Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Spirit of Fire - A Word Aside (Page 5)
Author Topic: Spirit of Fire - A Word Aside
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elu - thanks!

Varna - if you want to play Nolofinwë, that would be fantastic. We really do need him in the Quartet, as in some ways he's Fëanáro's nemesis, and certainly the reason for a great deal of his anger. Arafinwë would never provoke him to go as far as Nolofinwë does. Personally, I loathe him, but that's just me. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Double post, but I was re-reading this thread this morning, and I was wondering who people think should meet Fëanor where he is right now. I realized that it was left open to several choices.

Finwë could find him, Nerdanel could find him, Mahtan could find him, or even Indis could find him. Each of these would be equally interesting in their own way.

I'm almost leaning towards having it be Mahtan or Indis. I think it would be best to have Fëanor meet Indis through Mahtan. Varna, you're Mahtan, right? What kind of relationship do you see them having? (Fëanor and Mahtan, I mean.)

Indis would also be very interesting, especially as at this point he doesn't realize that Indis is in love with his father...

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Personally, I loathe him, but that's just me.
I don't know him well enough to like him or loathe him yet, so I have some more reading up to do ...
Silmarillion of course, and I believe there's something in Shibboleth - where else should I look?

I was waiting for Nerdanel to talk to Mahtan, actually (a month ago - Inc', where are you? [] ), to ask him about Mandos' decision (she's young and asks innocently ...). I thought she would meet Fëanor later than that. And that Mahtan doesn't know Fëanor at all yet.

Of those four that you mention, I think only Finwë is ready to meet him. If Eluchil is ready to play Finwë, that is []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

I believe that The Silmarillion and The Shibboleth of Fëanor are the best places, although certainly he's mentioned in other places as well. I also started a thread on it up in the lits. []

Make sure you read Footnote #33 to the Shibboleth, it's important re: Nolofinwë's character.

If Fëanáro needs to talk to Finwë first, I'm in no hurry - I'm sure Elu will get around to it when he has time and I'm not going to rush him. I just thought that it might be interesting for Fëanor at some point to meet Indis before it's obvious she's going to marry his father. When he wouldn't necessarily have anything against her. But if that's impossible, it's impossible.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But if that's impossible, it's impossible.
It's only impossible right now, it may well be possible before Finwë meets Indis.

If Inc' posts soon, perhaps Nerdanel and Mahtan can do their talking and Nerdanel can find Fëanaro after that, before Finwë finds him - I don't see a need to wait for Finwë to arrive, if Eluchil needs more time before he can play him (I don't know how far he has got with that other project of his either, and we don't want to rush anything).

How would Mahtan know Indis, btw? I didn't think he did at this time - is there some way he could meet her (some time after he has talked to his daughter)?
Perhaps his wife knows her? []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Possibly. We'll see what happens.

I've brought Fëanáro into the Lost Inn now, so that should cool my burning desire to play him, so I can be patient.

BTW, except for the hair (my Fëanáro has far shorter hair...easier when you're working with fire [] ), this picture I found is totally the opening scene of Spirit of Fire.

I see Fëanáro as working himself straight for days on something, and then finally passing out at his workbench when he just can't handle it anymore...

-

[ 03-05-2008, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ama, in this RP I would LOVE to play Nerdanel. I'm pretty sure I would own at it. If you want, I can go over with you some character ideas for her, based on a whole mini-series idea I had going for Fëanaro and Nerdanel's relationship.

Edit: oh dang it would help to read the whole thread first, wouldn't it? Um, let me read it before I claim a character. []

edit 2: I'll be Maglor then. I think my version of Nerdanel is too Hollywood influenced anyway. []

[ 03-05-2008, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Yeah, Inc' is Nerdanel, but we'd love to have you as Maglor, and perhaps we may need Fingon along the way as well. []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, Goddess, I didn't know you'd like to play Nerdanel []

Are you okay with me playing her ?

[ 03-06-2008, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

I've been studying Maedhros for the past hour and a half in anticipation for playing him in Blood Brothers, and I've come up with a problem in our current timeline, as well as a naming problem.

quote:
"...Maedhros begged forgiveness for the desertion in Araman; and he waived his claim to kingship over all the Noldor, saying to Fingolfin: "If there lay no grievance between us, lord, still the kingship would rightly come to you, the eldest here of the house of Finwe, and not the least wise." But to this his brothers did not all in their hearts agree..." (Silmarillion, p.125)
Surely if Maedhros were truly older than Nolofinwë, he wouldn't have said this? I think we should push back his birth by a year or two so he is slightly younger than Nolofinwë.

Problem II - What should Maedhros go by in Quenya? We have Nelyafinwë, Maitimo, and Russandol which are Quenya. Probably not Nelyafinwë - as they seem not to have gone very frequently by their father-names, but which of the other two is more likely the name he would have used in Quenya?

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc' - don't worry. I hadn't seen that you were Nerdanel. You're welcome to play her. I'll save my script writing for my Nerdanel visions. []

I'm happy to be Maglor [I will learn his quenya name], especially because I can take it easy with him. I'll be Fingon in here when he is needed.

As for Maedhros' name... how bout we just pick one? I think Maitimo sounds good.

[ 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mysterious character means mysterious post []

Let me know if it's okay, I'm not quite sure about it.

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

The sun? []

Edit:
Sorry I mentioned that, actually - it's such a good post, the best one I've seen you write so far! []

[ 03-06-2008, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

[]

*laughs at own stupidity*

It actually is better this way []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Good to see that you could remove the offending globe without losing anything of the goodness of the post! []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Thanks a lot []

Although, Belegaer is Sindarin, right ? So I should change it. Do we have a Quenya name for the Sea ?

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Omg, am I expected to know quenya words other than names??? You guys are crazy. Sorry, but I don't have that level of dedication. []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

No, no, he was looking for the Quenya name of Belegaer, which is a particular sea. [] Just another name. [] We don't expect you to speak Quenya, believe me.

Deep breath, Lilli, we're not as crazy as you think.

[]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I don't speak Quenya at all - I tried to follow the course up north a couple of years back, but I didn't have time to learn much. I rely upon others to get me the necessary words when words are necessary. I don't think I would have noticed that the name of that sea was Sindarin.

Don't worry about it. []

Edit:
I made some changes to the timeline on page 4.

[ 03-07-2008, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Good on the timeline changes, I incorporated them into my last post in Blood Brothers - which seems to be going very well indeed. [] I'm enjoying it, anyway, although I find myself wanting to refer to the Sons of Fëanáro in Sindarin instead of in Quenya... [] Good thing I re-read my posts before I post them. []

Nolofinwë will certainly have a part in that RP - likely, he'll have a fairly large role in all four. I'm glad you've decided to take him, Varna!

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Now, did you want Mahtan and Nerdanel to speak first? Or should Fëanáro come across her? He is wandering in the hills as well, and it is very possible that he might.
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Although, Belegaer is Sindarin, right ? So I should change it. Do we have a Quenya name for the Sea ?
coughguidedubeleriandcough []

We actually have Eär, Eären and Alatairë.

From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
coughguidedubeleriandcough
Of course [] []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I'd rather have Nerdanel come home and speak with her father before she meets Fëanaro for the first time.
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Ok, that's good. [] I just wasn't sure who you wanted to post next.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Spirit of Fire - A Word Aside (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help