Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 47)
Author Topic: Snöwdog's Inn
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Do you not know how I did that?"

Snowdog said with a slyfox smile. He went on,

"Let's just say that there is a certain quality to this place. Ranger 21 and especially Ranger 26 clued me in on a bit of Dunedain lore."

He wasn't about to let her know about the water nymph out back in the swamp. []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hamfast stood up with a start. well, stood up as much as a Hobbit can do. He had an announcement to make. 'Friends, I feel the call of the wild. I want to breathe the fresh air of the wild, feel the mud of the wild beneath my feet, climb the mountains of the wild, climb, er, some more mountains of the wild. I am off to romp the country like the Rangers folk did of yore. Barkeep, Ma-am, I will see you later,' and with that he was off.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Fare thee well Master Hamfast! May your roads be good and your air clean!"

Snowdog took his empty and wiped the bar down.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A few days later, Hamfast returned. With a squelch and his clothes all dripping wet. Strange, as there had been no rain locally. 'I tell you what, those hills are high, muddy and steep. I don't know how those Dunedain managed. Barkeep, I think I'll have a beer. I've had enough of the wild for a while.'
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Winter is coming my friend."

Taps a pale for Hamfast.

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Faithfull makes her way into the inn, arms loaded with fresh apples and the last of her grape harvest.
"Ho Snowdog! Hello, everyone! I've been blessed with an abundant harvest! I'm sure you will all know how to dispose of these. Please, help yourselves.
Snowdog, may I please have a hot brandy? The nip in the air puts me in the mood.
So, Hamfast, how was the wild, fresh air out there? We missed your company."

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

'The wild, um, cold, wet windy, muddy and steep. I suppose that's why they call it the wild! I think I'll stick to civilisation. Such as beer. Thank you!'
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"You're welcome my friend. This inn straddles the line between the wild and what is called civilization."

Snowdog gave a nod to Hamfast as he looked about at the abundance that fatefull had brought in and laid out on the table for all to have. Of course, Snowdog looked at her and tried to determine if he was interested or not. Nah. Maybe if he was really drunk, which he hadn't been in some time. He raised an eyebrow and said,

"Hot brandy? Yeah, I can do that. May you enjoy this my dear lady."

Snowdog took the bottle he kept by the fire in case if a chill north or south hemispheric condition find itself chilling bones.

[ 10-17-2015, 04:35 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Faithfull gratefully accepted the proffered drink and wrapped her hands 'round the snifter. Having toured the grounds and conversed with the water nymph, she now wondered to herself for the umpteenth time why it was that married men felt a need to evaluate all women in terms of their "interest level", and was relieved about Snowdog's decision. Now she could relax into comfortable camaraderie.
Next, she wondered what it would take to get Hamfast to spill his own adventure in the pond out back. "So, Hamfast, did you meet anyone interesting while you were out?"

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Faithfull sipped her brandy and moved toward the fire, winking at Snowdog as she went.
"No? Well, going about in the Wild without a partner to watch your back is a tricky business. Why, even old Tom Bombadil has gotten a surprise or two. I'm just glad you made it safely back to us, Mr Hamfast."

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog sipped his ale as he watched fatal wiggle her way to the fire. He said in a low mumble to himself... 'I get it Thommo. A season of fun I suppose, like my bender with the Princess of Ithilien many years ago. Here's to you my friend.' Snowdog lifted his glass to the east and downed the remains of his ale.

He thought of his own psycho stalker from a decade ago, and could see the parallels were considerable. Crazy as.

[ 10-30-2015, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Faithfull looked around her and then turned to Snowdog.
"I haven't seen the rangers in here at all, lately. Is there mischief afoot, or is some happy business keeping them from us?"

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Well, you know them Rangers. They come and go as they will. hey may be around every waking hour, or you won't see them for months, or even years. Mysterious folk them Rangers."

Snowdog wiped the bar down yet again.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Hello, all! I didn't see much of interest on my travels. A curious fox. Some gulls. About it, really!
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

"Well, Hamfast, no doubt that's for the best. I'm sure your family was relieved to have you safely back at home, again. After all, you're a Gamgee, not a Took or a Brandybuck. How is your family, by the way?"
Faithfull tried hard not to betray her amusement at the hobbit's vague reply, considering his very damp appearance and his exagerated air of aplomb. The subject of Oliphants was large on her mind, and she was considering asking Hamfast to recite Sam Gamgee's poem for general amusement.

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Silently he entered as if he owned the bar....
Walking without a word to the table by the fire, placing his well worn boots upon a stool and stretched out.

"ALE BAR KEEP" He cried and non of that light stuff you keep for those southern fairies.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Z88! Here you go sir!"

-

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

Are a fine full bodied ale exactly what was needed old friend... now what news from bree I hear queen tales on the wind
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

[] ^
quote:
I hear queen tales on the wind
Faithfull giggles to herself as she considers the ironies of auto-select in the digital age.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Aye .... BQ tales at that." []

"I was wanting to tell you that I went fishing on Lake Evendim not long ago. Got enough cut throats for a good dinner over the fire!"

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

"Forgive me my ignorance of your shorthand, Mr. Snowy, but what is meant by, 'BQ'? []
"As to the fish, what a lovely prize! Good for you." []
"Oh, and please introduce me to your friend!" []

[ 11-17-2015, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: faithfull ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Ain't you heard of the BurlyQue woman?"

Snowdog asked questioningly. He looked over at Z and a knowing look was passed. He said,

"And Z, this is Faith Full. Faith Full, meet Z. He's taken out more n00bs here than anyone I know."

Snowdog pours himself a Wee Heavy and takes a sip.

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Faithfull smiles at the men and says,
"Why, no. I know nothing about any BurlyQue people. Are they from the Southron regions, or, East maybe?"
Edging her way a little distance from the fire (which she had been sincerely enjoying), Faithfull found herself wondering what style or form Mr. Z employed when he took out nOObs . . . []

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

A set of piercing blue eyes pinpointed the one guilty of such a dispicable crime.

Though art new here yes?

[ 11-20-2015, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: ZENITH ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

More ale you lightweight southern fairy this ale can't fill it's self snowiest! And where are the locals got too?
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 47)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help