Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected (Page 3)
Author Topic: Infected
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"I am fine, thanks to you," Telepvilya smiled, "But I believe that is a question that we should be asking you, Forondor. That was quite a jump. How badly are your legs hurt?"
From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He looked at her questioningly, then rubbed his legs. "Oh, I've had worse. I'll be fine in a few minutes..." He didn't sound convincing. "Now, I want to have a look at what this virus does." He slid away from the body and flipped it over, examining the blood oozing out of his opponent's neck. He took note that it seemed a little dark for blood, a deep maroon color instead of the typical crimson. He looked into the infected's eyes, the florescence in them seemed to fade a little. He was still laying in the road when he made these observations. It wasn't enough to give him any leads on to how it worked, outside of the common knowledge of the virus being in the blood. It perplexed him and he gave up for a while, for the pain surges in his legs were too much of a distraction.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Go ahead and take any samples you need, but wee need to burn these bodies immediately before any animals get infected. They can be just as dangerous as Humans that are infeected..." Nárcollo's voice trailed off. He thought back to his family who had been infected by a rat that gotten through their defences. This thing was more deadly than any of them could have imagined. He began piling the bodies with the help of the others. He noticed that Forondor was sitting there. "Ambu are you alright? Do we need to get you to a healer?"
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya smiled at him, "Whether we need to or not, it probably would be wise to have a healer check him over. And I would certainly feel better about it if so."
From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Few things set the Ranger off like someone telling him he needed to see a medic. He burst out, "I am a ranger of the north, it is my duty to be trained in the ways of treating wounds! I would not be on a search to prevent this plague if I did not know what I was doing!" He paused in silence a few minutes... "I am sorry. I should not have burst out like that. I will be fine." He made an effort to stand then, and stand he did. Inside it was tearing him apart, he felt excruciating pain but made no outward expression of it. Finally, "See, I'm fine." He knew he didn't give himself long enough to rest but more important things were at hand. "Now, what do we do now?"
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Telepvilya laughed at his outburst.

"I see that you are a ranger of the north," she said, "And I meant no offence. I was just saying that sometimes it is a good idea to make sure you truely are all right. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

"As for what we should do, I am not quite sure. Nothing like this has ever happened before that I can remember."

CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"We must go to the capitol. The King's people have been attacked in the northern part of the kingdom, and now it's made it to the southern part, and he can no longer ignore it. Forondor, you are among the rangers of the King; he must listen to you. We must go with all haste." Nárcollo looked around at everyone standing there. "From now on we must all do what we can to warn the people that are not infected. All of you standing here have seen what this does first hand and how quickly it spreads. We must help each other out, no matter what happens. And we must not hesitate to kill one of us if that person has become infected. I will kill you without thinking if you become infected, and I expect each of you to do the same to me if I become infected." Nárcollo felt a chill. He wasn't sure if the wind had picked up, or if it was the thought of his own family. He clenched his fists and squared his jaw. He would stop this thing, even if he died trying to do so. There was no middle ground in this fight. You were either in or you were dead. And he refused to die.
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Forondor hung his head, "The rangers are no longer in the service of the King. Long ago after the evils of Sauron were quelled away the Rangers were disbanded from the sercive of the King. I know not why, for it was not in my lifetime that this happened. The rangers have long been extinct and now only I remain. I am but a beggar and peasant in the King's eye. But such views shall not stop me from trying. I take your oath Narcollo, whole-heartedly and will stop at no length to stop this new evil dead in it's tracks."
Roll of Honor -Laurelin-
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3717

posted      Profile for -Laurelin-   Email -Laurelin-   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In the Pinnacle of the White Tower was Eldarion, King of the Reunited Kingdom, scanning through his Palantir the uproar in Osgiliath, though not very far from the City, he needed a close look on this threatening fuss. He knew very well what was happening, for he was already assailed in Cair Andros as well as in Pelargir since yestereve by these rageful beings. Fortunately in Pelargir the infected had been kept at bay, for the main city is accessed by a bridge from South Ithilien, and by an ingenious and swift idea from their Lord, Ciryatan, they destroyed it with their few trebuchets. The epidemy was controlled in the city, and the infected were drowning in the river, unable to cross it, for the Anduin near the Sea is wide and has a strong current.

In Cair Andros, matters were worse, the scanty batallion of knights sent to reckon the fords were rapidly overwhelmed by the oncoming flow of infected from the East, and none survived. The infected ran amok in all azimuths thereafter. Such was the sight of Eldarion through the Palantir, never he thought to live such things and he wished to have counsel from his father, but his stern face didn’t give hint of his thoughts. Swiftly tumbling down the circled-stairs of the tower he gave order to his Captains, to shut the door, turnbuckled if necessary, and to beat to quarters.

