Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected- AWA (a survival/horror rp) (Page 1)
Author Topic: Infected- AWA (a survival/horror rp)
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's the early fourth age and few Elves and Dwarves remain in Middle-Earth. A single Avari Elf came from the far east to warn the free peoples of Middle-Earth that there was something horrific coming west and they must prepare. He told the tale: one of two rogue Istari, Alatar and Pallando (no one knows which), had let loose a cursed plague among his enemies, but it was far more powerful than he imagined. It started with infection, something would infect the blood and in a matter of seconds would spread through the infected's body. The infected would lose control of his or her mind and body and would be driven into an uncrontrolable rage. They could not feel, pain was not a hinderance to them, the plague gave them a seemingly endless adrenaline rush acting like a steroid. The plague was contageous through the blood, if one got the infeted blood into their system, by open wound, mouth or eye, they too became infected. The single cases multiplied through the land, and ina matter of days the epidemic swept the land. He told of Elves being less susceptible to it and cannot die from it, but the rage still had overtaken their bodies. Men would die from the disease slowly but surely. Dwarves are not susceptible to the disease at all and for the most part locked themselves away and blocked out the rest of Middle-Earth. He warned the people of the west that they had only a few days to prepare for the rushing army coming from the east, coming to devour all life they can find. But his tale was not accpeted, they labeled him a fool and heretic. That would be their greatest folley of all...

I'll post my character once I've thought of him. The RP is open to all.

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Denomir
Race: Dwarf
Bio: Denomir has worked his whole life for the greater good of man but has produced nothing of worth. Now he hopes to find a vaccine for the soon to arrive plague. Spurned from his own people because he is seen as a "crazy scientist" he wanders amongst the humans selling his potions that relieve symptoms of illness.
Weapons: His various mixtures that he carries in a pack and a hatchet.

How is that?

From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jujemu
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4706
posted      Profile for Jujemu   Email Jujemu   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll join, I will edit this post (or another if someone posts after) with my Bio.

What race would be needed more then others?

-TT

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- "I don't want anyone else to die."
- Come play the Haiku Game!
- Gundam Pilot

"Ienai itami, kanashimi de kizutsuita kimi mo waraenai nante, hito kira nante kotoba sou iwanaide ! Mienai mirai ni okoru koto subete ni imi ga aru kara, ima wa sono mama de ii, kitto kizukeru toki ga kuru darou!"

From: "The World" | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll join too.

Name: Alkarelen
Race: Elf (Noldor)
Weapons: Elvish Sword, Kite Shield, Dagger
Bio: Born in Hithlum in the first age. Has fought the forces of darkness his entire life, but in times of peace has become a master smith. Now lives in Rivendell with the few noldor remaining in ME. At the time of this RP however, he is in Minas Tirith as an envoy to the King.

[ 11-24-2004, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: Ingaran Nolofinwë ]

From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like someone saw "28 Days Later". []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You missed the "Unique RP idea" thread, didn't you Maha? []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
yes, maha, this is based-loosely-on 28 days later.
From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Telepvilya
Race: Elf
Weapons: bow and a quiver of arrows and a short sword
Bio: Telepvilya was born in Mirkwood, her mother and sister disappeared soon after her birth. Her father was then killed during the Third Age, when he and his hunting party was attacked by a pack of Orcs. Telepvilya has spent much of her life exploring the forest and helping to fight the shadow that used to creep along the southern reaches of her forest home. She now lives in Ithilien, but is wandering around Gondor often, so she can be hard to find. Is fair in her archery abilities, but perfers her sword to her bow.

How is this?

[ 11-27-2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Aermîr Goldenflower ]

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Turulambië
Race: Elf
Weapons: elaboratly carved long bow and arrows, long elven sword.
Bio: Turulambië remembers nothing of her first thousand years. Her memories start in Rivendell. She had excellent woodcraft but cannot remember where she learned it. She can make anything imaginable out of wood, including shaping live wood while it is growing. Only a couple hundred years after she 'woke' she moved to Mirkwood, the place Lord Elrond said she came from. She continued working with wood for centuries but later stopped that profession in order to aid in defeating the darkness of Southern Mirkwood. After the end of the Third age she continued her woodworking but has since left Mirkwood as one of the elves who chose to go to Minas Tirith to aid in creating the gardens of that city. She loves working with plants above all else but would do her people proud with her archery. She is only proficient with her sword and hardly ever touches it. She always carries the few tools she uses for her woodcraft around with her.

