Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected (Page 2)
Author Topic: Infected
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya froze for a moment as the female Elf she had been watching before joined them. She quickly shook away her shock.

"Was that humor?" she asked with a grin, "I wish we had time for such, if it was. But we must think quickly now."

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Indeed. I was just stating a fact, however." Turulambië replied in that same wry tone.
From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forondor was astonished at the elf population in this city. For a lingering race they seemed to bew a bit more abundant than he expected. he stood there, surrounded by them, all too awed to think of a plan. Without a word he continued to push his way through. They got the idea. He meant to fight. Draw them out and maybe slow them up a little. It was just getting out was the part he hadn't considered that yet. The mob was growing thinner and thinner. When he finally reach a clear enough area he stopped to look around. There were still people everywhere, just more spread out. Where were these infected? They all looked the same. He had imagined some green skin and orc-like features. Nothing, just people. One person turned his head to Forondor. He was stricken dumb. The sight of the man was horrifying. No sign of change was in him except his pallid colored skin and bright, firey eyes. The sight was horrifying. It seemed as if this man's wife came out of a nearby building and screamed at the sight. He didn't know how to react. Was this the dreaded infected? He could hardly tell the difference between them and normal people. He got his cue when the man seemed to growl at him and start to charge. Acting purely on instinct the ranger loosed his small bow and fitted a arrow. It sang and the arrow whistled right into his target's shoulder. It did not hinder him, he still ran at full speed. Another arrow was shot, no effect. Another, and another and another. The man was littered with wooden shafts and still running. He got closer and closer and at the last minute Forondor dropped the bow and brandished his broad-sword, swinging. He felt a jerk as the blade sliced through the man's throat. Blood flew through the air, his wife screaming more than ever. The blood sprayed right acrossed her face, her mouth wide open. She shut up bending over, spitting and rubbing her eyes. She looked up to see the man she once loved, dead on the white street. Her eyes were red with blood that poured into them. After a few seconds of utter shock and disbelief she clutched her stomache making a wretched noise. Bending foreward like she was sick, she vomitted up blood, lots of it. She coughed, repeatedly and began twiching. The coughing and twiching became violent and it was uncontrollable. It finally stopped and she dropped to her knees, slowly looked up locked glances with Forondor. Eyes like fire...
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As the ranger finally managed to slay the infected man, Alkarelen looked on in horror as the female who had emerged from the building, rose to her feet and began to charge the lone human.
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Turulambie wished she could help, but all her weapons were back at her home in Minas Tirith. Fire, fire's a weapon! she thought. But she didn't have tinder or flint. She was all but useless and she hated it.
From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Suddenly a small figure jumped from the shadows. He wielded a small hatchet and a leather pouch. He sprinkled some of the contents on his hatchet and spat on it to keep the red and orange dust on the hatchet. Then he threw it as hard as he could, and it twirled through the air towards the infected woman. Denomir watched awestruck as the hatchet buried its self into the womans side. There seemed to be no effect, but then she began to crumple over as she ran. Then her body burst into flame, and soon there was nothing left except a black area on the street, and a tiny hatchet.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya watched the fighting, her eyes wide with horror. So, this is the disease... this is what it does to those infected by it, she realized. As the woman burst into flame, Telepvilya turned her attention to the Dwarf who had thrown the hatchet. She let out the breath she had not even realized she'd been holding.

"So, fire is a good tool..." she whispered, "I see..."