“But what do we do of those still living coming from Osgiliath my Lord?” asked the High Captain Garmael “For there seems to be a lot of them, and a Scout informed us that the threat was now controlled”. Eldarion looked afar towards Osgiliath: “I am well aware of that Garmael" though he was surprised that it was controlled, regaining his thoughts he continued:"Send a dozen swift scouts to fetch news, then shut the door, we cannot let anyone enter before we inspected them and learnt from that disease, it would be unwise, Do as I bid, now!” Garmael and the other captains nodded and left the Citadel in a hurry.

Eldarion stayed still, thinking about the free people of Middle-Earth, “How will the Rohirrim survive this?” He thought. For Indeed, Edoras was but scarcely fortified, they’d have to flee to Helm’s Deep whose walls had been rebuilt, and yet, with all the families and the logistic. “Will they have time?” Eldarion was grieved, and Lo! He ran down the Citadel and called for Garmael. “Garmael, before all, send a messenger to Edoras, to inform them of the situation, for they most likely need to refugee in the mountains”. The valourous Captain, halting and giving full attention to the King’s words: “Absolutely sir” then he walked off the Citadel at great pace and soon would the Scouts pass through the Great Gates.

[ 01-08-2005, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: -Laurelin- ]

From: Québec | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Telepvilya took a deep breath as the Elf's speech came to a close. He was right. This plague caused nothing but death and devistation.

"I too agree to swear that should I become infected that I be killed, or that if any others suffer such a fate, I shall help kill them," she nodded, a feeling of dread falling on her as she spoke the words. A dark shadow in her mind told her that her words would come into play later on.

Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Resta slowed as the sounds of battle stopped. Now he heard the crackling of flames and the sizzle of meat over the flame. He saw, now, the warriors that he had only heard up till now. And he heard the elf's vow. "Hail," he yelled as he sped back up, "The walls are under attack and the guards falter. Every guard hit turns on his fellows. Come to the gates and send the rage-filled attackers to their graves." Resta stopped dead as he finally was able to see their eyes. They stared at his body, and not for the first or last time did he curse his mother for his birth.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Telepvilya blinked at the Orc that had suddenly appeared with the desire to help. She stared at him with interest, wondering if it was some kind of trap.

Probably is, she thought to herself, After all, you can't trust Orcs... but what if he is trying to help? After all, this disease probably affects them too. Well, his kind have killed my family, so if I am to die, it seems only fitting to be at an Orc's hand...

After silently reasoning this to herself in her head, Telepvilya smiled at him and walked over to him and... held out her hand.

"Hello there," she greeted, "I'm Telepvilya. And you are?"

Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Resta stared at what had to be the most strange thing he had ever seen. An elf holding her hand out in greeting to an orc, especially as he still had his axe bloody across his back. "I'm Resta," he said finally and gripped her hand as delicately as he could. "The guards up at the gates are under attack by orcs and humans with fire in their eyes. I came upon them from behind and tore my way to here. The guards need help. Or I fear this place will become theirs." Resta couldn't shake the images of his employer standing amid gore covered orc bodies turning to him with those flame filled eyes. The sheer rage in those eyes rivaled any he had witnessed. "Will you help them?"
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Forondor's hand flew to his weapon's hilt upon seeing the Orc. He gazed, wide-eyed, for he had only seen two before. One of which he killed. He was expecting it to attack but there was no fire in his eyes. How could this be? Was he leading them into a trap. He looked at Narcollo, and the others. Then proceeded after the Orc with caution.
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

Nárcollo heard the deep raspy voice that he knew could only come from an Orc. He wheeled around, Throwing stars in hand. He glared at the Orc. His people had fought the orcs that had wandered away from Angband in the First age, and multiplied over the years. He had seen the cruelty of the orcs many times in his life. He had no reason to trust this one. He stared in disbelief, as the elf walked towards the orc extending her hand in friendship. The Orc seemed to be genuinely worried about the guards. He knew that He could never trust this creature. Forondor looked at him briefly and then went forward following after the orc. What was he thinking? This Creature could not be trusted anymore than the infected! The others began to follow Forondor and the Orc towards the battle. Nárcollo's thoughts raced. He knew that if the Orc's words were true that there wasn't much time before the guards would be overwhelmed. But If the Orc had a band of followers then it could be just as dangerous. He watched The others follow. He had no choice now. He had to help the others fight, be it against Infected or Orcs.
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Telepvilya was puzzled, though she did not show it as she followed the others to help the guards. The offer of possible friendship to Resta had been a test, to see if he was tricking them or if he genuinally wanted to help. It appeared that the latter was the case though, something that caused her no small amount of awe.

