Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected (Page 5)
Author Topic: Infected
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"My pack is full, let's go." He scrambled out the window and climbed up top the building again. The clouds above partially parted their veil across the moon's light. The clouds stretched out like fingers, trying to hide whatever might give the survivors aid. He reached his hand down and helped the elf up. As he reached over the edge of the building, the moonlight revealed an ocean of infected below, mingling with one another, oblivious to the meat above them. Forondor held his breath and pulled the elf up as quickly as possible. "Do not look down." he whispered. "There." he pointed down the row of buildings, between the spire of a shop and the crest of a house he could see their companions holding off a few monsters on the roof. "We must move quickly," he dashed off, leaping from ledge to ledge. Looking ahead he could see that rooftops would offer little more shelter, they were finding ways up and options were running low. His energy was running low. He reached the remaining companions, and pointed out to them the mob coming their way. He looked around, up: no options, either side to them: more rooftops, below: indoors, the street, the sewers. "The sewers! Into the sewers. Quickly before its too late." He slid down a pipe and kicked open the man hole. Time was running short, the infected were already upon them. "GO!" Reaching into his pack, he pulled out a small vase of candle oil. He drew his sword and empitied the bottle across the blade.He motioned for Narcollo to do the same. His piece of flint struck the metal and ignited the blade. The monsters ran in. Left and right he hacked away at them, some dropped, some burst in fireballs. Together they held off a clear area long enough for everyone to get down the hole.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya jumped down as she was told in a hurry and landed on her butt with a splash.

"Ugh," she muttered, "And here I thought Elves were supposed to be somewhat graceful." Picking herself up, she waited for the others to follow.

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Sewers? I guess, but if they follow we will have less room to manuver in and it will take time to get back up. Ah well. The gloom will do my eyes some good." Resta jumped and landed solidly sending up a small wave with a surprising amount of spray. He shrugged apologetically to the wet bottomed elf and cleared the landing at the end of the ladder no one had the time to use.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Narcollo! Forondor! Get down here!" Telepvilya shouted up to them. The longer they remained in the streets, the more the infected would overwhelm them.
From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nárcollo and Forondor's blades burned brightly together in the darkness of the night. They fought together in the street slaying one after another until they had killed enough to escape down the hole. "Down the hole!", Forondor commanded. Nárcollo dropped down after the others, and held his still flaming sword up in the air. The light from the blade shone brightly through the sewers. "Ambu, hurry down!", Nárcollo called after him. They would need to hurry before the Infected found out how to rush into the sewers.
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
By the time the elves with the flaming swords had entered the tunnel Resta had moved to the next bend following their route to the top. "I'll stay up here where my eyesight makes me more useful. But a question just occured to me. This city was built as close to a fortress as I've ever seen...What fortress has conviently located tunnels that lead into the city? We will almost have to leave the relative safety sooner or later in order to go up. If this place is built like I think it is." Resta shrugged unseen as he walked slightly around the bend and scouted out the way ahead as the others came up to him.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya was unsure of what to say to Resta's words, so she remained silent. Following him through the tunnels, she was constantly looking around at their surroundings. One moment she would be looking to her left, the next her head would swiftly turn to the right. She was not comfortable and that fact was painfully obvious.

Ugh, I should have taught myself to deal with places like this, she thought to herself.

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The flaming swords went out after a few turns and the crew stopped to light a torch as Resta scouted ahead. Resta navigated the sewers through a combination of feeling the angle of the floor, feeling the air grow lighter as they passed ladders like the one they had ignored, and blind luck. Still despite his best efforts, the group had to back track around dead ends and occasionally poke a head out to the street to get their bearings.

As they walked time passed slowly with the drip of water echoing around them as they all strained to hear the sounds of pursuit that at any moment could start. Resta proved wrong on the travelers third surface look as they were on the third level. Despite not seeing any infected they continued underground for fear of discovery.

Where Resta expected that they had reached level 4, he stopped and turned to his companions. "Do you hear that?" He asked half hoping he was imagining the sound of running bare feet slapping on the floor from ahead of them.

From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Yes, I do," Telepvilya nodded grimly, "That sound is all too clear to my ears. Whether it is good or ill, I know not, yet I fear the answer."

[ 07-09-2005, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Aermîr Goldenflower ]

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The ranger drew his sword, which had been sheathed ever since the flames went out. The sound echoed through the reeking hallways yet it was distinct that only one pair of feet was the origin. "No body move," he whispered. Slowly he approached the bend then jumped around holding his sword out. A boy no older 17 stopped at blade's length, his eyes wide and without a hint of the plague. He just stood there, gasping. "I'm not going to hurt you," he sheathed his sword, "we're here to see the King."

