Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  47  48  49 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 1)
Author Topic: Snöwdog's Inn
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(WARNING! The thread you are about to read may contain content that may be offensive to some. If you are a sensitive person then you may want to not read this thread. If you choose to read this thread further, do not complain of its content, for you were officially warned.)

After much burnt debris removal and rebuilding, the new inn opened near the west gate of Bree on the site where an inn that will remain nameless was burnt to the ground. Halasían, a Ranger of the north, used much of the gold he had dug out and panned from the upper Hoarwell, and the profits from his trading of wolf furs, herbs, and spices from the south to refurbish this old inn for business. Halasían would try to run a respectable inn, and invite all for a drink and a tale. If things get out of hand... oh well.

Halasían taps himself an ale and leans on the Bar and sips it as the musicians play a soft tune and the music fills the air.

[ 09-29-2005, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hef
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 20
posted      Profile for hef   Email hef   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
...stumbles in through the doors, glinting in the change of light at the surroundings...he likes the tune they're playing so figures a short stay might be on the cards...

------------------
ecce homo...

Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gram
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 24

posted      Profile for gram   Email gram   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, an ale after a long journey and a place to put up my weary feet.

------------------
"She is of the Tuatha De Danaans who are unfading...and I am of the sons of Mil, who are perishable and fade away".
Caeilte

From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinúviel
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 25
posted      Profile for Tinúviel   Email Tinúviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hearing the Music, Tinúviel enters the Inn and takes a seat at the bar and listens intently.

[ 01-28-2005, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Tinúviel ]

From: Doriath | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog gives Tinúviel, hef, and gram a free ale as an opening day / first customers gift. Snowdog Lifts his glass of ale and says " Hail and Weel meet! Everybody enjoy the company and fire. Maybe if we ask nice we can get the Lady Tinúviel to sing us a song?
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A rather intoxicated man stood up from a seat at the bar. "Yes, lets have a song, woman!" he cried. " And I'll have another drink, barkeep!"
Myrdock
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 27
posted      Profile for Myrdock   Email Myrdock   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Myrdock walks into the common-room and heads for the bar. He orders an ale and talks with Snowdog.

"What did you think of Ardeju resurecting you? Unexpected?"

He hopes his question is appropriate.

Tempest
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 31
posted      Profile for Tempest   Email Tempest   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tempest comes waltzing into the room and says hi to everyone. She goes over to Myrdock and taps him on the shoulder.

"Want to dance with me?" she asks.

From: Minas Morgul | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goatleaf
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 29
posted      Profile for Goatleaf   Email Goatleaf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A grouchy-looking Breelander saunters into the inn, though his face brightens considerably as he scans his surroundings.

Harry Goatleaf, gatekeeper of Bree, walks over to the bar to get some food and drink, muttering about his incompetent brothers...

------------------
HARRY GOATLEAF (fl. WR) Man of Bree, keeper of the western gate of Bree. He joined Bill Ferny and his ruffians as a bandit outside Bree during the WR.

--Robert Foster, The Complete Guide to Middle-earth

From: Bree | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luthien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 17
posted      Profile for Luthien   Email Luthien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In walks Lúthien and she waves at Snowdog ...

"Hey there you old fart you!" as she walks up and gives Snowdog a big hug.

From: Wanderer of Middle Earth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hef
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 20
posted      Profile for hef   Email hef   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*starts supping his drink*

mmm, not bad, I might stay for a while....no pool table though....hehe...

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog 'enjoys' the hug from Luthien, and tries to stretch it out as long as he can. He then answers Myrdock before being dragged out to the dance floor by Tempest.
"I and Ardreju worked out the problem that killed me in the first place. Now the Resurrected, younger but still filled with knowledge and still has Ambrocianan's gift will be a real different guy (maybe)."

And the musician started playing a tune on his lyre and the flutist started the lyrical part. He dedicated it to Tempest as she started to dance with Myrdock. The song was 'Hurricane' written by Neil Young.

gram
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 24

posted      Profile for gram   Email gram   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Music and drink and good company. The simple pleasures of life are sometimes the best.

------------------
"She is of the Tuatha De Danaans who are unfading...and I am of the sons of Mil, who are perishable and fade away".
Caeilte

From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hef
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 20
*pulls his latest novel out his pocket and slumps down in the corner with his drink, on his own*

aha, Milton.....Paradise Lost....

------------------
ecce homo...

[This message has been edited by hef (edited 08-23-2000).]

Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Caranthir stood up, and stumbled towards Luthien. "Hello there," he managed to slur out, "Can I buy you a drink, pretty lady?"

[This message has been edited by Caranthir (edited 08-23-2000).]

Myrdock
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 27
posted      Profile for Myrdock   Email Myrdock   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
After a terrific dance with Tempest, they both sit at a table and begin to talk. Moments later, Myrdock leaps atop a table with the announcement, "WE WILL BE TAKING BETS ON THE WINNER OF SURVIVOR! COME ONE, COME ALL!"

But soon afterward he thinks how no one will probably even check this thread until the show is already over.

Elentari
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 18
posted      Profile for Elentari   Author's Homepage   Email Elentari   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by Elentari (edited 08-23-2000).]

From: Bournemouth, Dorset, England | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Rudy or Sue
Sidhann
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 35
posted      Profile for Sidhann   Email Sidhann   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The door blows open, revealing yet another visitor...
"Hmmmm...I bet a lot of you already know the answer! But since I'm West Coast, and haven't cheated, I'll play.

Kelley or Rudy."

From: LA, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

well, I was wrong. Anyway, a song from Lúthien would be a nice treat if we can be nice. Actually a song from Tinúviel would be greatly appreciated as well. Maybe a dance?

Snowdog gets a drink for Sidhann...

[This message has been edited by Snowdog (edited 08-23-2000).]

Myrdock
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 27
"Everyone pay up. You're all wrong."
Shadowfax
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 36
posted      Profile for Shadowfax   Email Shadowfax   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings!

I need a beer or twelve!

------------------
Watch your step!

From: Rohan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog slides 12 pitchers of beer to Shadowfax saying, " Here a beer means a pitcher of beer!"
Goatleaf
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 29
posted      Profile for Goatleaf   Email Goatleaf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Harry looks up from his seat and mumbles.

"Innkeeper! Do you serve wine? And fish, I must know if you serve fish!"

From: Bree | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elentari
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 18
posted      Profile for Elentari   Author's Homepage   Email Elentari   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Suddenly, Elentari rides into the inn on a large black horse singing a dirty sea shanty. Laughter and clapping fills the inn, but Snowdog sighs and tries to hide a smile as he attempts to deal with the situation.

"OK, Elentari-"

"Hey! Snowdog mate!" Elentari attempts to hug Snowdog from her vantage point near the ceiling.

"Yes,ok,fine, stop it, nice to see you too old friend. But WHAT THE F*CK D'YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING RIDING A BLOODY HORSE INTO MY INN?! Look at whats its done on the bearskin mat!Are you insane?!"

Elentari grins lopsidedly and slides off the horse. She turns to the horse

"OK, go outside now horsie! Byeeeeeeeee!"

The horse snorted, wheeled around and crashed out of the inn, cracking one of the doorposts on the way. Snowdog frowned.

"That's some horse."

Elentari grinned and explained it had been a present from a wizard. Snowdog raised one eyebrow. "Well you always were good at riding..."

From: Bournemouth, Dorset, England | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Snöwdog's Inn (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  47  48  49 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help