Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  47  48  49 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 26)
Author Topic: Snöwdog's Inn
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Adanedhel sat bolt upright and became instantly alert to the sound of gold hitting the floor. looking over he sees edain holding a poor dazed little hobbit by the ankles and taking all his gold! ohhhh dragon gold! this is one rich little hobbit! hopefully that pays for the table Adanedhel chuckled to himself. He watched edain take the booty over to snowdog, while behind him the hobbit and his friends had calmed down considerably, and were throwing dagger gazes at the back of edain. adanedhel smiled and went over to the bar to order some cheese, meat and an ale for Snowdog and Edain so they each could share a tale or two.

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guinevere
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1141

posted      Profile for Guinevere   Author's Homepage   Email Guinevere   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It looks fit fot a queen!(haha I am a queen)Do you have any rooms fit for me?I have extra coins for the inn for you prosperety!treat me well and be thought of high among my rein of elves!
From: California, where else? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As this was happening a Beautiful eleven Queen walked in. An ELVEN queen in this inn? what has become of the world? next we will have all the nobility of Middle earth here! He watched her walk in her grace unmatched through out the land, sh went over to snowdog to ask for a room, a good one at that, she handed over some coins and walked off up to her room. WHOA! That was the best thing i have ever seen! i have seen many elves in my time but none as beautiful, Hail Guinevere the most beutiful elven queen in all of middle earth!
*Adanedhel sits and thinks while lighting up a pipe and blowing smoke rings up into the air*

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog laughed at the way Edain took care of the hobbit, and he stepped over to Guinevere and greeted her with a bow and a kiss on her soft hand.

"Yes dear Lady, we have a good room for you, a newly remodeled one by the dwarves. it is equipped with its own hot springs bath and is quiet. It is yours if you wish it."

Not waiting for an answer, he grabbed toe key for it and offered to show her the room.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

adanedhel chuckled at the way that snowdog started acting when the Queen came in. He watched as Snowdog was nearly tripping over himself to get her too her room, grabbing keys and her arm to led her there. He saw Edain looking shocked at the presence of the visitor, and was just staring at her walk away up the stairs.
Adanedhel laughed and yelled merrily
"Edain get a good look you will never see anything more beautiful in your life"
Edain turned and gave am embaressed smile and bussied himself with some dishes.
'hmmmmm' Adanedhel thought 'time for a nap i think'
He got up wearily and made for his room telling Edain on the way he wants breakfast ready for dawn tomorrow morning!

<FONT SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]
</FONT>

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was quite late when Nenya came down from her room. She walked over to the bar and asked Edian for some bread and cheese and wine. Then she sat down at a table close to the wall and started to study the other people in the room.
"Thank you", she said to Edian when he came with her wine and food. "How is it, am I to late to here the rest of your tale from last night? Or haven't you started yet?"

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Nenya ]

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
posted      Profile for Edain the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Edain the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"My dear Lady," Edain graciously answered Nenya as he placed the bread and cheese in front of her along with the wine.

"I have yet to continue my tale and I thank you for reminding me. If anything, I have been rushed off my feet this last day or so with many comings and goings of this place." He finished with a florish and a smile.

(Edain had recovered his composure after seeing the elven queen Guinevere. Finally )

As he marked the breakfast orders on the slate ready for the morning, he continued with the tale. Stopping to pour drinks for the customers and Nenya. Pausing only briefly to refresh his own throat with a cool ale.

From: UK | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog came down after getting Guinevere situated in her room upstairs. He enjoyed following her upstairs as she knew how to walk stairs!

"Het Edain, she looked nice! How about an ale?"

Snowdog took up his position at the end of the bar and watched the customers. He also smiled at the rebuilt Inn across the Street, and hoped this time they have better business.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
posted      Profile for Edain the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Edain the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Nenya I beg pardon of you for this tale, is distant in my memory, it may take me a while to recall it. Please I do not wish to deny you a story, but at the same time I don't want to spoil your enjoyment."

Edain stood back for a moment as he thought swiftly on what happened next in Hunter's tale.

