Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  47  48  49 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 25)
Author Topic: Snöwdog's Inn
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
posted      Profile for Edain the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Edain the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Upstairs Edain turned over in his sleep as the hammering continued.

Luckily the Inn was not unattended as the faithful hobbit attendants, administered to all the paying guests needs and their excellent chef skills meant that they where able to cater for the needs of all. (The pantry allowing of course) This wasn't to mean that Edain was incapable of cooking, merely that his cooking was by Hobbit standards, "a little clumsy."

This message has been edited by Edain the Ranger on 10-09-2001 at

From: UK | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reign Holder
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 831
posted      Profile for Reign Holder   Email Reign Holder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Reign Holdër woke to find himself in a painful position in a far corner. Momentarily trying to figure out how he ended up there, he tryed to stand and found that he had a massive head-ache and could remember nothing of the night before except and exceptionally ornate gem. Finally getting to his feat, his usual orange glow begins to come back to him as he pop's his neck and wearily stumbles over to the bar. He nods at Nenya and Neneve and mummbles a half awakened "Good Morn'n."

He then turned to the bartender and resting his pained head in his hands ordered some of that good old fasioned 'Morn'n Beverage' as he likes to call it, (Orange Juice) and some eggs.

This message has been edited by Reign Holder on 10-09-2001 at

From: Retention Pond Waft Plaza | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Oh, I'm fine. It is such a beutiful morning, I've just been for a walk. And I like this place too. I'm actually thinking of staying for some days. Last time I was here I just had time to stay for one night.", Nenya said to Nyneve.

The pancakes was ready and Nenya said that she wanted syrup on hers. And then she said Good morning to Reign Holdër who seemed to have everything but a good morning.

This message has been edited by Nenya on 10-09-2001 at

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 38
posted      Profile for Beren   Email Beren   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Ah yes! the breakfast smells good! Thanks!"

Beren sat down and had coffee and teh food and enjoyed it,

"Its good to see a familiar place still around!"

Beren knew the Flame was still around, but his wife Cuneveil was taking care of it.

From: Northwest USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Then the doors open, and in steps an elf. Greetings and good morning! he says. Lets see, before I get drunk I think I'll have a cheese omlet,bacon,toast,and coffee!
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nyneve
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 847
posted      Profile for Nyneve   Email Nyneve   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Her plate empty, not a crumb left, Nyneve leaned back in her chair, sipping a cup a steaming black coffee. The Inn had a peaceful air about it in the light of morning and she decided to linger awhile. There were some seated around that had not been there during the night, though it appeared to her that the one who rested his head in his hands had spent a long night here, and had yet to recover from it.
From: The Lady of the Lake | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erinhue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 47

posted      Profile for erinhue   Author's Homepage   Email erinhue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dawn's first blush had mellowed into morning and the gentle wind carried the tantalizing scent of bacon and hot coffee.

The Warrior/Bard Erinhue stopped at the rise of a small hill and stuck his nose into the flavorful breeze. His good friend Snowdog had an inn somewhere in this area and the bard considered turning aside from his route.

He stroked the green scaled nose of the dragonharp he held tucked under one arm. The untouched stings whispered a soft chord as the little dragon's jeweled red eyes flashed.

"Yes, I know we are expected elsewhere, but perhaps we'll have more time when we return."

Shaking his head and promising himself that time would surely be found, the bard turned back to the road. "Sure would have liked some of that coffee."

From: East of Ground Zero | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reign Holder
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 831
posted      Profile for Reign Holder   Email Reign Holder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quickly devouring his slightly small, yet scrumptious breakfast. He turns and nods to Gilgalad as he walks in, then rises to his feet, slowly, and feeling like some fresh air, slowly heads towards the door.
From: Retention Pond Waft Plaza | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nyneve
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 847
posted      Profile for Nyneve   Email Nyneve   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nyneve sat sipping her coffee, listening to the quiet talk of the other patrons who were seated in the room. The bartender had yet to make his appearance and the owner was absent as well. She fingered the thick vellum envelope that she had stuffed in her pocket, thinking of the invitation she had received during the night.

