Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 46)
Author Topic: Snöwdog's Inn
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Looks around, admiring the art*
You have a fine eye, Mr. Snowdog. Does your wife help you find and choose the pieces?
*She takes a good swallow, enjoying the cool, dark liquid and noticing what it does on every part of her tongue and cheeks.*
A fine, malty flavor! A little like a good coffee. []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hamfast came back from the toilets and outside chatting to someone having tobacco. 'Has the worldwide tobacco ban on smoking in inns come to Snowdog's yet? Anyway, did I miss anything? Oh, look,someone left a barrel of Feanor's fire! Strong stuff, not to be taken lightly unless you wish to condemn yourself and your sons to enternal damnation. Well, with us mortals it could be only for a lifetime one of the advantages of been mortal!'
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Ah yes, Hamfast, that will set fire to your inner being! I have some hot Buffaly Wings to go with it if you wish."

Snowdog looks at the artwork and says,

"I believe it's all mine, but we trade much artwork on pinterest."

He samples the Young Hobbit's Real Ale from the firken and nods his approval. He smiles at faithfull and says,

"Yes, very nice that is. Only the best for you my dear."

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'I,ll have some butery wings thank you. Mmmmm the Feanor's brew is nice but not quite as fiery as report. I think we mortals have stronger stomachs than those Noldor!'
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Ah yes, but then, reviewers usually like to embellish, and this has aged some, so can't be compared to the fresh product. Turn over of stock is rather slow, so I tend to get the heavies which ages better compared to the crisp brews."

Snowdog considered his choice to have with a cheeseboard, then asked,

"So miss, what do you think of the porter? And, would you guys care to share this with me? There is some Triple Creme Bree, Some Stock Aged Chedder from the Shire, some mild sausage, grapes, apple, cashews, and a fair bit of bread."

Snowdog cut the wheel of bree and put some on a bit of bread., and after eating it, tapped a mellowed Pelargir Pale Ale.

[ 09-16-2015, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
"So miss, what do you think of the porter? And, would you guys care to share this with me? There is some Triple Creme Bree, Some Stock Aged Chedder from the Shire, some mild sausage, grapes, apple, cashews, and a fair bit of bread."
With a flush of pleasure wonders whether Snowdog is a mind reader and replies,
Why, Snowy, I'd love some! Next time I come, I'll bring some roasted garlic to share, and perhaps another one of my specialties. The porter is quite good! With this spread going on, I'll likely need another in short order! [] [] []

[ 09-16-2015, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: faithfull ]

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

*Decides she has no time to mess with adding quotation marks and figuring out other stuff, so respectfully hopes that all will forgive her and runs for her next appointment.* []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog wondered if faithfull realised that in the time it took to write a second post, that they could have figured it out? Maybe not. Smiling as he opened another bottle of the Bridge Road Robust Porte. He poured it fine and set it by faithfull who appeared to be getting much pleasure from the spread. He said,

"If short order is now, it is here. You may want it to warm some, as it develops its flavours a bit."

He sipped his sampler, and said,

"A riddle for you... Do you really have to go to come again? My on-again, off-again bar wench Focmor told me that one some time ago."

Snowdog finished his sampler and drew a bit of the Largebarrel Brewing's Six by Six Dark Red Ale to try with the cheese.. Both were great, and he then said,

"I will be prepared and look forward to whatever specialty you wish to spread upon the table with the roast garlic!"

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
"A riddle for you... Do you really have to go to come again?
"I have it on very good authority that it's possible to come, and come again, continually, especially when an appropriate partner is cooperating..." []
quote:
*Decides she has no time to mess with adding quotation marks and figuring out other stuff
"The porter is doing me good, Mr. Snowy. How is Mr Hamfast enjoying himself? I hope I'm not hogging too much of the barkeep's attention!" []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Ah yes, reminds me of Lili Von Shtupp, who later became Mrs Yellowbeard... She sang here on a one off show... "I've been with thousands of men/again and again/they promise the moon/they're always coming and going and going and coming... and always too soon." I was glad she settled down with Yellowbeard.

Snowdog nods as he watches fatal enjoy the porter and looks to see if the Feanorian afterburner had set in with Hamfast.

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Speaking of appropriate (committed) partners, Mr Snowdog and Mr. Hamfast, what do you look for?"

Sips her porter and and turns her sincere face toward the gentlemen, with just a shadow of pain in her eyes.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Maybe they HAVE gotten to me....."
Bloody double posts

[ 09-21-2015, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Well, I don't have to look, for I have found, or she found me. Maybe the fast hammed one has some insights."

Snowdog smiles as he gets another Robust Porter ready for faithfull. He sipped some of his Eowyn Select Hopmonster IPA (Ithilien Pale Ale) and said to her,

"I'm sure there would be many a fine upstanding Dunedain soldier that would be more than willing to commit to partner with you."