Could this one be different? she mused silently to herself, Or is the trap still yet to come?

[ 01-28-2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Aermîr Goldenflower ]

Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

Resta watched the others as he led them to the guardpost. He saw fires of a different type enter more than one eye. He knew those fires well, distrust and hatred of his race had been his constant companion, filling the minds of all he encountered. The latent distrust oozed from them. The elf that had shook his hand had surprised him with her offer of friendship, but now he saw her lingering distrust smoldering behind her surprised eyes.

As they neared the post the sound of fighting rose to their ears and made them wince in sympathy for the injuries causing such dreadful screams. Resta turned before they rounded a corner and hurriedly whispered, "Remember, do not let them spill their blood on you. Near as I can figure that is how the attackers turn their prey." Around the corner Resta went.

He saw the fire-eyed people atop the gate and the desperate defenders slowly backing and forming a ring of steel against the encroaching doom they saw. The infected showed no tactics as they jumped headlong into the blades, and headlong over the dead bodies holding swords fast. As a guard fell the man next to him always broke away enough to drive his blade into the man ensuring his immediate death. They have learned that hard lesson, Resta thought, and now help has arrived.

[ 02-04-2005, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Sepiroth Strife ]

CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

Nárcollo was taken aback. The Orc had been telling the truth! He watched the Orc rush into the fray and attack the infected with the ferocity of his race, being careful not to get blood on his own body. Nárcollo joined in the battle. They would make short work of these Infected. The others rushed in as well, and they began the slaughter. The infected though strong, and fearless, were not intelligent. With the soldiers of the city driving them back on one side, and the company rushing in on the other the infected dropped like flies. The matter of the Orc reentered Nárcollo's mind as he fought the creatures off. when the battle was over would the creature turn on them? Could he really be trusted?
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Sure enough the orc was right. Forondor was surprised. But he had no time for a luxury like surprise. Work had to be done. He lifted his scarf over his mouth and lifted a nearby spear. The infected swarmed around the base of the staircase leading to the survivors. He looked around, scoping the environment to use towards his advantage. Nothing. He'd have to do it the hard way. As far as he could tell, there were 5 infected at the bottom of the stairwell, 5 going up it and 10 at the top where the guards were. He knew not if there were more beyond his vision. He took the spear at one end and sweeped it under the legs of two of the monsters, dropping them one on his back and the other on his knees. As he spun around in the follow-through he repositioned his hands for a throw. Finding his target he let loose, the spear impaled what a beast to the stone wall. The infected on his knees was right in front of him, starting to get up. Forondor had to act fast. He grabbed it's thighs, lifted over his shoulder and fell back slamming it's head into the street. The infected's neck snapped on impact, and all could here it. The ranger started back up and was tackled from behind. The beast that had been impaled pulled it's way off the spear, gaping hole through it's torso. Forondor was helpless against it, it had his arms pinned...
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Telepvilya cut the legs of the infected pinning Forondor and grabbed its hair, throwing the soon-to-be-completely-blood-stained body away from the ranger and herself. As the being started to get to its feet, she slashed at it with her sword, decapitating it. She smiled at Forondor.

"Even," she stated, offering her hand to help him up.

Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

Resta reveled in the battle. It was the only place and time people trusted him. In battle enemy and friend are easier to define. Enemies attack you and friends attack those who attack you. He felt some sorrow at not using the unique weapon he had, but instead used the crude axes of his enemy. But the feeling and rush of combat is no less for the crudeness, he thought. Three infected armed with a spear, an axe, and a halberd came at him all at once. This was not particularly unusual except that two and slowed for the third to catch up.

Resta jumped back and slammed his axe blades together on the spear, splintering its haft. Taking a step forward he swung his axes out to parry the halberd and axe, then brought them back in with another step. The blades met at the spear wielding infecteds spinal cord. The immediate way the brute went limp showed the damage. It was then resta realized his charge hadn't been without consequence. The broken spear haft was stuck in his abdomen, and two infected where on either side of him.