"Ahh" he said after a moment and a savoured taste of ale, "We travelled west and north, under the guidence of Snowdog to a traders fair. The Trappers He thought they may have seen the villian who had wronged Hunter. After several days travel, we reached it. Snowdog had a scuffle with some 'old friends', and Hunter was abused by several people while me and Snowdog were following a false lead. This dismayed us and we felt shamed for being tricked. After finding a lead, we headed over the Mistys towards the Inn that Hunter had owned. The Mountains where tough and dangerous, but, OUCH!"

But then a bunch of large hobbits led by the table-breaking one attracted Edain's attention by bouncing an apple off his head. With a chorus of foul language and more apples, they caused Edain to leap across the bar and chase them out of the Inn and down the street.

The guest who had seen this could here the sounds of distant hobbit yelps and the sounds of fighting.

From: UK | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Walks in looks at the so called inn laughs and walks out
*picking up Adanedhel by the scruff of his neck in the prosses*

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nenya was a little bit surprised by the Hobbits attack and was staring out in the air while deep in thoughts. She asked a man at the neigbour table why the hobbits was so upset, and she smiled when she heard the answer.
"Well, these hobbits, I think they are cute, but sometimes they are a little bit to much..."

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

'Some how i don't thinks so Zenith' Adanedhe spoke laughing as he did so.
*Adanedhel Wiggles free and whacks him in the face with the flat of his sword, quickly runs away and locks himself in his room*

ArchAngel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 651
posted      Profile for ArchAngel   Email ArchAngel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A man in a long black cloak entered the inn. He walked slowly and steadily to the end of the bar, where he sat. He handed a slip of paper to the bartender, on which it said, 'A cup of water, sir.' With the paper, the cloaked man handed a pouch containing twenty copper coins and a small green jem. Thence came another paper, this one proclaiming 'I hope this can cover the water expence.' The man then drew a long weathered roll of paper from his cloak, on which he began to write.
From: The Valley of Paradise | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Peeking out of his room for any signs of Zenith, Adanedhel sees not a trace of him and walks out feeling good. He goes down into the bar and orders his breakfast from Edain who seems engrossed with a rather attractive young lady at the other end of the bar. He also sees a man in a black robes scribbling away on some parchment and handing it over to Snowdog. After 20 minutes waiting for Edain to get his breakfast Adanedhel yelled
"EDAIN! where's my breakfast? i ordered 20 mintutes ago!"
Edain gave a sour look and a quick apology to the lady and proceeded to get Adanedhel's breakfast.
he threw a bag full of coins to Edain for payment and said
"I'll be on my way soon, back to the north, for some business, so take what ever is needed from the bag and give me back the rest."

Edain nodded some what relived to hear that this some what rowdy man was leaving.
"Thankyou for your hospilitality and i am at yours and Snowdog's service if we ever meet again! And way your ale always be good" politley said Adanedhel, then with a side long look at the other people at the bar, he leaned over and whispered
"also take out whatever that table will cost to repair" Edain nodded and turned back to tallying the cost of Adanedhel's stay.

Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
Hey there Snowdog!

Yes they are nice aren't they!

People. Edain ain't a NPC, it don't mean that you can do what you like with him. I don't mind doin' drinks an stuff, but complete scenes! A little decorum wouldn't go amiss.

Phew! With the dawn of a new day Edain after he had eventually breakfasted everybody and a little more besides with some of the more attractive female custom B) Edain was a little tired.

So he catnapped behind the bar and thought on. Trying to remember what happened next in the Hunter saga.

Nyneve
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 847
posted      Profile for Nyneve   Email Nyneve   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Once again Nyneve entered Snowdog’s Inn and saw that in the short time that she had been gone, not much had changed; even some of the same patrons were seated around the bar waiting for the harried bartender to serve them. No, she chuckled to herself not much has changed; a table in the corner lay smashed and a couple of shame-faced Hobbits were busy picking up the scattered debris under the watchful eye of Focmor. Stepping quietly into the room, she made her way past a couple of occupied tables and seated herself at the bar next to a pretty blonde woman she recognized from before.

“So we meet again Nenya,” she smiled. “Perhaps I will stay here longer this visit and we may have a chance to become acquainted. But where is the bartender Edain? Has he not come down yet this morning?”

