollo! []

From: Stuttgart, Germany | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

I like that drink Miriel!

Perhaps, when we have gathered enough recipies, we can publish a cocktail book and call it "The Middle-earth Barguide"! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Weathertop Watermelon Punch

This can be made by crushing wild watermelons that grow around Weathertop, or by using these ingredients:

3 centiliters Amaretto (almond liquer)
3 centiliters Midori (green melon liquer)
-Equal parts pineapple and cranberry juices

Very good and sweet!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gimli's Hearty Winter Warmer

Triple measure hot malt scotch.
Half pint Guiness
An egg

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Haldir's Fun-Free Fancy

Spring Water
A twig
Some grass
One measure of alcohol free vodka

[ 02-12-2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Freyar ]

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

Sorry I like these Songollo  -

Durin's Bane's Brain Burner

Half a bottle of Sambucca
The worm from a Tequilla bottle
Orc Blood
Some more Sambucca

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

I love those Freyar!

I actually think that I've tried that Durin's Bane Brain Burner... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Here is the first recipe for a shot... dedicated to Glóin the dark!

Inside-out Dwarf

3 centiliters Baileys
3 centiliters Martini Bianco
Top off with a little Grenadine for that "bloody" effect!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! My own special drink! I'll have to have a look for those ingredients...
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

A warning: the consistency of the shot is like bloody cottage cheese... I've had customers litteraly turn "inside-out" after taking a shot! The Baileys curdles! []
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! Well then maybe I'll test it on some relatives first... []
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucy Brandybuck
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2328

posted      Profile for Lucy Brandybuck   Email Lucy Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Singollo the Inside-Out Dwarf reminds me of a shot I did (just once, that was enough [] )in college, called a Cement Mixer. I don't remember exactly what was in it...but it was actually two shots. I think one of them was Bailey's. The shots were taken separately and held in the mouth until the mixture curdled...it was without a doubt the most disgusting cocktails I've ever had...and how I wish I could forget!!!

[ 02-24-2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Lucy Brandybuck ]

From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those are some interesting drinks...

Is 3 centileters equivalent to a shot?

30 ml... hmmm sounds like an ounce.

More drinks!

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Lugbúrz- Uhm, I'm not sure of the exact centiliter to ounce ratio, but 4 centiliters is about an ounce and a half (standard shot). I hope that helps...

I'll be back with a new drink shortly!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
25ml=1 floz.
or,
2.5cl=1 floz
or to be really picky,
swap 25 and 2.5 with 28 and 2.8
Hope that makes sense []
And while I'm here,
Wetwangs Winter Warmer

Take one very large glass.
Fill near to top with a rum of one's choice.
Drink and be happy [] .

or as an alternative,

Follow above and add a cherry on a stick and an umbrella [] .

[ 03-01-2003, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about Beregond, but half a pint of gin is not exactly my idea of beer.

As well have some methyl alcohol.

And thanks for the clarifications you two, I had the feeling that a shot was about an ounce, but ounce and a half sounds better. []

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Here's a cocktail that Lúthien used to drink before dancing in the glades of Doriath...

Lúthien's Lemonade

-4 centiliters Jack Daniels
-2 centiliters Cointreau (or cheaper Triple Sec)
-Sprite or 7-up.
-Top with Sour mix(sweet/sour lemon juice).

Mmmm... good!

[ 03-02-2003, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Singollo of Doriath ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lothlorien's land

1 part, Cognac
1 part, Milk
1 part, Bailey's
1 part, Coitreau
Crushed Ice

Built into a wine class, stir and little bit nutmeg to the surface.

Nice light brown colour cognac drink with a fruity touch and lip tingeling after taste.

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

Nice drink Eledhsúle !

Do you think Lúthien would really drink 7up Singollo ?  -

I got one for Bilbo:

Bilbo's special afternoon tea

Some good dahjeeling tea
Irish cream
a shot of brandy
Plenty of sugar!

To be accompanied by a selection of good cakes and buscuits!

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Sure! 7-up was originally made by Fëanor and named after his seven sons. It's in the HoMe volumes... []

Nice drinks everyone! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL!!!@Singy. I HAVE to remember that Fëanor story....
From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Swift Asfaloth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1435

posted      Profile for Swift Asfaloth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Lúthien's Lemonade" sounds particularly good, Singollo, but I think I'll pass on the curdling drinks! I need to get the Lemonade ingredients on my way home from work this evening; the afternoon promises to be quite busy and stressful. Fortunately, though, since I run a research lab, I have access to metric glassware, and no conversions or calculations are necessary. Now where is a clean graduated cylinder that hasn't had anything nasty like phenol in it?

BTW, Singollo, I saw your photo in the "Face" thread and you are a very handsome guy! You're one of the few people that I believe really has done some modeling. It's amazing how many people tell me about their "modeling experience" in RL-do they think I'll believe them because I'm a science geek, or what??? []

From: Calenardhon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Singollo's Bartending School (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help