Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 48)
Author Topic: Snöwdog's Inn
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Faithfull's merry green eyes met the blue gaze of Z, who had long been absent, himself.

"New? I guess that depends upon how we look at things. I began to be acquainted with all of you back in 2008, but never did feel entirely comfortable joining in. So, I've kept tabs through the years and lately decided to come join the happy fun. Bombadil first introduced me, but I notice he doesn't visit much, these days. I hope you'll help draw him back." []

Faithfull also began to look for Snowdog, noting that her drink was cold.

"Mr. Hamfast, please do give us a song or a verse. I'd really like it!" []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Right you are my friend. I have one last bottle of this heavy for ya..."

-

"And miss, you let your drink get cold? A sure sign of more drinking to be done and less talkin'"

He poured another glass of the brandy, though somewhat less than last time. Maybe it won't go cold.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

"Thankee, Snowy! This lovely brandy is putting me in the mood to make my annual batch of Tom 'n' Jerry batter! []
Hmmm, since Hamfast doesn't seem to be in the mood for verse, I'll share this clip courtesy of our chronically absent Bombadil. [] Please turn up the speakers on that lovely widescreen, Mr. Snowdog - This is very fun!"

*Faithful grins happily and with a bit of misty wistfulness, as she watches her old friend with his new friends, halfway around the world.* []
Happy Everything

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Yule It's Solstice! To get into the season, here is a great live performance of I Believe In Father Christmas by Greg Lake, with Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson on flute, David Arch on keyboards, Florian Opahle on acoustic guitar, and the church choir.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Thank you, Snowy!
Here's some Tom 'n' Jerry batter. Please share it around to all who grace your inn, and don't forget the nutmeg!

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Tom & Jerry is an old cat and mouse cartoon. They're fine without nutmeg. []

This welcomes the 16th year of this inn... though it didn't open for business until August. It's great to see where those who have once passed through these doors have gone in life. Well done my friends! []

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
Tom & Jerry is an old cat and mouse cartoon. They're fine without nutmeg.
Have you got your glasses on, Snowy? [] Oh, well if you'd rather have Tom 'n' Jerry banter than batter, I can accommodate you. [] Mind, I did put plenty of rum and nutmeg in my own drink. []

Oh, look! I tawt I taw a putty tat - I DID! I DID!

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy new year! That always brings a tear!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Happy New Year Hamfast! I think this woman FateFull here missed you and your tales."
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
I think this woman FateFull here missed you and your tales."
I might have missed him if he'd produced much in the way of tales, recently.

Barkeep, I guess you'll have to serve as entertainment unless you can manage to attract a bit more business. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog tapped himself an Epic Armageddon IPA and lifted it toward fate full before sipping it. He said,

"You're pretty good entertainment."

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
"You're pretty good entertainment."
Grinning mischievously, Faithfull considered what method of payment she would extract from this impudent innkeeper as the price of his entertainment. Mindful that she had invited the repartee, she decided against the frightfully expensive Evermead, in spite of her deep longing for a taste of Summer. She also considered her own generous contributions to the owners and their patrons, and was confident in her standing.

"Well, sir, this entertainer is thirsty for some Arabellan Dry red wine, and a bit of cheese and roast garlic to accompany it. []

Winking at him, and presenting her best smile, she thanked the water sprite who had tipped her off as to the contents of the wine cellar. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Got some decent cheese still, and roasted garlic will accompany the thick juicy sausages that are smoking on the BBQ out back. But as far as wine goes, the lesser years of Old Winyard is all I'm breaking out for the entertainment so far.'

Snowdog said, thinking that because she is nice to look at and makes for good bar decoration that it is worth the top drawer drop.

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

[] "Old Winyards?! My, what a gracious host! I might have to give you a song or two, myself, if that's to be my reward! Thank you, Snowy! Oh and the sausage will be a lovely addition to our festivities! With all of this going on, the rest of the world should be beating a path to your door, good friend!" []

Faithfull reflects on her excellent good fortune, to have been introduced to such lovely people, and wishes that more people knew about this special place. She thinks Snowdog's tactic of a smoky grill is as good advertising as any, and settled herself to wait, while thinking about songs she might be prepared to sing.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Today, the grill has bacon-wrapped prawns on it. []
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm alive!! Hey, I kind of miss this place. Are we all old yet? Or just drunk?
Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
I'm alive!! Hey, I kind of miss this place. Are we all old yet? Or just drunk?
"Boromir! How ya doin'? Still in the military? Or have you finished your tour?? Either way, have a beer my friend!"
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any bacon-warped prawns left? I like them! With a little spice for flavour!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog smiles as he shuts down the big screen. He answers Hamfast...

"We warped a few and are over there, but the bacon-wrapped prawns are all gone."

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Hamfast slipped into a little dream something to do with 3 pints of Doom bar. Doom bar, ha, ha! Anyway, five people equipped with with cameras walked into the bar. Up to the Dawg. ' Now then,' said they. 'We are from Fox. We are showing a reality TV show. And we really want to know what life is like in this famous bar. So, que questions!' Snowdog looked like he was about to throw all the crew out......
Hamfast awoke to see Snowdoggie looking at him strangely.
'Are you all right?' asked he.
'Yes, sure, sorry about that, I think I just slipped of to sleep!'

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Well, I tell ya, I'll allow Megyn "Fox" Kelly in to interview me!"

-

"But as far as reality, you will have to talk to that pretty little barfly that's been hanging around here drinking all my cheap stuff. She is the only one trying to bring reality in here."

Snowdog pours a small glass of Will Whitfoot's finest wine and hands it to Megyn as she gets comfortable. Snowdog pulls up a barstool and has a lovely talk with the Trumptress!

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I think Snowdog's dreaming now!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Dreaming? Nah.... we had a nice discussion about Donald Duck and what it would mean if he became president. It was a bit depressing so we finished the bottle."

Snowdog looked at the Bernie Sanders signs he hung around the place and sighed in wishful thinking.

"The choices of Hillary Bill and Donald Duck doesn't leave much to get excited about. It will be one of those Novembers where one picks who they can't stand the least. The good news is it has identified a lot of the closet racists, bigots, and women haters."

Snowdog sent his caucus choice via Shire Post, so it was a sure bet it would get there.

"Dreaming? yeah. Living in Middle Earth is the ultimate dream."

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

On the other hand, I could write a good political thriller based on someone like Trump becoming President. Or a satirical comedy on his campaign!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Trump's campaign IS a sad satirical comedy. What makes it sadder is the people who support him, both openly and/or in private. It isn't hard to know who they are."

Snowdog made himself a cup of tea and sat down. He looked around to see where that barfly bint went, but she looked quite content. He turned on the big screen and said,

"Now, I think I'll watch Catherine "Elentari" Bray's new movie reviews..."

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 48)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help