Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Beer!!! (Page 3)
Author Topic: Beer!!!
HT
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 282
posted      Profile for HT   Email HT   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As a wise man once said, "beer is neither a fruit nor musical".

Give me a rye and ginger ale any day.

Mmmmm.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The lies of Melkor thou shalt unlearn in bitterness. Vala he is, thou saist. Then thou hast sworn in vain, for none of the Valar canst thou overcome now or ever within the halls of Eä, not though Eru whom thou namest had made thee thrice greater than thou art.

From: Cambridge, ON | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
She never did take me up on the offer....

In other Beer news

Snow Wizard will be pleased to know that Miller will brew Fosters in Fort Worth Texas and Albany Georga. Yee Haw.

[ 12-05-2007, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And Redback Wheat Beer by Matilda Bay Brewing wins an award at the Australian International Beer Awards! []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
I treated myself to a few pints of Theakston's Old Peculiar last night.

NOM.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is a Beer which has to be treated with respect!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Sounds good! I'd like to try one. I had some Old Engine Oil from the UK which was pretty good, and I like Old Speckled Hen if I can get it on tap. The bottles here have most likely been lightstruck sometime during its shipping around the world.

[ 03-29-2008, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I plan to order myself a case of Old Engine Oil over the internet in the near future (since I can't get it in any shops around here). Harviestoun is one of my favourite breweries. I got a consignment of their Bitter and Twisted this week.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had a pint of Blackadder yesterday!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I had a pint of Blackadder yesterday!
And what did Whitesnake think of it? []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

He probably thought what I thought, that it was a bit strong, so had to be drunk slowly!

Is pleased that someone has got the analogy! []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got it because I was handed it over personally by its owner (in August last year) []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
I plan to order myself a case of Old Engine Oil over the internet in the near future (since I can't get it in any shops around here). Harviestoun is one of my favourite breweries. I got a consignment of their Bitter and Twisted this week.
Haven't tried the Bitter & Twisted yet, but they do have it in the cooler at my local bottlo. What I did pick up there was several bottles of G.Schneider & Sohn Aventinus wheat dopplebock from the clearance barrel. Its bottle-conditioned so its April 2008 date don't mean much. []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
More Theakston's.
[]
I haven't had any supper, but I don't need any... this beer contains all the major food groups.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] Athene! I had James Squire IPA for dinner the other day!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

On Saturday May 31st, the 2008 International Pub-Crawl is happening! Get your town and pubs on the list, and if you hurry and get then in by the 7th, they will make the official t-shirt!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

....and now the 2009 International Pub Crawl is getting organized!
[]

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bad times for beer?
SPIEGEL PUB QUIZ

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

-
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is some really good stuff. It comes from Mississippi.

-

I've had that Anchor Steam ale and it's excellent.

[ 06-29-2009, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Snowman of Forochel ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

That looks good!

My fav beer of the moment is:

-
 -

Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like Blue Moon.

Is that a Belgian white type ale?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite ever:

-

Either you like its coppery aftertaste or you don't, in which case you should try again until you get used to it! (Or so I was told when I was younger by an elderly belgian [] )

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whaaaat??? Elderly Blegians have a coppery aftertaste. Thanks for the info, Hannibel....I mean "Nash".

*backs away slowly without making any sudden moves*

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti... []
From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Been awhile since Neil poured me a pint of Shoggoth’s Old Peculiar... []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Beer!!! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help