Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Drunk stories (Page 1)
Author Topic: Drunk stories
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I've never been drunk.

However, it's always amusing to hear the stories of others who had a tad too much. I'll have to check with my friends to see if they'll let me tell their tales here.

O.K. then, if it happened to a friend or to yourself, let's hear it. I want a good laugh when I read this!

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin Toker
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 168
posted      Profile for Pippin Toker   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin Toker   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh

Get a life of your own

From: Denmark | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orome
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 108
posted      Profile for Orome   Author's Homepage   Email Orome   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Never been drunk. WTF
How old are you???

as before, get a life

From: Somewhere east of the brandywine | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's usually the kind of response I get from the immature when I mention that I don't drink. I can't let this go unanswered any more. The gauntlet has been thrown down and I have to pick it up.

I don't pass judgement at all on people who DO drink. Why do they feel the need to judge me? This is the kind of peer pressure that forces bad decisions that change people's lives for the worse. Even though this is my opinion, I don't judge people for what I consider mistakes. We all have our faults and how we deal with them determines the course of our lives.

I'm no prude as anyone who knows me can tell you. I'm not even religious. However, it does takes strength to stand by your convictions in the face of mindless criticism. I simply made the decision that I never needed to lose control of my mind with drugs or alcohol. I never felt the need to escape from myself. Besides, I'm proud of the fact that I've stuck to my ideals for my 29 years of life.

Perhaps one day I'll feel differently and decide to experience being drunk one day. I can't see myself making a habit of it though. I pity people who need to drink to unwind, or have a good time, or even to socialize.

There are many other forms of bad habits that people try to get others to try simply to make themselves feel better. Smoking is a classic example. No smoker I know smokes 1 cigarette or pipe-full per week like in LOTR. It becomes a several-times-a-day ritual at least. I have never known a smoker that has been in complete control of their habit. I know these people exist, but they are rare. Most regret their first smoke after learning some wisdom with age.

Well I don't drink, do drugs, OR smoke. I don't need any extra regret in life. Life has enough sorrow without creating more for ourselves.

Does this make me somehow less of a man? Do I need to waste my youth and risk my future to be respected? If there's no battle or war to 'make me a man', must I prove my worth at the bar?

No. And no empty words can change that.

We all live our lives to our own standards. Even though we can disagree, none of us can truly judge another's decisions in life.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarwain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 84
posted      Profile for Iarwain   Email Iarwain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo. [Crowd cheers wildly] Way to sock it to them. Ah the authority of being Vala.
sigh.

------------------
Hey dol merry dol

From: Pembrokeshire | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veldtrunner
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 79
posted      Profile for Veldtrunner   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I must appologize for coming to this topic so late.The board has gotten so big I still haven't had a chance to explore all of it yet.

I echo Iarwain's Bravo !
Believe me, you're not missing anything by never experiencing drunkenness.

I would however submit that one can enjoy the potable as a connoisseur would any other imbibed. The problem arises in the abuse of, not the use of such.

A side note as to smoking: my Great-Grandfather smoked a pipeful on Sundays. He never smoked an other time of week. I agree it's rare, but there can be people who do it.

From: Evanston,IL,USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miturian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 139
posted      Profile for Miturian   Email Miturian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I strongly agree whit White Gold Wielder.
There is no need to be drunk or to accuse those not being it.
I'we only been it once, and it won't surprise me if it'll be the only one the next 10 years from now one.
And to the smoking: My mothers husband smokes one cigar every newyears eve, and every christmas eve, but no other times of the year.

From: Århus, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drake
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 89
posted      Profile for Drake   Email Drake   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I to agree with WGW, I dont drink, smoke or do drugs, 'coz I to don't see the point of it, well done WGW for standing by your choices in life.
Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Guardian
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 188
posted      Profile for The Guardian   Author's Homepage   Email The Guardian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry i was late finding this thread, but i have a good story: my father works with a man who was having a stone chimney installed. When it was half done, he figured it was fair to pay the men half the cost to avoid a lump sum. The head man accpeted this idea, and divied out the pay. This was on Monday, and the worker didnt show up with his men till Wednesday. The owner walks to the van and opens the door, but before he can say anything, the workman says, "Dont say a word. Ive been drunk since the last time i saw ya"
Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orome
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 108
posted      Profile for Orome   Author's Homepage   Email Orome   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK WGW that was a low blow.
You obviously DO think you are better than me because i have been drunk. Sport of the underlings i suppose. I asked how old you were cuz i dont know if you are 12 or 50 ok???? 12 i could understand. 50???
I dont understand why one would never try something before passing judgement on it.
Wow you really managed to get on my nerves.
Kudos you snobby SOB

