Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Drunken Logins (Page 2)
Author Topic: Drunken Logins
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime buddy! What would you like? How about visitng the Debatable Inn in the Pony? I could serve you from a full bar there.Hope you post here more often.

~Lug

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When I'm drunk, the LAST thing on my mind is computers and chatboards - hence I have managed to avoid the drunken post.

Of course, I have posted drunk on my own power or self-importance or righteousness... but that don't really count now.

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I try to contain myself when posting drunk, though sometimes my comments need editing when I read them with a sober mind.

Lug, why are you hiding now? Just when we got Uncle visible.

From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

It's all this stress. I don't want to be seen lurking here in the dead of night after an enjoyable Friday night, waiting for my computer to spit out waveforms which will most likely be wrong.

[ 04-27-2002, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Lugbúrz ]

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I staggered into the city last night after too many pints (on an empty stomach). But trying to make the journey up the winding road to the higher levels made my head spin even more. So I muttered a few pieces of nonsense before staggering back out (just in time to catch the last train to Belfalas).

(I'm writing this after only a few pints.)

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

And where is this nonsense? And do tell us which train you catch. []
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I vaguely remember spouting a list of films into The Prancing Pony and something about Lothlórien in Current Film Production. As for the train...do you not know that one of the first things King Elessar did after his coronation was to set about getting Gondor a reliable public transport system? I get the express to Dol Amroth.

[ 04-29-2002, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

If you care to remember your history, it might occur to you that I did not live to see that age. I take your comments as a willful attempt to remind me of my doom, and as such in very bad taste.

Good day to you.

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

Sorry about that; a most unfortunate oversight.
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

I would commit drunken logins today if I wasn´t off to a picnic right now. Muhahaha! Okay, maybe I´m a bit drunk already.
Happy labour day´s eve!

From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Kullervo the jobless.
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

Testing...

Testing succesful.

Muhahahaha. Great picnic. I just don´t dare go to bed yet, the room might start spinning, so I´ll be here for a while.

PS I have a job. []

[ 04-30-2002, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Kullervo ]

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

I bet you do. And I'm sure it has something to do with bugging me.

[]

Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

Actually it shouldn´t bug you. I´ll go working on a building site. Though we won´t be rising no Baridors.
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OOOOOkkkaaaaaayyyyyy! I'm am officially blitzed! I stepped on a nail this afternoon and have been downing pain killers for the last eight hours. I'm amazed that the typing is working this well. Must be habit, cause it ain't cause I'm in control!

Had a tetnaus shot within 5 years so that is okay,a dn lots of ice and cold beer have helped the pain and swelling. Take care!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

Cheers Marcho!!!

I came on here once when I was mildly buzzed, ok, pretty buzzed. I couldn't read all the new posts in the literary forum due to my alcohol indused ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) that I always get after a few. In the end I just logged off and called it a night.

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've posted drunk a few times... Mad Uncle Rupert got on my case about it once, but I doubt he knew that I'd been drinking, as I didn't announce it. I'm still coherent in my postings.

I'm usually pretty straightforward in my posts, but I tend to get really preachy after a couple rounds... I've also posted a few times fresh from 12 hours on the fireline... which is a lot like being drunk.

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Wow! 12 hours after fire-fighting. You'd put us out like an oliphaunt squishing a purple emperor. []

Marcho: I hope you're foot has healed. []

Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wow! 12 hours after fire-fighting. You'd put us out like an oliphaunt squishing a purple emperor.
LOL! I can barely move a finger, usually! Scratch my previous comment... It's a lot like being ready to pass out drunk... LOL

I much prefer actual drunkenness, although I don't make it much of a habit. Ironic to say after being a bit tipsy while I posted here earlier! (It's wearing off...)

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

[]

Rereading this thread has reminded me that there was once a time when I thought it was actually worth mentioning that I had logged in drunkish.

That was back in the time when the majority of my posts were made during the early part of the day. I wonder if we should start a thread called "Sober logins", for those of us for whom such an event happens only once in a blue moon...

But I must be drunker than usual at present. I can recognise the signs. Practically every word in this post so far was initially spelt wrongly when I was typing it. My usual posting "censor" (which happily prevents roughly 75% of what I write at MT from ever being submitted) has ceased to function, for otherwise you wouldn't be reading this. And I've started to feel all nostalgic reading through this old thread, which I remember from my first week at this place.
[]

Most of the remaining mistakes in the spelling or grammar in this post should be corrected by this time tomorrow. Anything left over will be an intentional deviation from the rules for stylistic purposes.

Marcho, I really hope that your foot's better by now.

[ 02-18-2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between a newbie posting and a drunk posting... they are both usually in the wrong forum and thread, filled with bad spelling and bad grammar.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I inhaled. That was the point." -Barack Obama

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

Yeah, and the really confusing ones are drunk newbies*.

*checks that he isn't about to post this in All Newbie Questions Answered*

Hey, I think that we could do with an All Drunkards' Questions Answered thread in The Golden Perch. Things can get quite confusing round here after several pints...

*No offense intended to anyone who has registered recently! Unless they're sober...

Edit: I'm really sorry about the inconsistent use of asterisks in this post. I would fix it, but I can't work out what it means any more.

[ 02-24-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Help! thdi weas a night fromn hell...
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Did you know that Drunk Login and Drunk Gloin are just scrambled equivalents?

And so are Drunk Ol' Login and Drunk Singollo?

MT is metamorphosising, threads like these coming back to the front, me being linked to faces behind the pseudonym, games starting in the Reference Material section without me knowing, a great post in the literary section and finally some of my RPs have moved into "active topics"!

I don't think this was a drunken post. I'm always correct. Mostly.

-------------------
"Up from the ashes
Up from the ashes
Up from the ashes of disaster
Grow the roses of success!"

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Let's just change that to Ingollo. []

Lack of scramble practice.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Drunken Logins (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help