Slightly confused, the boy nodded. "Ya... okay... but you may want to travell above ground now, you're in the safe zone."

Forondor look to Resta approvingly, "Say kid, what are doing down here anyway?"

"I was headed down to the third level, where my house is, to get some medicine for my family."

"It's a living nightmare down there kid, isn't there an apothecary on the upper levels?"

The boy nodded, "yeah, but we don't have any money, sir."

"What!? You're telling me that he's charging citizens in a time like this?" Forondor then began searching his pack.

"Not only is he charging, he charging double for immediate mixtures."

"Alright, I'll tell you what. You take us to the King, and I'll see what I can do for your family. I am a Ranger from the north and I have knowledge in the arts of medicine." The boy spread a smile across his face at the proposal and immediately agreed.

"This way," he called as he sped off.

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Safe zone? Nowhere is safe from a plague. "I dislike this. Safe zone or no, I'd prefer to travel silently without notice to your King. Fighting by your side or no, I'm an orc and that's all he'll see, along with everyone in this besieged city. If you press on to the surface to walk on the streets above, I'm staying here away from prying eyes and the single most likely place to get hit by the plague." Resta threw down his pack and crouched on the balls of his feet. "Right here I'll be and the infected that come at me will die. Our escape route is here and I'm to be guardin' it. Farewell in talking to the King, though I doubt he'll do much."
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya became worried at Resta's insistance on staying down in the sewers by himself. She understood his reluctance in going before the King, but she didn't want him to be down here all by himself. What if he was attacked? After all, she doubted the sewers would be safe for long.

But, if he wished to remain down here, then she would let him. She just felt bad, because what he spoke was the truth. Most people would distrust him, no matter how much she and the other two vouched for him.

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forondor acknowledged Resta's wishes and exited the sewer system. The boy led them through the over crowded streets. People were sleeping in the street, others were on rooftops, the only way the Ranger could think of to describe it was: chaos. There was no order to anything going on. He almost lost the child at times but the found there way through the remaining levels until the finally reached the seventh gate. There they were stopped completely by the Tower Guard.

"You cannot pass." they said insistently.

"I am Forondor of the northern Rangers..."

They cut him off, "I don't care who you are, nothing gets to the seventh level. Nothing."

The ranger raised his voice, "I know their weakness. I have been fighting them since noon yesterday. My companions have even greater knowledge than I. Our combined knowledge must be heard by the King."

"Then what? Hours are wasted getting the information spread throughout the ranks. Why don't you save some time and go straight to the Captain of the Tower."

"That is unacceptable."

"I can make it acceptable." The guard took a step foreward.

Forondor backed down and gained some distance between them and the guards. "Well, persuasion will not work. I only hope that the King isn't as arrogant as his men are." He looked at the others doubtfully, "any suggestions?"

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Upon hearing that the first attempt made was a failure, Telepvilya became slightly frustrated.

"Perhaps a distraction," she shrugged, unsure of the idea she had put forth.

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Resta quickly tired of his crouched posture and bored with watching the empty passage down. His thoughts raced about his skull and yet only turned over the same ideas over and over. Go up to the others or go through the tunnels. Resta tried drowning out his thoughts by sharpening the axes and cleaning on the equipment. Eventually he picked up his bag and turned to the lower sewers and ventured down again, this time to try to seal entrances and hold off the approach of the infected.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There was a silence that followed her words.

"I'm sorry," Telepvilya whispered, hanging her head, "It was a stupid idea. I just thought..."

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"No, no no. I think you're on to something." he looked over his shoulder. "It may be risky, and surely cause some unnecessary panic, but I'm sure it will work." He pulled them over to an alley and pointed toward the center of the street, "If one of us can go out there and start acting like they are infected, it will surely cause a panic and the guards will have no choice to try to subdue the target. Then we will be able to sneak by." he looked to the others, slightly doubtful himself. "However there is great risk involved for the one who acts as a decoy, they must be careful and quick not to be attacked by the guards, for they will surely aim to kill."
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"I'll do it," Telepvilya offered, though even if she was told no she was going to insist on doing it anyway, "After all, I'm really fast... faster than the guards at any rate. I'll be able to freak them out without getting myself killed... hopefully." She smiled and winked in a way that told them not to worry, "Just make sure you try explain to the King that I'm really not infected so I can join you eventually. Otherwise, I doubt I'll be allowed to see him."
From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nárcollo looked at Forondor, and they both knew she was right. They had to let her do this while they snuck past the guards. "Telepvilya, You must be careful. Be light and swift, and let no arrow harm you. We will go to the king. As soon as you know we are past the guards, drop your guise. Fear not the consequences, for we will come back for you."