He eyed the tall shadowy grey-cloaked Ranger that had been sitting in the far corner of the Inn as he spoke, and a nod could be seen of the hooded head.

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Well, I'll look forward to getting to know the dunedain. It's always interesting, learning people's views.

Meanwhile, I'm set for the moment, but next time I'm in I might enjoy an Ent draught. Have you any good sources?

Thanks for all your hospitality. You rock!

Faithfull leaves a generous tip and makes her way out, into the night.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog cracks open the Robust Porter and pours it in a glass, watching its chocolaty brown head form.

"Oh well, she was fun while she lasted. Guess she didn't want to hear your opinions Hamfast."

He lifted his glass and took a sip before hanging up a small bit of artwork behind the bar in her honour.

-
'The Faithful Two'

Snowdog looked over at the Ranger, and he said in a low raspy voice,

Yeah, that was what I noticed too"

[ 09-22-2015, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Well, if we are talking about girls, I think this well-known rhyme might fit

You can look high and you can look low
In all the world which you can go
But you won't find any girls finer
than those that abode in the Shire

Very popular where I come from. I think it's the furry feet!

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Yes Hamfast... that Rosie Cotton-Gamgee sure is fine."

Snowdog tunes the TV to catch Elentari's Movie Reviews....

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Faithfull gracefully opens the door to the inn, casting a look behind her. She wonders about the former clientele, and thinks to herself that she must encourage some of her good connections to come visit.

Ho, Snowdog! Here is the roast garlic dish I mentioned. I've also brought some smoked salmon and plenty of Brie cheese from Southron regions. I trust you have some freshly baked breads to spread this feast upon? Oh, and I was wondering if you've seen that ranger - I'm terribly interested in the Dunedain. I don't know what the world would be like without them . . . "

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog looks at the door.

"Ho Lady F! Welcome back! I see you have come with your promised spread! The likes of such have not been seen in Snowdog''s in quite some time!"

He went in back to the Stone Oven and retrieved the loaves and set them out to cool and rest. He came back to the bar and said,

Indeed I do have some fresh bread, baked to the exact recipe of Lady Rosie Gamgee, my favourite hobbit bakeress! This will be such a feast, eh Hamfast?"

He looked over to the shadowy corner, but noted the Ranger was gone. Rest assured he was not too far away. Snowdog said,

"This Inn was started by an old Ranger, but he wasn't too good with people and crowds, so I took over management. His son has been by a few times, but now, a quiet handsome Ranger seems to keep watch around here. I have yet to get a name, but rumour has it he was one of the thirty that rode south to meet Aragorn. He seems to answer to '21'. Of Eastern Dunedain descent it is said, from rugged Rhuadur. If I see him, I'll be sure to say to him that you were interested in meeting him."

Snowdog tries some of the salmon in hopes it isn't overcooked, and it seems well.

[ 09-26-2015, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

"Thanks yourself and well met, Mr. Snowy! With this garlic, I think a nice red wine is in order. What do you recommend without resorting to digging?" []

Faithfull wonders to herself whether Athene ever stops in, or if Athene would appreciate thinly veiled references to a conversation she doesn't understand that deals with some apparently rancid history on the boards. Changing the subject in her head, she looks about the quiet inn and says,

"I know almost nothing of the Rangers. Please fill me in. 'Ranger 21' - seems really terse to use as a name, even if one wishes to be difficult to track. "

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog grabbed the bottle of Dunlanding Port off the bar shelf and poured a glass for the Faithfull Two. He considered pouring a glass for each one.

"Here you go. It's the free stuff."

Snowdog said as he set the bottle back in place. He then turned and winked at the Faithfull Two and said,

"Well, I don't know much myself, but from what Focmor had said about him, Yes, I'm sure he would fill you in. I sent a message by one of the crows to the Forsaken Inn to let him know you were available. He likes to hang out down there too."

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

"Why thank you! Yes, I'm always available for intelligent conversation. By the way, Tinuviel mentioned that you frequently have excellent musicians in here. Who's up next?" []
Faithfull thinks to herself that the Forsaken Inn has a dreary name, and that she hopes it's work that takes rangers there, and not broken hearts.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Burp! Well, it is late!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"A Ranger's business is his own."

Snowdog said. He could only guess why 21 went to the Forsaken. But surely as soon as he gets word that a lass was here inquiring about him, he would be back soon enough. He said to Hamfast.

"Yes... it is getting late."

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

" Well, hello, Mr. Hamfast! It's nice to see you. I must say, though, that it's best to keep a tight reign upon one's private thoughts, in here. Mr. Snowy seems inclined to overlook what is spoken aloud, and rather responds to inward musings. " []
"Mr. Snowy, what enchantment is this? I thought I was wondering to myself in jest when you seemed to be reading my mind, the last time I was here. Now, I know how you managed to lay out some of my favorite foods! What a sly fox you are! I may have to give you a new name." []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 46)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help