A long journey lay ahead of her, and she knew that she was only delaying her departure, but she had felt comfortable at the Inn and part of her longed to stay. She noticed Focmor clearing one of the tables nearby and waved her over, saying to her as she picked up her plates.

“I shall be leaving soon and wish to settle my bill.”

Focmor stood a moment in thought, adding up the charges in her head.

“You used the hot springs?”

“Yes, they were very relaxing.” Nyneve answered, pulling a pouch of coins from her pocket and emptying a few coins into her hand.

“Then I think that this should cover things.” Focmor said as she picked out the needed coins, then winked as she took one more, “And this, just in case I have forgotten anything.”

Nyneve laughed at her boldness and watched as she walked away.

Going to her room, she packed away what little she had and descended the stairs once more. She would remember this Inn and stop again if her journeys brought her this way in the future.

From: The Lady of the Lake | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arvedui
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 16
posted      Profile for Arvedui   Email Arvedui   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Aw, I'm sorry you are leaving Nyneve, but be safe on your travels and maybe see you again."

Arvedui said to her from his barstool.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't Tread on Me!

From: Ice Bay of Forochel | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nyneve
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 847
Nyneve turned at the sound of a familiar voice and smiled, “Fare thee well Arvedui. Our paths have crossed before on the different roads we travel. Who knows, we may well meet again.”

With her small pack slung across her back, Nyneve quietly closed the door to the Inn.

Midus unknown
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 358
posted      Profile for Midus unknown   Email Midus unknown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
::wlaks in:: i'm bored and i want a beer, what the hell goes on in here?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am Midus Dark Unknown Leader of the northern forces, bearer of the sword kentoshi, son of golaras, warrior in the war of the ring, and king of lorien.

From: once i lived in the land of mirkwood but now i travel the world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Midus unknown
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 358
posted      Profile for Midus unknown   Email Midus unknown   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
you guys take to long to reply ::leaves::

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am Midus Dark Unknown Leader of the northern forces, bearer of the sword kentoshi, son of golaras, warrior in the war of the ring, and king of lorien.

From: once i lived in the land of mirkwood but now i travel the world | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nenya finished her breakfast and left for her room. There she picked up a few things that she would need during the day, before she went out.

"See you later", she said to the people in the bar when she passed by.

She walked fast through the village and outside she chosed a little path. She wistled and suddenly a darkgrey horse appeared. The horse greeted Nenya with a low neigh and Nenya said with a smile: "Hi darling, how have you been?" Then Nenya sat up and they disappeared in the wood.

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: Nenya ]

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
posted      Profile for Edain the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Edain the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As the sun rose past midday Edain finally rolled out of bed. His head ached, and he felt stiff due to the oversleeping. Stretching out his soreness and stiff muscles he pottered about. Partaking of his ablutions and attending to his dress.

After sliping on his bucket top boots and his leather jerkin, he slid down the banister to the ground floor. Seeing that the inn was empty he relieved the Hobbit stand ins and attended to the bar. Following the cooking smells he made use of the still warm stove to prepare a swift breakfast of finely cut bacon and, eggs (sunny side up) washed down with some of that strange tea from across the water.

From: UK | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
Still feeling peckish Edain, decided to fry up some mushrooms in a light butter sauce, cracking in an egg to make an omlette. After brewing more tea to take the dryness from his throat Edain, felt replete.

After washing all up Edain tidied around before opening up the windows to clear the stuffy atmostphere.

After achieving a mirror finish on the repaired bar, he hoped that there would be new people in the next few days.

Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

It was already dark when Nenya came back to the village. When she left the horse in the edge of the wood dark clouds covered the sky. And when she walked through the village the rain started. She ran the last way to the Inn, but she was wet anyway when she entered.

She said God Evening to the few people at the tables and in the bar and went too her room to take a shower and change clothes.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Nenya ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog tapped himself an ale and sat at the bar. he wasn't aware he had running water in the rooms, but I guess those dwarves out did themselves on the remodeling!

"Ah! A Fat Tire Ale!"

