Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 49)
Author Topic: Snöwdog's Inn
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I hate bloody bar-flies!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*tosses Hamfast the fly-swatter*
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Faithfull gaily entered the inn and looked about to see who she might recognize. *
Hello, Mr. Snowy! I understand that this fine establishment has just had another anniversary! I've come to pay my respects and to catch up on all the news. What's happening? []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Ah! m'Lady Faithfull Riverdaughter! You are looking well I have to say! It is good to have your lovely presence here again. Shall I warm some brandy or do you prefer something else? I do have to ask... you haven't found any swords at the bottom of the lake have you?"
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

[] Has someone you know lost a sword, Snowy? Oh, and yes! Brandy would be perfect. It feels like someone flipped a switch, and changed the weather. By the way, you are looking quite well, yourself. I think this cooler weather agrees with you. []
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"No dear Lady of the Lake. I just thought if you did find one, you could emerge above the surface with it and lob it at someone, and they could be the President of the USA. It would be a better way to choose one this time around. []

Here is a warm snifter of brandy for you m'dear."

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
"No dear Lady of the Lake. I just thought if you did find one, you could emerge above the surface with it and lob it at someone, and they could be the President of the USA. It would be a better way to choose one this time around. []

Yes, well - I was berning to do that very thing early-on in the race. []
Thank you for the brandy - It should settle me just right. []

[ 09-22-2016, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: faithfull ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

The door squeaks as it is gently pushed open.

"Hello?"

a soft voice rings into the inn. Snowdog looks over and says,

"Ah, Ladies Camille and Kennerly! I wasn't expecting you so soon! Please come in! It has been long since we had live music here at the old inn!"

They look about and see the house isn't exactly packed, but this was only to be a side show to the Tournament Games in the White City.

"Thank you Sir Dog for your hospitality! We would like to play for our room and board this night, for we are only two poor traveling musicians"

"And it shall be m'ladies! To hear your lovely notes is payment enough."

Snowdog said. The twins wasted no time getting set up, and Snowdog brought them each a glass of dry white wine. They sipped it and found it satisfying, and they tuned and played...

Paint It Black
Don't Fear The Reaper
Smoke On The Water
House Of The Rising Sun
Hotel California
Scarborough Faire

It was soothing to hear the twin harps play....

[ 10-03-2016, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad, but how about a bit of lively Orc music to wake things up? Strange thing, but those Goblins seem to have all the best tunes! Apart from a couple of Dwarf ones, I suppose.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"That gig is tomorrow night. You're a day early."

Snowdog realized that GWAR and AC/DC was going to be there at the downstair stage.... it will be a loud night...

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Thankee for hosting the lovely music, Mr. Snowy - I have always favored the harp, and learning to play that instrument is on my bucket list.

Ladies, your music is as sweet as your dear faces. Best wishes on your careers! []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

The door pushed open and in came a couple wild souls. Snowdog smiled and said,

"Steve! Jenny! Welcome my friends! I hope the old piano is tuned well enough, for I would like to hear a song before you move on."

Jenny, the beautiful niece of the iconic artist Alan Lee, sits at the piano and tries a few bars before nodding. Steve smiles and says,

I was walking through the Old Forest when I saw the best tasting mushrooms. My walk became a journey, and I had a long talk with Old Man Willow. We will sing about it if you bring me an ale and Jenny some fine wine.:

Snowdog tapped the firkin of the red, with its earthy malts, it would be right at home in an old forest. For Jenny, he broke out one of the last bottles that the old Mayor had slipped into his cellar. Snowdog would only open it for someone special, and Jenny is who it is opened for. They then tuned uop their voices and started to play...

Omnia ~ Old Man Tree

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

After the song finished some more traveling minstrels came in. It was a beautiful musical evening evening at the old inn as Trobar de Morte set up and played a beautiful song named Idunn.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

And a new cover by my Harp Twins!

Camille & Kennerly ~ Iron Man

[ 04-19-2017, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

And the two ladies can really make music playing one harp!

1st. North ~ Original song played and sang by Camille & Kennerly

2nd. Metallica's One

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 49)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help