I do drink on a weekly basis. I don smoke occasionally. I have experimented with various other things some i liked some i didnt.
The point is i made my own decisions.
Im glad yer happy with who you are and Im glad so many were please with your pagelong spew of trash at me.
All i can say is get a life again. In business and in life i cant see you getting anywhere with your closed minded snobby attitude.
Iarwain can sock it to herself
Veldtrunner at least seems to have an open mind
Miturian stop preaching plz
Drake its great if ppl stick by there choices, but not if they feel they have to press those choices on others or if they didnt think about them before commiting

*sigh*

I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN PLACE TO TALK ABOUT TOLKEIN AND ENJOY HIS WRITING TOGETHER.

my mistake to stumble on this page i guess.
i'm sorry but if i see something i disagree with a have to get involved

also PLZ dont take offense to my spewings anyone.

I got defensive because you all took a slap at me. SO LAY OFF.

CAN WE START OVER????

Orome
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!!!

From: Somewhere east of the brandywine | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

I was reacting to two people's criticism of me. And you turn it around and make it seem like I'm picking on you.

If you read what I said carefully, you'll see that I'm not trashing you. I'm just saying that just as I don't have any right to criticize you, you don't have the right to criticize me.

I also tried to explain my reasons behind my ideals so you could see it was a conscious decision and not immaturity on my part.

If you read your first post, you seem to be trying to bait me. If you spew at me first, I reserve the right to retort. We may disagree, but I would never purposely take a jab at someone for no reason like you did.

Sigh all you want, but if you want peace, then why tell me to basically go screw myself when I never said anything against you personally?

Oh, and if we all misread your first post and you didn't mean to sound so harsh, may I suggest a smiley next time?

Orome
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 108
Im done talking about this.
Except to say i dont like smileys or understand them.

p.s. i will i sigh all i want. Thanks.

------------------
Orome
And Justice For All!!!
(all those who deserve it anyway)

Will Whitfoot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 93
posted      Profile for Will Whitfoot   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since this thread is called "Drunk Stories" and nobody's posted one yet.... I will! Ha!

It was 1971, the tail end of the Vietnam War, Michigan lowered the drinking age to 18 from 21 two weeks after my 18th birthday. (Hey, if they can make you go kill people you oughta be able to get loaded first right?) My third drinking experience was a graduation party for an elder grad student in the Geology department. Several of us showed up an hour early to be sure everything was ready (ha, ha) and started in on the keg. There were so many people crowding around that we decided it would be easier to have people sit in the other room and pass cups back to the keg. Unbeknownst to me (as I was too inexperienced to taste the difference) the beer was being spiked with vodka as it was passed back. An hour later, when the party was actually to start and the professors started showing up, I started feeling woozy. I got up and stumbled to the front door where I clung to the doorpost. Up the steps came the senior professor of the department. I let go the door post and waved to him, saying "Hi Doctor Ruotsala!" at which point I fell right across the doorway. He shook his head, and stepped over me muttering "Goddam freshmen that can't hold their liquor!"

P.S. Three years later they raised the drinking age back to 21. I have the distinction of being "one of those people" who demonstrated that 18 year-olds should not be allowed to drink!

Here's to you! Will

From: remove | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, sorry but I haven't a lot of experience either. I don't use to drink very much.

One thing you non-drinking people really miss is a glass of wine during dinner...

Anyway here is my story (maybe not wery funny):

On a party a year ago, one of my freinds try to get me real drunk. He challenged me in drinking most swedish punsch. But he didn't think about that he had had two bottle of wine to drink before and I was sober...
Afterwards he asked me for the door out, which was five meters behind him. And the next day when we came back for cleaning his jacket was still there. And it had been really cold, about -25 C in the night, and he had about 30 min walk home!!!

Cheers!

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
K, here is a funny drunk story

I was about 14 and I had snuck into the liquor cabinet. My mom and dad didn't figure out and i went to school with a hangover. Well, that was also the day I decided to ask the head cheerleader out. I went up to her to say hello and spewed all over her. Then I went into class and was doing a presentation when I spewed again on my teacher and the students in the first row. Well, the day kept going like that, me throwing up at the worst times. I haven't touched the stuff since, cause for the next 4 years, I could never live it down.

(I finally asked her, and she said yes.)