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forondor stood there, mouth wide open, in shock of it. He realised the maliciousness of it all. This was something with no remorse, no honor, this was like no other enemy he had heard of before. It had no feelings and anyone was susceptible to it. Except the greedy dwarves... as said Narcollo. Then he realised his mouthwas wide open and remembered the other warnings... the infection is in the blood and cantageous through through it. That women toook infected blood to the eyes and open mouth. If that blood had gotten him, it would have all been over. Something dripped on his arm and looked at it: soaked in blood. He panicked for a second then calmed himself. Their was curdling groan down the street as a few more appeared. The ranger pulled his hood over his head and tied his scarf around his mouth and nose. He acknowledged the dwarf's help and ready his broad sword, standing in defensive position as the came charging mindlessly.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Denomir grimaced, "To bad that was my last batch of that powder, I'll have to get more once this is over." He lunged for his hatchet and made ready to defend himself against the Infected. "So ranger, you've figured out one way to deal with these, things, and I've got another, I think your's is going to be a bit easier to access," he smiled weakly at his little hatchet, "I need to take that blacksmith woman up on her offer of a sword."
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He payed little heed to dwarf's ramblings, his attention was caught with the growing number of infected coming around the corner. He looke back to see if any of the elves were going to help. But before he could say a word it was time to fight. This wasn't his idea of a blackade, but it would by the others more time. They came in, several at once running at full speed. Those eyes almost made him hesitate. Then he swung, he realized his misjudgement and missed the creature narrowly. It ran into him at full speed, knocking him over. It clutched him, clawing at his cloak, knawing at his gauntlets. Forondor pulled out his dagger and thrusted it into it's chest, it squirmed for a second, giving him time to get up. Picking up his sword he realized the dagger had pinned the infected to the road. He spent no more time worrying about him and swung around, blade extended at the next one...
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nárcollo watched in horror as the infected came. He was too late. The only thing He could do now was fight them off and pray for the best. He pulled his cloak and hood tight around himself, and covered his face with a piece of cloth. He unsheathed his sword, and felt his rage well up inside him. These creatures took everything from him and now he was going to make them pay. The fury coursed through his mind and he lost all thought except killing them, and not catching the plague. He saw Forondor kill an infected man and a dwarf kill an infected woman, as the flood of infected rushed at them. He ran towards them screaming the war cry of his tribe and with the incredible speed of the avari began slashing his way through the infected careful not to let any of the blood touch his own body. His razor sharp blade sliced through them expertly and with great speed. He screamed at the others, "ATTACK!!! KILL THEM!!! DON'T LET THE BLOOD TOUCH YOU, BUT WE MUST DESTROY THEM!!!"
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"They say discretion is the better part of valor," whispered Denomir, "So I'll be valorous." He slunk into a corner to avoid the heavy fighitng while he mixed a few potions trying to make something that would help.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya removed her short sword from its sheath and nodded at the Elf's shout. As some of the infected people came at her, she took a deep breath and joined in the fighting.
From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Turulambië rushed into the dwelling the infected woman had left and found a cooking fire. She wished she had her bow, but at the present a brand would do - she hoped. If not, she would run for all she was worth to get a weapon that would work. She determined that the table would burn the best of all the wood in the room and broke off one of the legs. It was thick enough to resist breaking but she snapped it at the base where it was connected with the tabletop. She caught it on fire, waited to be sure it was burning steadily, and left the house. I hope this will work.
From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As he swung around wildly his blade jolted to a stop and sunk into another man's collar bone. He hissed, coughed up a little blood, grabbed Forondor's wrists and began to puyll himself down the length of the blade to get to him. Another pair of arms grabbed him from behind and he felt a hard object pressing into the middle of his back. He tried to break free of their holds but to no result. He kicked one between the legs but again with no effect. The one behind him tried to bite at his shoulder again and the one in front was slowly dying, his grip loosening. The ranger finally broke his enemy's wrists, it groaned and he twisted his own arms behind him. Feeling behind him for that hard object sticking into his back, he finally found it. As he suspected it was his dagger sticking out of the man he pinned to the ground. Pulling it out he slashed it's arms and broke free. He kicked the one in front of him far enough away to pull his sword out. As he did he whiped it around and finished off the other. Looking around him he noticed a few more entered the fray and the dwarf seemed to dissapear. "How typical" he thought.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Resta stopped looking at the tracks he encountered and just ran. The axe bounced painfully on his flank but he daren't stop. But when the signs disappeared stop he did. He turned and noticed a distinct line where no orc had apparently tread. He then saw the human tracks and horse hooves. "Humans and Orcs?" Resta pondered while he started back to running. Is was not long until he heard the sounds of marching ahead. Bind it to Sauron, Why can't I get back to town without all this? The marching continued on, but he soon realized its recklessness and tried to run around. It was then a shadow moved and a glimmer of steel cut his thigh. Resta punched out and the shadow fell. To be sure he shoved his sword through its belly. He ran on and soon heard the sounds of battle.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya was surprised as the fight continued. The infected just kept coming and coming. There seemed to be no end to them. She saw the female Elf come out of the house of the first two infected killed with a makeshift torch. Good idea. Wish I could do the same. Too bad my way's currently blocked, she mused silently.

