Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Worst Beer (Page 1)
Author Topic: Worst Beer
Juree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1420
posted      Profile for Juree   Email Juree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you believe there is actually such a thing as "bad" beer, what's the worst you ever had? About...well a long time ago when I was 18, I had some Bud Dry. I think they quit making it. I hope they quit making it. Yuck.

Anyone else?

From: Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

posted      Profile for Galion The Tipsy Butler   Email Galion The Tipsy Butler   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Old Milwaukee. Yech!
From: The Castle ...Aaaaaarrrrrg! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Halo Black
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 1436
posted      Profile for Halo Black   Author's Homepage   Email Halo Black   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A pint from a pub just oustside London, I swear it was watered down!
From: Gandalf's sock draw! :D | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
All non-alcoholic beers!
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orome
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 108
posted      Profile for Orome   Author's Homepage   Email Orome   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Guiness
Old Mil is a classic hick beer. Good for drinkingwhen in the country

From: Somewhere east of the brandywine | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

posted      Profile for Galion The Tipsy Butler   Email Galion The Tipsy Butler   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I can't stomach Old Milwaukee. []

You can't go wrong with good ole Budweiser when drinkin' with the country folk. Of course, rednecks consider it a premium beer. []

From: The Castle ...Aaaaaarrrrrg! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orome
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 108
posted      Profile for Orome   Author's Homepage   Email Orome   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The sad thing is thats true.
From: Somewhere east of the brandywine | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erinhue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 47

posted      Profile for erinhue   Author's Homepage   Email erinhue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
some noxious brew called Wild Chief Yuck and I agree on that Old Milwaukee Bad Beer, very bad beer:P

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Erinhue of Belfalas
Warrior/Bard

"Where ever you go, there you are."

From: East of Ground Zero | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

Anyone here remember Old Frothingslosh?
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dont know that one...

but I like San Miguel []

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Palantir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1422
posted      Profile for Tar-Palantir   Email Tar-Palantir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ever heard of Black Label? *shudders*
it was 6 bucks a case; even tasted bad after you got drunk.

my uncles drink Old Swill (aye, they're somewhat red-necked)... at least that doesn't actually taste bad ; just doesn't taste much at all.

From: North Shore | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Old Frothingslosh! I never drank any of it, but my father-in-law has a complete set of the cans!

IPAs are terrible as a class. I had one the other day that I swore I was drinking a wet nap!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

Well, then you'll remember the, uhh...lovely models they used to put on the front of the cans. []

I never drank any either, or met anyone that did. I think people used to collect them for the cans.

Ah, Black Label. I remember running away in fear from that beer.

[ 04-08-2002, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Galion The Tipsy Butler ]

Gilmy
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 571
posted      Profile for Gilmy   Email Gilmy   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
any light beers are bad, yuck, if they water them down much more they could be water! my friends dad had something called mississippi mud once, quite nasty....i think i know where it got its name
From: The Lonely Mountain | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1420
posted      Profile for Juree   Email Juree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh! I'd forgotten about Old Milwaukee. Generally, anything with Milwaukee in the name should be avoided, in my experience.
From: Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1420
Oh, and I generally try to stay away from beer in cans. Bottled beer or draft just tastes soooo much better.
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

*puts down icy-cold bottle of Corona*

Ahh! That it does.

Orome
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 108
By black label do you mean a beer or Johhny Walker?
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

The one word that now brings chills to my body and a wrench in my stomach...

Camo

The absolute worst beer ever made, unless you like drinking the piss from a badger. It even comes in a nifty camoflouge (sp?) packaging!

[ 04-08-2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galion The Tipsy Butler
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1152

Hmmm...

All ready for bringing along on that huntin' trip. Both the guns AND their owners will be loaded. []

Egad! What if you set one of those down. Will you be able to find it?

Juree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1420
Kullervo, that's a good point. I mean non-alcoholic beers...what's the point?
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Buckhorn. 99 cents a six (Yeah, I'm old!). Brown stubbies. You had to pour the ice over them carefully or you might break the bottles.
From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Palantir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1422
posted      Profile for Tar-Palantir   Email Tar-Palantir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Black Label the ... "beer"... (seems almost blasphemous to call it such)

Buckhorn! my grandpa used to drink that; returnables, cheapest stuff in the liquor store.

Ever hear of Wisonsin Premium? 2nd cheapest, it was. Haven't seen it for years (and couldn't be happier about it).

From: North Shore | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gram
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 24

posted      Profile for gram   Email gram   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The worst beer for me is the stuff I had in Italy in the late 70's called Peroni. []

There is some beer in the U.S.A. called Dixie Beer that is not very good, either.

From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

Lawson Creek Red was on sale at Kroger, and since I had never tried it, I bought a six. I don't know what I'm going to do with the other five. I think I'll use it to de-thatch the lawn. I know why it was on sale.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Worst Beer (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help