Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Beer!!! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Beer!!!
Luthien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 17
posted      Profile for Luthien   Email Luthien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like beer!
From: Wanderer of Middle Earth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like beer too! []

Beer is good! []

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas the elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 55

posted      Profile for Legolas the elf   Email Legolas the elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say, almost 3 years later after starting this post, I am closer to full blown alcoholic status than I've ever been. []
From: Wooded hills of Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey... you were supposed to go on the wagon! []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luthien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 17
posted      Profile for Luthien   Email Luthien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well Legolas, I felt the same way a few years back. i did seem to get a handle on my lushiness though, and now I enjoy beer. []
From: Wanderer of Middle Earth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow.
I like beer. It helps me unwind,
Sometimes it makes me feel mellow.
(Makes him feel mellow.)
Whiskey's too rough, champagne costs too much,
An' that vodka puts my mouth in gear.
This little refrain should help me explain,
As a matter of fact I like beer.
(He likes beer.)

My wife often frowns when we're out on the town,
An' I'm wearing a suit and a tie.
She's sipping vermouth and she thinks I'm uncouth,
When I yell as the waiter goes by.

Hey, I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow.
(Makes him feel mellow.)
An' that vodka puts my mouth in gear.
This little refrain should help me explain,
(He likes beer.)

Now, last night I dreamed that I passed from the scene,
I went to a place so sublime.
The water was clear and it tasted like beer.
They turned it all into wine.

Hey, I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow.
(Makes him feel mellow.)
An' vodka puts my mouth in gear.
Oh, this little refrain should help me explain,

Yes we like beer.
Yes we like beer.

-Tom C. Hall

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas the elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 55

posted      Profile for Legolas the elf   Email Legolas the elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think beer likes me more than i like it. []
From: Wooded hills of Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

posted      Profile for Iarnar the Desert Dog   Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, I thought there was going to be some information about beer in this thread.

Come on folks, let's raise the bar a little here. Hefeweisen or barley-and-hop beer? Dark or amber? German, Dutch, British, Irish, Finnish, Canadian, or [] American?

Actually, that ain't fair. There are some damn good microbrews coming out of the States. Just avoid anything with the Anheuser-Busch logo, and you're already ahead of the game.

From: on a horse with no name | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas the elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 55

Ialright......i'm drunker than mirkwood's ever seen inyears....and i just want to say that, while being so intoxicated, inebrieted, inflatuated, intcomasdteo, in the sense of my insanity, that Middle=Earth is going to hell, and we should all try and piece it back together as the movies die out.

*cough*

Luthien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 17
quote:
Middle=Earth is going to hell, and we should all try and piece it back together as the movies die out.
Yeah, I hear ya Leggy.... lets beerbath together and hope for days of peace again.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lady of Shadows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prodigal Oldbie

Falernian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4503
posted      Profile for Falernian   Email Falernian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like beer, but I really like Guinness. [] Reminds me of a joke:

The founders of all the big beer companies are all hanging out together after work and they go to the local bar. Mister Coors orders a Coors at the bar, of course. The Budweiser guy orders a Bud, the Miller guy orders a Miller, the Heinekin guy orders a Heinie. But the man who runs Guinness, he orders a Coke.

The other guys all ask him, "How come you're not getting a Guinness?"

Guinness guy tells them, "If you guys aren't gonna have beer, neither am I."

Rimshot!

Preferences: Dark over pale, regular over light (though light tends to be cheaper and therefore someone like myself will sacrifice quality for quantity at times).

Although, when you get right down to it, I'm a woman and can take advantage of "Ladies Night" at the local pubs if I really need to. Whee!

From: In the Deep South of the United States, currently. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

I must be a lightweight, because the only way I can stand a whole lot of Guinness is if I go the "Black and Tan" route.

When I have been drinking beer lately, I've been going with the Wheat Beer. There's a pretty good one they sell at Trader Joe's called "Carmel." I doubt if you can get it outside of California. Do they even have Trader Joe's in any other state?

[ 04-24-2004, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Iarnar, son of Iarlot ]

From: on a horse with no name | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Iarnar, I love Guinness but it is rather filling. I think you have to get use to it. When I first started drinking it, I couldn't finish one but now I can do a whole one and rest a bit and do another.
From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And another, and another........ []
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No I think 2 is all I can handle.

If you want to get me drunk, then just give me liquor. I can drink lots of beer and not feel a thing.

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Falernian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4503
posted      Profile for Falernian   Email Falernian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can down a whole sixpack of Guinness, but only on an empty stomach, because, filling? Er, yeah. In my house (wherever that happens to be), Guinness is also known as "dinner." Hee.

I used to live in New Orleans and there were a couple of bars in the French Quarter where the bartenders knew how to draw the little shamrock in the foam at the top of the glass after pouring you a Guinness. I loved that, it was such a fun little touch.

Actually, I haven't had a black and tan in years, haven't even thought about it, but I loved 'em. Wheat beer? Need to try. I'm very much a "Hey, what's that, lemme try it" kind of person, with beer and everything else. I'm guessing Trader Joe's is a sort of convenience store, like 7-11 or Circle K?

From: In the Deep South of the United States, currently. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lantarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4363
posted      Profile for Lantarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Its poision! So why do you drink it?
From: here | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To escape from people like you...
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lantarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4363
posted      Profile for Lantarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! []
From: here | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aurelia
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4554
posted      Profile for Aurelia   Email Aurelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If beer's good enough for the Hobbits, it should be good enough for anybody. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I live in my own little world, but it's ok. Everybody there knows me.

From: the Eastern Bluegrass | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Did somebody say Guinness? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cervesa...Corona con limón []
From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

quote:

I'm guessing Trader Joe's is a sort of convenience store, like 7-11 or Circle K?

No, Trader Joe's is a grocery store in California that is bigger than a convenience store but smaller than a supermarket. They don't carry many large-brand items. Instead, a lot of the food they sell has their own brand name on it, but it's all "organic" or "natural."

As far as beer goes, I think the most mainstream brands they sell are Grolsch or Moosehead. Otherwise, they carry lots of microbrews and beers you never heard of from Transylvania.

Corona con limon ... []

Falernian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4503
Apparently, there are Trader Joe's all over the place. None in MY state, of course. []

Moosehead. I haven't had or even seen one of those in years. When I lived up north, people made fun of me if I drank it. Corona with lime, that I'll drink, though.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Guinness

Yes SSA, it be said many times.. now if you will just pull up the barstool next to me at the Newt, I'll buy you one... even though you own the place [] :23

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Beer!!! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help