"Just how many are there?" she asked rhetorically, not expecting an answer, as she decapitated yet another infected person.

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rushing forward into the melee, Alkarelen could see that the few infected, who had managed to get inside the city seemed to be thinning in number. As he neatly decapitated one of the infected he wondered what the guard of the city was doing to ensure the safety of the remaining citizenry.
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nárcollo fought on, as the others joined in the fight. The infected kept rushing him over and over again, with no apparant end to the onslaught. He slashed through body after body, with blood flying everywhere. If they continued on like this they would all become drenched in blood and become infected themselves. He turned and saw an Elf come from a door brandishing a torch. "That's it!", he thought to himself. He rushed forward towards the house, Infected trying to grab at him, but never getting close enough to do him any damage before they got hacked away by his sword. He got to the doorway and rushed inside the table lay in pieces by the fireplace. He scanned the shelves quickly, and found a lamp. He grabbed it and pulled the top off. He drenched his blade in the oil, and then ripped a piece of cloth off the tablecloth, doused it in oil, and then poured the remaining oil into a bottle, and plugged it with the cloth. He ran to the fireplace and lit the cloth and his sword, and rushed back towards the doorway where the infected had started to enter. He stopped kicked the remaining pieces of the table towards the fire, just enough to get it where it would ignite, and then rushed the ones entering, and dispatched them quickly with his flaming sword. he pause momentarily, and then threw the bottle as far as he could into the flood, spontaneously igmiting about 15 of them while the others grew confused while the flames lept up behind them. "DRIVE THEM INTO THE FIRE!", Nárcollo shouted. If they could do this then the town could be saved for the moment. he rushed back into the fray flaming sword slicing towards them.
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"DRIVE THEM INTO THE FIRE!" the male Elf shouted. Telepvilya had no time to think, only to react.

She had seen where the flames had suddenly sprouted from the bottle of ignited oil he had thrown out of the corner of her left eye. Turning towards the pyre Telepvilya raced towards it, the infected she had been fighting following quickly behind her.

"This should be fun," she grinned, as she got closer and closer to the flames.