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Smelling the lovely vapour of breakfast from afar. Adanedhel hurried over to Snowdog's Inn, hell bent on not missing breakfast. On his way in he nearly bowls over Edain the Ranger who just finished opening the windows and polishing the bar, he said good afternoon with a curt bow and hurried on to the bar for some breakfast. Finding the barman having a drink he decided to have one too (just one i might add) and sat down to think about how to pay for it

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As he finished the ale Adanedhel looked over at the barman and said "would you let me pay for this in long bottom leaf? it is the best in all the land and i'll even throw in a pipe!" the barman looked over with a synical smile and said " i don't think so young lad, maybe in gold would be best for all" Adanedhel handed over the gold and was very surly for the rest of the day becasue it had lightened his pouch considerably.
He asked for a room and got a nice room and got one with a shower ' geez those dwarves are getting better and better at building inns!' he unpacked his gear and hung his sword on the bed head. Adanedhel left his room and decide to go doen to the common room to mix with the locals, and maybe get sloshed in the process

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
Edain had to have a stiff two fingers of...

Finest dwarven spirits to recover his wits after nearly been bowled over by a slip of a lad.

Muttering about "youngsters" and "lacking manners", even though he is a little wet behing the ears himself, Edain waved a hey to Snowdog and brewed up some tea for the more temperate of the locals.

After a peaceful interlude, some of the hobbits who overexcited and hyper on the caffine from the tea, started to get rowdy and started chanting "We know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves... ad nausium" at the tops of their childish voices.

To make matters worse, one of the more mischievous of the band started beating out the rhythm on the newly installed hot water pipes...

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Listening to the high childish voices of the hobbits near by, Adanedhel tried to find a quiet corner away from the hyperactive hobbits with Edain hurring around giving them tea making the hobbits even more excited than usual. Adanedhel looked around and took in his surroundings, he saw Snowdog quickly making tea, Edain running around serving it and some small but viosteroius hobbits singing the worst song in Middle Earth. He watched the locals laughing at the hobbits making utter fools of themselves, and jumping and laughing together. He sat down in a remote corner to watch the fun and hopefully not the kind of fun one small hobbit had once had in an inn he had once visited in Bree.......
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

posted      Profile for Gandalf the Grey   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* Taking in the sounds of merrymaking and the comforting aroma of hearty meals cooking drifting on a passing breeze, Gandalf the Grey wishes he had the time now to stop and rest awhile at Snowdog's Inn. He thinks of a few friends who would feel right at home at this Inn, and that maybe on his return to Minas Tirith one or two of them will accompany him here. As it is, there is pressing business to tend to today, and then a journey to undertake to the North East. Reluctantly repositions his staff for a more comfortable grasp and for now, walks on. *
Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Looking out the window, Adanedhel spotted an old man he had once seen but couldn't qiuet pu a name to the face forgetting his troubles he turned back to watch the hobbits laughing and dancing around the table still singing, all of a sudden one jumps up on the table and starts doing a merry jig! Adanedhel burst out laughing and goes to join in. He jups up on the table and then all of a sudden a mighty crack was heard and the table broke under him! The inn went silent, then everyone burst out laughing (with the exception of snowdog, who just sent a piercing glare at the two fools on the floor) and Adanedhel and the hobbit started laughing too. Adanedhel got up, dusted himself off and picked up the sturdy hobbit and set him on his feet 'sorry about that sir' and adanedhel gave a bow, 'quite alright' said the hobbit and went back to dancing with his friends, adanedhel went back to his seat intent on not letting himself be embarrassed again.
Edain the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 147
"Hmm, these Hobbits are gettin' a little too rowdy" Edain disclosed to Snowdog. Snowdog nodded a curt reply.

Seeing that the Hobbits didn't seem to be letting up or offering to pay, Edain strode over to them. Grabbing the culprit by the ankles he turned him downside up and shaking him emptied his pockets of his dragon gold. Somewhat mollified Edain retrieved the cash, and replaced the Hobbit on a chair. Seeing that he was somewhat dazed, Edain roused the Hobbit with a slap to the face.

"There you go, a bash on the Beezer will put you right!" Edain said to guffaws from the other patrons in the inn.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 25)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  47  48  49 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help