Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Calling all writers - Thread Idea (Page 3)
Author Topic: Calling all writers - Thread Idea
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Snowdog's Inn isn't a true RP style per-se. Its had a mix of stuff in it through the years.

I'll have to give that RP a read and see if I'm inspired to join, but I'm currently working on this other Green Dragon project in my free time, & have a plan to re-vitalize 'Shadow Over Arnor' in the coming weeks.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you have to choose between Shadow over Arnor and Road to Rivendell, by all means choose Shadow. I hope to join you there again. Sad that Gna isn't around any more, though.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, which is a common problem with RP stories. one or two of the writers leave or disappear, & things grind to a halt. As threadmaster, I will move it along, and if anyone desires to write in some of the old storylines, then cool, but the next day will come in my next Shadow post.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I can round off my character's conversation with Gna's character as a kind of flash-back the next day.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Yes, that works well too, & has been used many a time by me to keep an RP moving. Sometimes its necessary, especially if there is little chance the character's writer won't be making an appearance any time soon. The characters themselves are still there, they just aren't mentioned anymore.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've just written a little tale of mine. Goes a little against what I was saying in another thread, but never mind! This one shows a bit of sympathy, perhaps, for a character which has been a bit malinged by various people over the years!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

That was a good write Hamfast! You covered some of the depth of what possibly was going through Denethor's mind.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Where, precious?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's in The Writers' Hall thread, this forum, pi, in case you haven't found it already.

*can't be a$$ed to link*

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tudichi
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I have a little idea. It has always fustrated me a little that the chapter on the fifth battle in the Silmarillion is so short. It is good, but short. And one might argue that there is little description. So, I was wondering if I was to re-write it, not actually changing anything in the plotline, not even adding anything to it, plotwise just adding more description, emotional thinking of the main characters, perhaps adding the thoughts of a minor character or two, maybe have more detail about the general plotline. Would anyone think this a good idea of mine?
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Might be worth trying. Would it be for fanfiction.net? If so, let us know and link to it []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Do you think I could get away with having some of the battle of Unnumbered Tears been fought in the snow?
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

That might be Alternative Universe, but I guess you could try some AU ...
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Oh, and I was thinking it might be Cannon. Has done alternate universe in other fandoms. But you know, up north in the mountains, close to Angband a bit snowy, perhaps?
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I guess there would be snow in the winter, yes ... so if some of the battle went on in winter, it could even be canon. I just don't remember the details - you should check up what it says about the time of year for that battle.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Here is the start of another fic that I am writing. An expanded version of the Battle of Unnumbeard Tears.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I just read it on fanfiction.net and wrote a small review for it.

Are you planning many chapters, or don't you know yet?

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Thanks, WQ! [] I have actually finished writing this tale to myself, it's just a case of typing it up and getting it past my rather strict Beata! Though I suppose she is right, I did make a few mistakes on my first draft, I always do much as I try not to! Though I might try posting the version I originaly thought of here and the edited one on Fanfic just to see the difference! Have you written anything recently?
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I have written a little tale about Saeros, here

http://www.minastirith.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000861#000010

I would be interested in anything anyone has to say about it as always! I'm not biased, but I might be particularly interested in anyone who considers themselves Tolkien purists might think about it, as I have been very careful when writing it to keep it in Cannon! Do you think it better or worse than PJ for example!

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

It was a good write Hamfast. I'll have to read through it again and comment. I remember doing it when you posted it, and my computer ate my post when I tried to submit it, so I got frustrated and didn't re-do it at the time.

[ 03-21-2011, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Thanks. Shame about your comments, however, I find that site fine.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Ever wondered how some of the characters might have felt about the films? I have suggested they might do so here,

http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000861

[ 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Calling all writers - Thread Idea (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help