profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Fury of the Desert : A Word Aside
Author Topic: The Fury of the Desert : A Word Aside
Zirith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11256

posted      Profile for Zirith   Email Zirith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is my first RP in Minas Tirith, so I dont know if this is such a good story or not. So, the background of the story is:

A thousand years have passed since the Ring was destroyed and Sauron was vanquished. The kingdom of Arnor has been rebuilt in the North, with its capital established once again at Fornost. The Elves have all left Middle Earth, and only the kingdoms of Men and Dwarves remain. All goes on peacefully, but unknown to Men, the Haradrim have now a new Sultan, and have prepared vast armies to conquer Middle Earth...

I dont know if such a RP has been created before, but I thought that it would be fun to play as Haradrim and conquer Middle Earth. Please give me your views on this story.

[P.S
Please dont use Elves as your character, they've already left! And yes, the Haradrim have become really strong, and have strange beasts on their side too [] ]

From: In the Ruins of the Palace of Aurilosse | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a good RP story basis to me. I'll give it some thought and comment more later when I'm not at work. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Please dont use Elves as your character, they've already left!
Not all...
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if they don't want elves in their story, that's cool.

Zirith... with 1000 years passed since the war of the ring, you will have to lay out the setting as to what all has and/or has not evolved as far as technology, and the sucession of the throne of Gondor/Arnor, etc. I myself have some ideas about it, and I have a character that could possibly fit in... a mercenary sort employed by Gondor... I would just like to have some more background and back story here before committing to it.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The threadmaster creates his own reality, and if he says that the Elves have left, then they have. In my reality, my Elven character has not left - but in his, she has, so she won't appear.

Would there be Hobbits around, or have they all retreated into oblivion?

And would this story mostly be centered around war and conquest? I'm more interested in less violent storylines ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zirith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11256

posted      Profile for Zirith   Email Zirith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no, that's just the general background. This one's not violent or anything. Actualy I have an idea on my mind.
A 'Fellowship of the East', you might say, sent to capture an artifact of power, to secure a stronghold for the Eastern army. I was at first thinking of Mordor, but it seems a little too, sort of.. easy.
A place near Harondor or Ithilien maybe.
Also I feel that this time, instead of Arnor, Gondor should fall [] . So, any ideas about the place and/or artifact?

And yes Varnafindë, Hobbits still do remain. In fact, they now control a large part of the Northern lands. Talking of the new tech. evolved Snowdog, I havent rightly decided. Any suggestions?

From: In the Ruins of the Palace of Aurilosse | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I am to play in this RP, I'd like to play a Hobbit.
A Hobbit lady, preferably, but I suppose I could play a male if you need those most.
I'll wait to hear more about first, though, I think ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Fury of the Desert : A Word Aside
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help