Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Drunken Logins (Page 9)
Author Topic: Drunken Logins
Roll of Honor Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2884

posted      Profile for Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   Email Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a stamp on my right hand from a place that I've never been to before. . . hmmmmmmm
From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

[ 02-22-2005, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Telperáca ]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm more worried about the mostly healed surgical scar where my left kidney used to be. I don't remember pawning it for booze... []

GNA - The differences in arabic rhythms, how they are used and structured are considerable so I won't go into it here. For the sake of it, the Khandese ones that I'm drawing from arabic music inspiration, will be folkloric ones - lively. Their time will be 8/4, 9/8, and maybe a nice steady 4/4 one thrown in. But, for the slow pieces called taqsim, if there is any rhythm at all, it will be an egyptian zaar rhyth, or ayoub, using a 2/2 trance folkoric rhythm.

Usually, though, the taqsim will be instrumental only. Without the rhythm leading and structuring it, as rhythm is the dominant aspect of traditional arabic compositions, the song soars, floats and ranges widely on drifts of pure melody. So your character, GNA, and her harp will take up the leading role of creating the mood to which the dancer responds from the drummers. It's usually highly emotionally charged, often interpreted as mystical and beautiful, delicate and exotic and always evocative and sometimes fragile.

Oh, and yes that is the short version. The nature of rhythms, their significance to music and the dancer, their origins and cultural meanings, their interpretation, structure and lastly how they stand is an involved and integral part of anyone interested in Middle Eastern music and its dance. You can spend years learning them as drummer or dancer.

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elora- Hmmm, I can see that it will be an interesting challenge to write Fauneryn's harp-playing post. Silmahtar has set the expectations of the Inn. But your information will help, and I think ethereal Elvish themes of nature, spirituality, and love will work well for inspiring the taqsim.
From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
GNA - those themes mirror well themes found in taqsim, though us mortals also tend to weave longing, love and some poignancy into it as well - a fleeting life spent in such a beautiful world is a common theme and one Elves would not touch upon, at least that is how I see it. Often they are evocative pieces of landscape and beauty and very frequently they have a spirituality.

May the harping begin. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the last posts by you all! Snowdog is still figuring out how this is affecting him.

I also like the way we hijacked this thread to be the Snowdog's Inn OOC! []

But I am on subject because I have been drinking Ebeneezer Ales and am getting a good buzz on! []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This stiuff is called tuborg - ad it makes you happy (at least for a while, then you feel like something else). White wine doesn't not he,lp. (yes, an odd sentence). Vodka had its fair share. But mostly tubortg.
From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh, Tuborg used to give me horrible hangovers... It's Danish, right? When I was living in Budapest, it was the cheapest non-Hungarian beer I could find. Hungarian beer is crapola magna.
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Several years ago, there was an extensive ad campaign for Tuborg here in the states. It didn't take too well even when green-bottled beers were all the rage here.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I aam so dunkk! []

Gopodbeeyye wiiife [] Anyone foor a shaggg??/ []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

WEoohoo... that's all I have to say. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Hey wetwank, you got rid of your wife?
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do keep up, Dawg. He murdered her months ago, and the body is busy decomposing in the soggy marshes. []
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I'm late as usual. Thats what I get for leaving the City for other lands for stretches of time.
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes head sadly*

What are we going to do with you?

Oh, it's alright, I won't. Elora would kill me. []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, sure. You been on another jag, ain't that right, Snowdog? [] []
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you people know the word "blootered", which means "very very very very drunk"? I've known it all my life and this is the first time I've ever tried to write it down, and I find that I don't know how it's spelt or if it's a proper word. Now that I come to think of it, it's probably some ordinary word spoken in a bad Scottish accent. Maybe it should be spelt "blutert".

I think I'm blootered. I shouldn't have mixed my drinks. I've had beer and another type of beer and also tea. Now I'm feeling nostalgic after seeing a post of mine in this thread from two years ago where I said how nostalgic I was feeling at seeing my earlier post from the year before. Time flies when you're blootered.

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

posted      Profile for Iarnar the Desert Dog   Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard of Blotto before. He spent most of his time blootered.

-

From: on a horse with no name | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Sure, sure. You been on another jag, ain't that right, Snowdog?
Er, no, but there will be one tonight. May have a drunkin' login from the Bear Creek Ale House later today. I feel a major case of the blues coming on....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Kjartan Fløgelfrikk
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3302
posted      Profile for Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   Author's Homepage   Email Kjartan Fløgelfrikk   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I done done it again! Beer etc. and here i am, on a roll. Gettin ready for some re4d dwarf to be honest. Be back in a couple of weeks, prepare for another login.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I'll drink to that.

From: Sector ZZ plural Z alpha | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Dunno if I'd kill you SSA..... depends on what sort of mischief you were contemplating. Some sorts of mischief are absolutely delicious with Snowdog.... [] [] []

Hey, who's callin' me a jag, eh?

Just foolin' about, prolly makes no sense as I'm partially hammered thanks to arrogant bastar* ale that I brought back with me. Missin my baby and hopin and wishin and dreamin about him....

Can't get too hammered though. Have a job interview tomorrow first thing, and as it heralds my return to the world of corporate mayhem, I suppose I must look like a respectable, presentable Catbert.

I wonders what they want me to do for this job.... how depraved a HR gig shall it be.... will I finally get my dungeon, torture rack and trap door I wonders.... Never thought I'd say it, but I kinda miss my Catbert days.

AH well, just one bottle and then it's a good girl until after the interview. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] [] [] Miss you much dear! [] [] []

You mean you drank that big bottle of Arrogant Basturd all by yourself??? Beforea job interview? Wow... How does Arrogant Basturd rate compared to say... Hair of the Dog Fred? []

And I guess there will be no more drunken logins from the Bear Creek Pub as they were closed down by creditors. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Bilbo Baggins

Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

As I am an arrogant bastard, I thought the ale of the same name was not worthy of me. It should have gotten down upon it's proverbial knees and abased itself before me.

Still, a small part of me admires it's foolhardy lack of respect.

Doesn't pack the same punch as that hairy dog named Fred, but it passes muster...

So, we drank Bear Creek out of existance... [] Still, it will remain in our memories as our place and we have the new adventure of finding a new place to make our own.

[] [] [] Love you much [] [] []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

But where else is ther ea bar where you can post as you drink?
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Not sure if I'm actually drunk, but I've had two very strong beers and not much in the way of food today, so I'm a bit light headed.
From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Drunken Logins (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help