Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Worst Beer (Page 4)
Author Topic: Worst Beer
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*takes out whip, and walks remorselessly towards Madomir*

You asked for it, sweetie, and I so hate to disappoint people - especially men. [] []

If you aren't a good boy you won't get the trip to the Trip when you visit England - and that's a really nasty threat!

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Madomir

That's a grossly unfair depiction of SSA.

Dominatrixing isn't her main line of work. It is only a second job that she has in order to have enuff money to pay for over-priced swamp water that is marketed as "beer".

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I HATE YOU, SAM!

That was mean!

Right, now it's the high-heeled thigh boots, the mask, and the bull whip.

Ready?

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry. I didn't know you'd get that offended about beer.

As to the rest of your post....

Yes, I'm ready. I just have to get the chicken and the rotating table.

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Kalkin, chapter 3 in the book "S&M for dummies" states that Guinness is actually the beer of choice for dominatrixes worldwide. Apparently it's proven to be a rather effective means of playful torture. []
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

quote:
Apparently it's proven to be a rather effective means of playful torture.
An actual "LOL" over that one. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam. He never claimed to be a god. But then, he never claimed not to be a god.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

*pouts*

*goes to bed*

*sulks*

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Yeah right!

I am off to try and sleep, but I will so get you guys tomorrow!

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Madomir said: "I'm sure some folks will find my choice of worst brew to be nothing short of sacrilegious but I absolutely hate Guinness.. it has all the tastiness of a fine blend of used motor oil and molten roofing tar."
There is a time and a place for a Guinness, and it has to be fresh. There is nothing worse than the stale dregs of a Guinness keg for it truely does fit your description Madomir.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And it so depends on whether the Guinness is canned, bottled or from a keg. The new widgets help a lot, but draft is still far superior to the stuff we normally find in the US.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Guinness is definitely an acquired taste. The first time I had was the tried and true stuff -- in a pub in western Ireland. I nearly fell off my chair it tasted so disgusting. [] And I didn't touch it the entire time I was there.

Though if I recall, I did try a black-and-tan (I know the Irish have another name for this, which I can't remember) which was pretty good. Some months later back in the US, happily ensconced in a city where the Irish bars looked the other way at under-21 drinking, I gave Guinness another go and really grew to love it.

I swear I never had a hangover when I drank Guinness -- provided I stayed away from the Jamison's too... []

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I gave Guinness another go and really grew to love it.

I shall defend the Ruby Red stuff till the end!¬ [] [] []

As it isnt black!

Any one tried Murphy's Stout it's very nice!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, must be draught and is usually an acquired taste is Guinness.

Zenith, I have tried Murphy's Stout - it is scrummy.... but Guinness is like a whole meal in a glass... []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've only had Murphy's from the bottle, but it is pretty good.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

I'm too tired to continue the fight with the boys - but I shan't forget! []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Boys? I only see men... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcuin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5185
posted      Profile for Alcuin   Author's Homepage   Email Alcuin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
“Milwaukee's Best” is pretty bad. My brother-in-law & I used to buy it by the case – US $7 or $8 about 20 years ago – and we called it “Beastie Beer.” “Beastie Beer” is still a family joke: it was rough stuff, and while a decent beer is still potable when you wake up in the morning – and last night’s pizza will do for breakfast, too (Hey! I was a bachelor in those days!) – Beastie Beer was pretty foul and had to be poured out. But not into the plants: my wife caught me killing some wandering vine by pouring night-before Beastie Beer into the potting soil one Saturday morning shortly after we were married.

[ 02-08-2006, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Alcuin ]

From: New England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
posted      Profile for Prince Imrahil   Email Prince Imrahil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Milwaukee's Best (Beast as we call it), "Beast" Ice, Natty Ice, Southpaw. Worst beers I've ever had. There's another, but I can't recall it's name (which is probably for the best).

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses...tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

-Minas Tirith

From: Dor-En-Ernil, Belfalas (by way of VA) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I bet it's Fosters. []
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
posted      Profile for Prince Imrahil   Email Prince Imrahil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So last night I paid for a huge glass of Woodchuck that I had maybe 4 sips of. I had I known it tastes like apple cider, I never would have gotten it, because I hate all things that taste like apples (ironically, I like apples though). It's going on my DON'T DRINK list.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
And last and proudest, Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, kinsman of the lord, with gilded banners bearing his token of the Ship and the Silver Swan, and a company of knights in full harness riding grey horses...tall as lords, grey-eyed, dark-haired, singing as they came.

-Minas Tirith

From: Dor-En-Ernil, Belfalas (by way of VA) | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woodchuck? [] It doesn't taste like apple cider, it is apple cider!

Strange boy. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belthronding
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5113
posted      Profile for Belthronding   Email Belthronding   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
PBR is a classic, but disgusting.

Bud Light, Natural Light, Natural Ice, Miller High Life - gross.

From: Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
quote:
Woodchuck? It doesn't taste like apple cider, it is apple cider!
Either way, it is G-R-O-S-S!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

-Minas Tirith

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just find it odd that a person who doesn't like cider would order a pint of Woodchuck. I mean, I don't like lager, so I.... just don't buy it.

Although those little bottles of Belgian beer you get in twelve packs are nice, particularly with curry. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Prince Imrahil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5425
Had I known, or was told, it was cider, I certainly wouldn't have ordered it (especially when I could have gotten Blue Moon instead). I usually try to get drinks I've never had before when I go out and usually I like them. This was the exception.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

-Minas Tirith

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Worst Beer (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help