Nenya grinned at Nyneve, putting a finger to her lips and pointing behind the bar, “He is taking a bit of a break. Poor guy, he works so hard,” she said quietly.

She stood, leaning forward, peering over the worn wooden bar and gave a low chuckle. There on the floor, resting his head against a spare keg sat a sleeping Edain. “I will let him sleep then and not demand service yet,” Nyneve told her as she sat down again.

From: The Lady of the Lake | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"He works hard for the little pay I give him."
Snowdog said to Nyeve.
"I will be glad to get you a drink though."

Nyneve
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 847
posted      Profile for Nyneve   Email Nyneve   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Startled for a moment for she had not heard his approach, Nyneve leaned back in her chair and looked at Snowdog. “Perhaps you should pay him more than, good help running an Inn is hard to find,” she told him, then smiled when he said he would get her drink. “I will have a hot brandy please, with extra honey, if you have it.”
From: The Lady of the Lake | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
At the mention of his name and the money word, Edain slowly got up. (He had been sleeping with one eye open anyway.)

"Did someone mention me?" he said while stifling a yawn. "Hey Snowdog, my main man! How about some chink-chink, so I can go on my Yuletide break?"
Seeing that there where several pretty women crowded around his boss he nodded to them an' gave Nyneve a wink and a broad smile. "Top o' the marnin' to you, one an' all!"

Seeing that there was no immediate response, Edain continued "Well you don't have cough it all up at once! I'll be serving these customers"

With a florish and a shake, Edain fixed Nyneve her Brandy and honey. Before seeing to any other customers. When he was finished he came back and hunkered down next to Snowdog.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Here... Christmas bonus!"

Snowdog slapped down a small bag of coin for his trustworthy barkeep.

Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
In his best impression of Homer Simpson Edain yelled "Woo-hoo!" at the top of his voice and had a mad dash about the bar. Clutching the hefty bag of gold in his right hand.

He then gave Snowdog a big hug. Then trying to regain the remenants of his English Decorum, Edain returned to his 'Proper' station behind the bar.

Tinúviel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 25
posted      Profile for Tinúviel   Email Tinúviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In the door walks a dark-haired Elven lady dressed in a purple sable dress and cloak. She walked to the bar and running her fingers through her hair she said to the barkeep....

"Pour me a double Ithilien Whiskey straight please!"

From: Doriath | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*The unnoticed, as he liked to be, elf in the dark corner by the bar lifted the hood on his cloak a bit to see the new visitor.*

"Ithilien Whiskey! Hmmmm, interesting. Tis rare to hear a woman make such a request in these parts. I could use just such a strong body to help me on my quest. But Elrond said to find 5..."

*Keeps newcomer in mind and drops his hood once more as he continues to look about the inn, eyeing potential companions while drinking his ale.*

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guinevere
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1141

posted      Profile for Guinevere   Author's Homepage   Email Guinevere   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why hello!I have never been here before! Is there anything I should know? *Studys the room* Quest you say?
From: California, where else? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

A tall stranger walks in wrapped in a huge black robe with the hood drawn. As he walks in with flurries of snow trailing in behind the door. He throws back the hood at the sudden warmth in the room to reveal his dark black hair and shortly cropped beard. As he walked to the bar glimpses of his black and gold armour could be seen and the giant pommel of his two-handed sword jutting out behind his head. He sits himself down and spies Edain counting his money with wide eyes.

'hey snowdog! could i have an ale and some cheese?'

Snowdog got the cheese and ale and took the money,

'Hey haven't you been here before?'
'Yes, just a couple of weeks agon, i left on a journey and now just returned, ready for another' the stranger replied looking up from his ale. Snowdog made a hmpp sound and walked away.
'Stramge barkeeper that one' the stranger thought to himself.
He surveyed the room and noticed a lone elf in the corner, he also was searching the room for something
'i wonder what? i think i'll go have a chat' The stranger mused to himself. He got up and made his way over to the table. When he was half way the elf looked up and eyed him suspicously. Adanedhel (for that was the strangers name) sat next too the elf and asked

'what brings you all the way to Bree friend?

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 26)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  47  48  49 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help