Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Beer!!! (Page 5)
Author Topic: Beer!!!
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, kinds of beer on any given day, or on an exceptional weekend, or whatever floats your boat!

[ 01-28-2011, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I rarely drink more than one bottle/pint of the same beer in the same week (except in ordinary pubs, where choice tends to be very restricted).

So in a typical weekend, I'll probably have at least a dozen different types of beer.

On an exceptional weekend, I would tend to lose count. []

[ 01-28-2011, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
With all of that beer sampling you do, you must have a little "grain storage device" just below your chest. []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice list Neytari! There are a few on that list I'd like, but if you're going for something a bit lighter and balanced, give the Avery White Rascal a try. Of the two Mexican beers, I'd go with Dos Equis Ambar. Deschutes Red Chair would be what I would order from ther taplist.

The bottles try Anchor Steam. the transition beer that got me off the mega lagers (Rainier, Bud, Coors), and helped me along to Red Hook. If I was ordering for me, it would be a Grand Teton Bitch Creek, Big Sky Moose Drool,or the hop-head that I am, a Rubicon IPA.

Gloin, had some Racer 5 last July. It was good, but not anybody's arm and/or leg good. []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks [] Oh, I can get samples of the tap beers, btw. They are really nice there. They don't even ask for ID for samples [] I usually try what my bro's buddy tries, but he's a lot more used to the stuff and he likes heavier things and I don't.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... about my above comment on The Bear Republic's Racer 5... had one here in Brisbane at The Scratch, & it was lovely good. But I have fallen for its stablemate: The Bear Republic's Red Rocket!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

What a coincidence! I had my first bottle of Racer 5 last week, and nobody had to lose any limbs for it (not at my instigation, anyway). Great stuff - it was more malty and peppery than I'd anticipated. I've got a couple of bottles of Red Rocket and Hop Rod Rye still waiting to be drunk. Also managed to get my hands on some bottles of Cigar City beer and Founders Breakfast Stout, and lots of other goodies!

[ 03-17-2012, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

The Sherriff
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5427
posted      Profile for The Sherriff   Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a Software Associate in Seattle, I shared this joke..

A man from Moscow and a man from Paris and a man from Seattle were at a bar.

The man from Moscow took a drink of his vodka from a shot glass, tossed the bottle into the air and shot it.

"In Russia, THAT is how we drink!:

The man from Paris took a sip of his wine, tossed the bottle into the air and shot it.

"In France, THAT is how we drink."

The man from Seattle downed his beer
and placed the bottle in the recycling bin.
"In Seattle, THAT's how we drink."

From: The Shire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
he man from Seattle downed his beer
and placed the bottle in the recycling bin.
"In Seattle, THAT's how we drink."

Yeah, that's about right. Zero Waste Initiative and all.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Beer!!! (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help