Resta shoulder rushed the halberd wielder out of his way and ran a few steps away. He spun putting all his rage into the strike to catch the halberd wielders weapon and jolt it out of the infected hands. Resta brought his other axe around and clove off half the infecteds face. Now Resta smiled as the lone axe wielder advanced. The fire-eyed man jumped forward and grabbed hold of the broken spear and twisted it as it came out. White-hot agony raced through Resta and nearly dropped him to his knees. His vision cleared in barely enough time for him to block the incoming axe. Worse was with a wound he was very close to being infected himself.

Resta fought defensively blocking and parrying in order to buy time to look around and see how things were going. The guards had rallied on his re-entry but were now being driven back again. The other thing he noticed was that there was no one around him, to help if he called. Fresh anger boiled up in him and he suddenly jumped into an enemy attack brushing it away as he brought his axes parallel and spilt the infecteds head in three pieces. Resta took a moment to rest then tied a bandage over his wound and jumped in to help the guards.

Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Telepvilya pulled Forondor up when he didn't take her hand, and went back to fighting. Looking around, she saw Resta, far away from anyone else. He was jumping in to help the guards and she was positive that her eyes spied a hastily tied bandage.

Worry flared, though she was not sure why. She had played with the thought that perhaps this Orc was different from others, but wasn't sure if she actually believed it in her mind. Well, whether her mind believed it or not, her heart sure did.

"Resta!" Telepvilya shouted out to him, and started cutting a path towards the infected that seperated them, "Are you all right?!"

Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

Resta rushed into the guards and pushed back the infected attacking them. During the slight breather this bought they took in deep breaths and several swung swords and slew their comrades taken down in the last rush. Resta retreated to their line and bolstered them as they fought. I dont know how long I can hold out now, Several hours of fighting and running had taken their toll as his axes began cutting slower. He could barely see his surroundings but what he did see made him try to shrug asaid his wariness and fight to hold the line. Resta heard his name called but didn't catch the question follwing it. He stepped back and looked voer his shoulder to see Telepvilya cutting her way to him. "No," he called back with as much strength as he could muster, "Get the others to co..." Resta dropped to a knee and lost one axe to the shuffle of feet around him. He let out a roar and stood swinging once more. He then saw an end in sight. Despite how many there were in the gates no more stood outside, they only had to kill those that were next to them. He ran a quick tally . Twenty. Twenty more and we can rest. Resta staggered to an infected and chopped into him with abandon. Another jumped at him but a guard planted his pole-ax and caught the form mid jump. Resta returned the favor when an infected swept around the pole-ax to grab the guard. Seventeen.
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Despite Resta's reply, Telepvilya was not about to head back to the others. She wanted to help!

He's different! she told herself, He's not like other Orcs! If I let him die, I'll never forgive myself! There were only a few infected left.

After reaching her detination and helping to defeat the remaining enemies, Telepvilya glared at the Orc.

"Sit down!" she ordered, "I can't tend to your injury when you're standing up like that!"

CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

The orc really was trying to help. Nárcollo watched as one of the other elves helped him. The Infected were almost defeated here, but as their numbers dwindled, their ferocity intensified. Nárcollo's heart darkened, and his Avari roots began to show themselves. His eyes shown a flaming bright red, and he began to feel the adrenaline pulse through his entire body. The Infected would die now. He rushed at them, sword drawn, and began hacking their body furiously, and with speed unknown to men. The infected who had been focusing on the guards wheeled around to see this Avari hacking away mercilessly, and began to attack him. they dropped like flies, as they rushed their foe. Bodies slashed in half, heads roling, the infected continued to rush the Elf until they all fell. The Guards and others stood back in fear and amazement, as Nárcollo buried his dagger deep into the head of the last infected, and screamed the victory cry of his people. Nárcollo stood among the pile of bodies, and then turned to the guards. "Bring me fuel, right away. The rest of you, help me pile these bodies." Several of them rushed away and came back carrying the flammable liquids, while the rest brought all of the infected corpses and threw them in a pile. Nárcollo took the fuel, and began drenching the bodies in it. When the fuel was all used up, He took out his flint and kindling and lit the pile. The blaze roared up in front of the company, as the bodies burned away. He turned to the others to see who had been injured. The company were checking themselves over for any blood that might have splattered up onto themselves. Nárcollo walked over to Forondor. "The orc meant well. He fights well, and we need everyone we can get to help stop this thing. We'll bring him with us. But we must get to the White City immediately, and tell the king what has happened. He cannot ignore us any longer. This is far to close to home for even him to look over." Nárcollo turned to the others. "Those of you who would see this threat ended must listen. We must travel to the Minas Tirith, and warn the Capitol of the impending threat. Those of you who wish, may accompany Forondor and I. But we leave immediately."

[ 03-15-2005, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: CloudStrife ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help