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Resta rushed on to the sounds and soon discovered their source. The walls of the city were being attacked, and the city guard was being pushed back. Resta swiftly brandished his weapons and ran to the gates, slaying all in his path. His wild rush brought a few defendes enough time to help their comrades. Then the infected surged forward and Resta lost himself to the thrill of battle. The closer an opponents weapon got to him the more extasy he felt. Every thrust that met flesh exhilirated him. He hadn't realized he had lost his sword staff and picked up another axe until he used them simultaneously to chop off an infected persons head. He jumped back as a sword finally got to close and met a ladder the invaders had used to get to the guards. He charged up it axe hilts crossed using only his legs to power him up. He practically flew up the ladder and jumped off the top rung. Kicking back he dislodged the ladder and started to run into the city. The guards needed help, that was for certain.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forondor noticed that a few other Gondorians had grabbed make-shift weapons and joined the fray. When the explosive device was ignited he heard the cry to drive them into the fire. He couldn't see how this could be done, they fealt no fear and therefore had no reason to retreat. He had half of an idea. Ducking away into an alley he spent only a few seconds regaining his breath, then dashed up a staircase. When he reached the second level he looked out the window and found two clothes lines stretching across the street. He looked down and noticed that the few warriors were not holding off all of the infected. Many were still escaping into the city. It only took one to spread it. Some grunts in the hallway alerted him to the presence of two that were following him. He had to think fast, "ok, I came up here for a reason... what was it? What can I use to my advantage?... The clothes!" Just then the infected burst into the room, Forondor grabbed a nearby oil-candle canteen, stepped out onto the line, praying it would hold him. He quickly made his way along it while the other attempted to climb on also. Their attempts were in vain and one quickly slipped and fell the whole 15 feet, landing head first on the stone street. The other gave up and ran back downstairs. Using the second, higher, line for support, he grabbed a shirt, wrapped it around an arrow, dipped it in the candle oil and called out, "Someone throw me a torch!"
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telepvilya ran faster and faster, going closer and closer to the fire. At the last possible second, she threw herself aside. The infected were not so lucky and many of the ones who had been chasing her ran into the flames. Picking herself off the ground, Televilya heard the cry for a torch from above. Looking up, she saw the ranger, Forondor was the name she had heard him called, standing on a clothes line and holding onto another, with a shirt wrapped arrow.

Sweeping the area around her quickly, she managed to find a large piece of splitered wood. It appeared to come from a shattered chair, which she had seen some of the infected had been using earlier when the battle had been young.

Grabbing the piece, she hurried over to the bonfire the explosion had created and shoved the wood into the pyre. Once it had caught, she pulled it out and aimed.

"Catch!" she shouted, and threw the burning lath up into the air.

[ 12-19-2004, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Aermîr Goldenflower ]

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nárcollo got right up to the edge of the leaping flames. He looked up and saw Forondor was up above with a flaming arrow notched to his bow. Nárcollo sheathed the sword, and pulled his cloak close around his entire body and his belongings. The oil had burned up completely on his sword, allowing him just enough time to make it here. With the cloak pulled tightly around his entire body, he stepped back into the flames. He let out a scream towards the infected, and they quickly turned to the creature that was calling them. They rushed towards him into the fire. They began igniting as they tryed to get towards him. Feeling the intensity of the fire, they rushed back out their bodies aflame. They began to do everything they could to get away from the flames and the fight, the insanity and the pain making them lose every thought except survival. Nárcollo ran from the fire and pulled his sword back out, and began to hack away mercilessly at the few Infected remaining alive.

[ 12-21-2004, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: CloudStrife ]

From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The ranger caught the torch, lit the arrow, put the torch between his teeth and fitted the arrow to his bow. There were only a few infected left and some of those were making it passed the bridge. He stretched the bow strinbg as far back as he could pull it and let the flaming arrow fly. The arrow whizzed through the air in a large arc, falling only inches away from it's target. By the time it hit the ground Forondor was lighting another arrow, he fitted it and let it fly. The missile found it's target this time, square on the infected's back. He readied another arrow, pivoted and fired downward, igniting another. He was then out of candle oil. It seemed that nearly all of the infected were disposed of, though one last remaining charged around the corner. Running full speed towards the unknowing Telepvilya. Forondor unsheathed his sword and dropped from his perch, sword extended downward and arms ready for impact. He landed ontop of the infected, dragging it to the ground with his weapon sticking through the monster's gut. The ranger let out a grunt as his legs bashed the against the road. The beast beneath him squirmed to get free, he held it down and slipped the blade under it's throat and yanked. It stopped it's writhing. Forondor tried to stand but his legs failed him. They were not broken, he determined as he felt them, but badly injured. He rested his head against the carcass of the creature he just killed, breathed deeply and collected himself. "Is everyone alright?"
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.6.1