Nárcollo and Forondor set off for the wall. They would need to time this perfectly otherwise they could all be killed...

From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The northman nodded in aknowledgment to what Narcollo said. They positioned themselves to the left and right of the gateway, out of sight of the guards. Forondor gave their decoy the signal. She acted swiftly, her performance was both realistic and disturbing to watch. "She's good." He whispered to himself as panic spread across the crowd. The guards took notice almost immediately and bolted off. Like shadows on a moonless night, the two slipped through the large gates. The area was void of guards and strangely silent. The ranger heeded it not and dashed up the ramp to the seventh level. He was brought to halt at the top, the lush green courtyard stretched out before him. The blooming White Tree in the center and beyond a tower more magnificent than anything in Arnor. Around the tree stood the only men to be found: four guards, richly ornamented and ready to defend the tree whatever the cost. Forondor's hand flew to his weapon's hilt and stopped there. He paused momentarily as no movement came from the guards. Slowly his hand laxed and the walked by without getting a single blink out the soldiers. He turned to the elf, "That was odd." Not a soul was on the steps to the guard to the king, so they proceeded unheeded, yet causiously nontheless. They shot worried glances to one another as they pushed open the doors. A ringing creak sounded throughout the courtyard as the rusted hinges scraped together. There was the throneroom before them: bare. Not a single guard, noble, page, fool and no King.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As she was told, Telepvilya dropped her charade as soon as the two had slipped from sight to the denied area.

"Please, forgive me and my act," the Elf smiled, shrugging her shoulders, "But it was necessar-" She was cut off as a guard attempted to gut her with his sword.

"Yikes!" she shrieked quietly, jumping out of reach, "Really, I am sorry! There's no need for you to be so uptight about it!" Well, actually they should be, when you think about it... she thought to herself.

"How dare you pretened to be one of the Infected?!" a guard shouted at her angrily, "Look at the panic you've caused!"

"How was she able to mimic them like that?" a woman asked in fight, "Are you sure she's not one of them?" Oh, dear, Telepvilya sighed, Here they go... It was not long before people were debating on whether or not she truly was an Infected or not. The Elf watched them, her manner bored. This was probably going to take a while...

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Using rusted bottom rungs off sewer access ladders Resta sealed several entrances and succeeded in scaring himself severely. This is what happened.

He had been walking down a particulary winding passage and heard foot steps. Lots of footsteps. Resta had settled to the left of the tunnel and had covered himself hiding him from view. As he finished a small contingent of infected rounded the corner and rushed by following sewers up. Oh Crap. We, in trying to get to the King, have doomed all the suriviors. Resta stood and trailed the infected hoping they didn't come to a dead end and bring him to his.

From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The scene was chilling. The entire courtyard had been abandoned, and silence ruled here. Nárcollo glanced at Forondor as the two proceeded further into the courtyard. His mind raced. There is no hope now. I was too late, and we shall all die as my family did. "Forondor there is no hope."
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Nárcollo! Forondor!" Telepvilya shouted as she raced up to them. She had managed to slip away from the people in the midst of the debate undetected.

"Did you speak with the King?" she asked, seeing the troubled looks on their faces.

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Resta Padded softly feeling the floor slope upwards and listened intently. He easily trailed the Infected but found it hard not to out pace them. They certainly are slow, Resta began trying to sneak closer to count their numbers and assess why they were moving at a decreased pace. A quick peek around a corner answered the first question. Only five Infected had followed them. Five, Resta thought, five I can handle. Resta barreled around the bend, axes spinning wildly around his body. The battle was oddly silent, the Infected made no noise as they fell and Resta wasted no breath on warcries for fear of being heard. Oddly, the fight was almost a dance. The beat was the sound of feet on stone, the words the muffled sound of blade on flesh, the only discord was the occasional clash of blade on blade, yet even that fit somehow with the flow.
Resta seemed to dance with each Infected, until they grew tired or something similar and he laid them down. The dance was over in minutes, and only Resta stood. He swore under his breath, "Where in the Hell are they? Maybe I should go up..."

From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.6.1