Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Spirit of Fire - A Word Aside (Page 3)
Author Topic: Spirit of Fire - A Word Aside
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[Just for the record : I'm still not comfortable with that [] but I can't detail it as I would in French. My feeling is that Finwë is wrong and puts (first) all the guilt on Míriel, though he still loves her. Remember his final sacrifice, and this in particular :
quote:
'Thou art unjust to me in thy thought,' said Finwë. 'It is unlawful to have two wives, but one may love two women, each differently, and without diminishing one love by another. Love of Indis did not drive out love of Míriel; so now pity for Míriel doth not lessen my heart's care for Indis.

Laws and Customs.

But, hey, that's detail [] ]
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever we are ready to start, Fëanor is calling for his daddy.

[] []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I see - not just the term, but the whole concept, somehow. We may perhaps understand better what you mean by the concept when we read some more of Finwë's "strange thoughts".

I suppose that when you have posted Finwë's thoughts on something that you think he is wrong about, you can explain why, here in the Aside thread.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just posted as Findaráto, let me some time for posting as Finwë []
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

*pouts*

[]

No, it's okay. [] Take your time.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
Lol ! the point is that they are (or that I see them as being) completely different characters, and I need to "sink" into Finwë []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Oh, certainly they are.

I'm just as impatient as Fëanor. []

But I'll be patient, just for you. []

Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
Thanks []
E: header smiley []

[ 01-04-2008, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Eluchil ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As long as we don't have to be quite as patient as last time []

I think I'll post as Indis when the doom has been announced. That is when the Vanyar will be reminded of it and start discussing it again.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
Last time was quite exceptional, I promise []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I suppose I could try to start writing my post so that I've got it ready when it's time to post it ... []

Ama, are you around, or about to go to bed? Are you on MSN, btw?

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Sorry I missed your call! []

I am on MSN - lady_alleyne@hotmail.co.uk - Probably the best way to get me right now. I'm going to bed pretty soon.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

And sorry I missed your post! My internet connection has been very unreliable tonight. I keep losing it and getting error messages. I'll try again tomorrow evening ... I've added you to my MSN buddy list now, so we'll see.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Double-posting:
Could even Indis's post be the one where we tell that Mandos has confirmed the doom? She might be told by her brother.
(No, I'm not ready to post it immediately [] )
Btw, how old is Indis? I'm not asking about years, but is she about as old as her brother, so that she was already around when he went to Valinor and came back to lead his people there?
And what about Miriel?

I read The Shibboleth of Fëanor this morning. Where the account differs from Laws and Customs, we're not always consistent about which version we follow.
But in an RP I think it's fine to just choose the one we prefer, the version that suits us best. []

[ 01-13-2008, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
I'm afraid we have no answer to your question on Indis and Míriel ...
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

quote:
Could even Indis's post be the one where we tell that Mandos has confirmed the doom?
And yes, this would be fine with me.
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Sorry for the double-posting, but do we have a Nolofinwë? He becomes quite important later on...

The footnote which made me hate Nolofinwë:

quote:
As he said with some justice: 'My brother's claim rests only upon a decree of the Valar; but of what force is that for those who have rejected them and seek to escape from their prison-land?' But Fingolfin answered: 'I have not rejected the Valar, nor their authority in all matters where it is just for them to use it. But if the Eldar were given free choice to leave Middle-Earth and go to Aman, and accepted it because of the loveliness and bliss of that land, their free choice to leave it and return to Middle-Earth, when it has become dark and desecrated, cannot be taken away. Moreover I have an errand in Middle-Earth, the avenging of the blood of my father upon Morgoth, whom the Valar let loose among us. Fëanor seeks first his stolen treasures.'
[]

All I have to say, Fingolfin, is read my first siggy quote. []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

We don't really - Eluchil wrote his lines when Findarato talked to him in Memory, but he didn't really play him.

Perhaps he would like to play him in here - if he finds it hard to like Fëanaro when posting as Finwë, he can then do a Nolofinwë post to balance it out []

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

That's a good idea!

There's certainly no love lost between half-brothers. []

Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
My opinion is that Nolofinwë still loves Fëanáro somehow (with a rivalry, of course), till the Helcaraxë. Otherwise, he would never have sworn to follow him ...

I'm not sure what would be the most difficult one for me, Finwë or Nolofinwë. But I already have in mind a canvas for Finwë []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

A canvas for Finwë? That's good []

And Nolofinwë isn't born yet, so no big hurry []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Seen as no-one's claimed them yet, can I play all of Feanor's sons?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

I'd rather someone not play ~all of them.

You're welcome to play one (or two, in the case of the twins).

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

quote:
My opinion is that Nolofinwë still loves Fëanáro somehow (with a rivalry, of course), till the Helcaraxë. Otherwise, he would never have sworn to follow him ...
Perhaps, but I think it's only one-way. Fëanáro hates his guts. []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And I claimed either Maedhros or one of the C's in the previous page []
Will think about it []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Spirit of Fire - A Word Aside (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help