Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Alcohol + Poetry = Uh oh!
Author Topic: Alcohol + Poetry = Uh oh!
HT
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 282
posted      Profile for HT   Email HT   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't drunk when I wrote this, but I sure wish I could say I was... when it began, it was supposed to be an Ode to Spring. That sentiment lasted about two lines.

Ode To Spring

I think Spring is really nice,
For, you see, the melting ice
Always drowns a lot of mice.
That's why I like Spring.

Other reasons for my joy
Are the rainstorms. Boy oh boy!
Thunder and lightning can destroy.
That's why I like Spring.

If you do not share my views
Then I will get tanked on booze
And stab you till your blood does ooze
'Cause you don't like Spring.

But I'd hate to go that far
Because true-blue friends we are.
Also, I would hate to mar
The beauty of the Spring.

I hope Spring brings you as well
More happiness than words can tell.
Else, I'll send you straight to Hell
Where they don't HAVE Spring.

P.S. I would never perform senseless brutal acts of violence like the one mentioned in the preceding poem. Like so much writing, it is there merely for effect. What a nutball, you're supposed to think. The protagonist in the poem IS quite a nutball, I wrote it that way. I wrote one to Summer, Fall, and a little-known season I like to call Squishblop, but if you thought Ode To Spring was off-putting, whoa golly!!

------------------
Vala he is, thou saist? Get thee gone, thou gore-crow of Mandos! Etc.

From: Cambridge, ON | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miturian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 139
posted      Profile for Miturian   Email Miturian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's god, and kind'a fun

------------------
If you haven't been at the buttom,
and climbed all the way op,
then you don't know what you're standing on.

From: Århus, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 207

posted      Profile for Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   Email Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's a cute poem

------------------
Mens sana in corpore sano.

From: VA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 38
posted      Profile for Beren   Email Beren   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Stagger stagger stagger,
Roll, crawl crawl crawl.
In a daze I take out my dagger
and I throw it at the wall

Guzzle guzzle guzzle,
burp burp burpity.
I really have had it
with self-righteous hypocracy

piss piss piss
felt good to drain my tank
the whore just gave me a kiss
and a cute little butt spank

drink drink drink,
talk talk talk.
why make a stink?
I will just take a walk

From: Northwest USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
very cute very cute!!!!!!!!!
I need the old ale before I begin to spout poetry

------------------
how do you Know you are alive unless you have died?

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Schoon schoon schoon your brew
gently down the throat
take the babe home and
wake up with a goat

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorongil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 792

posted      Profile for Thorongil   Email Thorongil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Alright Snowdog, did you get fired or something? I've noticed quite a rash of random threads on a variety of topics that seem to have been resurfaced by you, after being dead for a number of years... what's the deal, yo? [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
I'm a denizen. Athene said so.

From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HT
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 282
posted      Profile for HT   Email HT   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Three years later, not much has changed. Spring is still nice, and Squishblop is not well known.
From: Cambridge, ON | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Come now, let's have the other three. You know you want to spill it, and you know we're waiting to hear it.
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and Squishblop is not well known.
Is it the short season just before Spring?
It sounds like the sound which the snow is making during that time.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Alright Snowdog, did you get fired or something? I've noticed quite a rash of random threads on a variety of topics that seem to have been resurfaced by you, after being dead for a number of years... what's the deal, yo?
Its what happens when you fire mortar rounds into the dungeon. []

I was out camping once when we drank several beers and burning all kinds of things, and I threw into the campfire this huge wet log (it was definitely a drunken log-in) and thee was a carpenter ant nest in it.. was fun watching them scrambling out their little smoking holes and falling into the flames to explode their boiling guts all over the place.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Alcohol + Poetry = Uh oh!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help