Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Worst Beer (Page 2)
Author Topic: Worst Beer
Juree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1420
posted      Profile for Juree   Email Juree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
UGH! I bought a six-pack of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. It tastes like beery cough medicine.
From: Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MANVERU 13
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1987
posted      Profile for MANVERU 13   Author's Homepage   Email MANVERU 13   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ALL NON-ALCOHOLIC

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
From the ashes a fire shall be woken.
A light from the shadows shall spring
Renewed shall be blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be KING

From: GREECE | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Old Tom Bombadil
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1671

posted      Profile for Old Tom Bombadil   Author's Homepage   Email Old Tom Bombadil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody seems to like the beer I like... Narragansett and I'm sticking to it. It's the one beer to drink when you're drinking more than one.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow;
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.

From: The Old Forest | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas the elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 55

posted      Profile for Legolas the elf   Email Legolas the elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll drink any kind of beer pretty much, but Natural Ice is pretty gross. []
From: Wooded hills of Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
BEER beer... in white label can with block black letters.

Someone mentioned buckhorn.. pretty bad.

And as for these microbrews these days... Hofbrau is the worst swill....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Micholob Ultra gets me current vote. Gosh Darn Gee Whilikers! It's terrible! It makes Coors Light taste like stout!

**Marcho shudders at the memories.**

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There is on beer that stands out to me as the worst beer, and I hope I never, ever have to touch the stuff ever again.

Schaeffer's.

Just thinking about it makes my stomach turn, and my head feel like it's going to explode. [] []

[ 10-17-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Snowman of Forochel ]

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anything from a major US brewery... [] Exception: cold Budweiser on a sweltering day at the beach.

What's the similarity between American beer and having sex in a canoe?

Both are f*****g close to water... []

[ 10-17-2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Singollo of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

Go to bed, Singy!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Yes, but (most) American microbrews and sex is really heavy! []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Like Singy is one to say. Did you know Snowy that in Sweden they can´t sell real beer in stores? They can only sell this awful thing called mellanöl, "middle beer" that has about 3,5% alcohol.
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! [] *smacks Kosomot*

The only reason we have the real stuff in special stores is because the Finns kept coming over in the boatloads and drinking up all of our beer. So the government made it more confusing... []

[ 10-18-2003, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: Singollo of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Systembolaget... Strömstad's richest store!
From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gildor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4036

posted      Profile for Gildor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've not had almost any of the beers you guys have named, but I hate Icehouse, I prefer a cold Bud over anything. Or any cheap beer.
From: Well I was born in a small town | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ecthelion of the Fountain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 955
posted      Profile for Ecthelion of the Fountain   Email Ecthelion of the Fountain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
michelob ultra gets my vote, why who the fooking hell decided beer should be low carbs,,, you need carbs to make BEER

im a big fan of local seattle brews pyramid hevawiessen

has had a few of the above mentioned drinks and the spelling is suffering

From: seattle, wa, usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gildor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4036

posted      Profile for Gildor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You can't go wrong with good ole Budweiser when drinkin' with the country folk. Of course, rednecks consider it a premium beer.
That would be me, but redneck refers more white trash, I prefer to be called country and I guess hick works too.
From: Well I was born in a small town | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that almost all major U.S. breweries make awful beer. Except for Pabst Blue Ribbon, the official broke-ass beer of the Northwest. Which I don't think can even technically be called beer.

My vote goes for any double boch. I hate them all.

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grundin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1442
posted      Profile for Grundin   Email Grundin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd throw my vote at Guinness Porter Extra Stout. Looked like tar, tasted like vegemite. Woof!
From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Snowman - I worked at a grocery store when I was young and we had Schaeffer's for our company picnic. And it was warm. []

[ 01-13-2004, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any and all light beer are horrible. I.P.A.'s rule!!!
From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Wise the Simple
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4835
posted      Profile for Sam Wise the Simple   Email Sam Wise the Simple   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
THERE is no such thing as bad BEER except perhaps that non-alcoholic stuff thats just wrong. ps Hi im new
From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Warm beer is definitely wrong!

And welcome to the city, Sam! You must be okay if you're posting in the Perch this early in your stay. []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Wise the Simple
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4835
posted      Profile for Sam Wise the Simple   Email Sam Wise the Simple   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question which is worse a warm beer or no beer at all!! []
From: London | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No beer at all.

I only ever like it chilled out. []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Wise the Simple
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4835
let us not speak of no beer it is a terrifying prospect
[]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Worst Beer (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help