E: (about 5 years too late) I did do that with the head cheerleader, although I lied about my age, not drinking ever again, and so on, because I was young and afraid of the "your how old and drinking?!" due to my misunderstanding of what other people would think. And I wanted to sound older.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Boromir on 02-16-2001 at </font>

[ 06-23-2006, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Boromir ]

Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Boromir! At least when I was 14 and drank Mad Dog with a friend out in the football field I ralfed in the grass, killing it for the next week. I had my youth where I drank rather heavy and smoked much reef, and partook in other illegal substances, but fortunatly I live through those days and now I enjoy a good ale on a rare occasion, un-like Snowdog the character.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!!!!, At least my character can hold his liquor way better than I did, and I am in fact still going out with that chearleader, so there.
Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyann
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 285
posted      Profile for Tyann   Author's Homepage   Email Tyann   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go for not drinking! I personally won't drink anything that even smells of alcohol, simply because I HATE the taste of it. Especially whisky. *yeeech. >_<*
I'm not trying to be some kind of *holier than though* type of person, but have any of you ever seen a person who is rip-roarin' drunk? I mean staggering around, puking in your car, picking fights with phone booths DRUNK? It ain't pretty. And anyone who wants that kind of lifestyle is, in my book, incredibly STUPID!

------------------
"I am a hobbit in all but size."
(I'm serious!)

From: Grass Valley, OR USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miturian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 139
posted      Profile for Miturian   Email Miturian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey pal, be carefull, you risk starting a discussion which is dead, and better should continue beeing it.

------------------
If you haven't been at the buttom,
and climbed all the way op,
then you don't know what you're standing on.

From: Århus, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I gotta laugh! You'll love this story, it is about Wizard and Gandalf! Their full names were Radagast the Brown and Gandalf the Gray. And they were my cats.

I was duty officer the night before, which pretty much means I got a couple of cat naps, but had been up for over 40 hours. I got home, took a shower and fell into bed at about 9 in the evening. I heard a crash downstairs. 'Is there anything down there worth getting out of bed for? Nope!'

I woke the next morning and opened the bedroom door. Normally Gandalf and Wizard are waiting outside, they stroll in and circle the room and leave again. Nobody there today! I called for them.

'Wizard, Gandalf, where are you?'

'Meow' A brown face popped around the top of the stairs and Wizard started walking down the hallway toward me, sideways!

I was a bit perplexed, but picked her (yeah, her! I know!) up and headed downstairs to find Gandalf. He was pulling himself across the living room carpet by his front paws, dragging his body behind him.

"Gandalf! What's wrong?"

I dropped Wizard and picked him up looking squarely into his eyes, looking for pupil (sp?) dialation thinking maybe he had broken his back. (yeah, I know! You should do that to spinal injuries!) I got a whiff of his breath.

'Whoa! You're drunk!'

Upon investigation, I discovered that the cats had gotten into a cupboard (above the stove mind you!) and pushed out a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream. It had smashed into the sink, hence the noise I heard the night before. Fortunately, most of the stuff ran down the drain, but they had nasty hangovers. I'm not sure, but Gandalf was never quite the same afterwards!

------------------
Marcho Blackwood
#16 Brookshade Close
Bindbale, North Farthing
The Shire

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 207

posted      Profile for Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   Email Lady Eowyn of Ithilien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, thanks for making me laugh Marcho!

------------------
Cogito ergo sum.

From: VA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Menahem
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 323
posted      Profile for Menahem   Email Menahem   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I DO drink,though god knows I should have given up long ago,and smoke,though like all good smokers fight constantly to give it up.
I have so many drunk stories about myself and my mates-but most are embarassing and so must remain hidden...deep in the pits of Moria.
I greatly admire non-drinkers and non-smokers
but unfortunatly these are the national passtimes in Scotland(and that,sad to say,is no joke).

From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krusten
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 388
posted      Profile for Krusten   Author's Homepage   Email Krusten   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As I work as a bartender in Brugge (Belgium, Europe) and as we have in Belgium (as you should all know *grin*) very good beers, we do once in the two months a special beer party. It must be said, very amusing! Especially when you hear their stories the following week about what they still know (or don't know anymore). Actually, in my case, it's been 3/4 months ago since the last time that I was drunk. My girlfrien doesn't like me that way
From: Brugge, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 370
posted      Profile for Natasha   Email Natasha   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't drink.. I don't smoke.. and I don't do drugs... My teeth are sparkling white, my lungs are clean all those beautiful things you have when you don't do those things.

------------------
"Smile it makes people wonder what your up too ;)"

From: United States, Fl | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinelwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 261

posted      Profile for Tinelwen   Email Tinelwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been drunk...but I have some GREAT stories about drunk people I've met.

------------------
"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." -Goethe

From: neither here nor there | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Golden Perch » Drunk stories (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help