Is that good?

[ 11-27-2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Arorë Silvertongue ]

From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Alright, reluctantly I'll accept both. After Cloudstrife's character post (he has requested to be the Avari elf) I am putting a stop on any more requests to be elves.

Ok, finally MY character:
Name: men call him Forondor, elves call him Ambu and the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain call him Bain
Race: Man
Occupation: Ranger of the North and Honorary Guard of Lake-Town, guest of honor in many a house.
Weapons: His typical ranger outfit includes a single handed broad sword and a small hunting bow but his Lake-town armor, which he generally keeps in safety, inlcudes a pole-arm, short sword and a rectangular bronze shield.
History: He grew up in laketown and was raised by his uncle, who was a frequent trader with the dwarves of the Lonely Mountain. He became well aquainted with them and learned many o thing about the land. When the bandit crisis arose his uncle was killed in a raid. Swearing revenge against the rising problem he quickly turned to the dwarves for help. They informed him of "Remnant". They were the remaining population of Elves in Mirkwood that hid in secrecy from men for the sake of their own well being. They tought him the extinct ways of the Ranger, how to hunt, how to track, how to fight, how to survive and how to pass on the knowledge he learnt to continue the long gone ways of the ranger. Years later upon his return to lake-town the small group of bandits turned into a clear and present threat to the North-East. His ranger training was effective against bandits and after a bloody engagement with the head of the organization he finally laid that threat to peace. Since then he became an Honory Guard of Lake-Town. For years he travelled the North regions and once rumour reached him of some heretic elf fromt he far east warning of a new plague, he immediately set out to find him in hopes of developing an antidote for it.

Fraeyl the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4807
posted      Profile for Fraeyl the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
this sounds like fun

Name: Asrang

Race: Human

Equipment: two daggers in her boots, one gold hilted sword rests on her hip, and a variety of small devices in a pouch on her shoulder.

Bio: Having being born in Belfalas, Gondor, she was orphaned at the age of ten. Being adopted and raised by a dwarf. She was taken to Erebor.There, she was then taught the ways of metal and stone. She was given her weapons by her 'father', who sacraficed his very wealth to meld the sword. She then decided to go with her own people, at the age of 20 she set out for Osgiliath. There she resided for 10 years. Now, after working as a blacksmith, she wonders to herself if there is more to her life than just smashing hammer against molten steel.

From: A place where people hate getting asked where they're from | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

sounds pretty good!
Arorë Silvertongue
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3570

posted      Profile for Arorë Silvertongue   Author's Homepage   Email Arorë Silvertongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for accepting my character.
From: Home. For now. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thank you for accepting mine as well.

[ 11-30-2004, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Aermîr Goldenflower ]

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

I assure you the pleasantries are completely unnecessary. I will be started the actual RP by tomorrow seeing as how I will not have time to do so today.
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok here's my Character
Name: Nárcollo
Race: Elf(Avari)
Weapons: Short bow, Avari Long Sword, Dagger, Throwing Stars, Throwing Knife(boot knife, flint and kindling
History: Nárcollo has lived with his people his whole life. He grew up learning the ways of a warrior, helping his people fight the remnants of horrors that Morgoth left. Nárcollo's older brother leader of his clan was one of five clans that did not welcome the blue ones from the east. The other eight clans joined with the two and grew in greed and power. Division grew amongst the blue lords and war broke out. One of the two had been working on a plaugue for some time that was more powerful than anyone could have guessed. It was let loose and it ravaged the once beautiful Cuiviénen, spreading like wildfire. The elves that were infected turned on their blue masters slaughtering them mercilessly before turning on those still clean. Nárcollo was one of few who were not infected and he and his immediate family and a few others resisted. But as Fate would have it, a small infected rat escaped thrugh their defenses, and bit Nárcollo's wife. She in turn began attacking the others infecting his brother and youngest daughter, and killing all the others. Nárcollo escaped only by killing his infected brother and wife. He ran for days on end knowing that the infected were coming for him and all others who weren't infected. For weeks, he ran day and night stopping only for water or food only to pick up the pace again. doing everything he could to get more of a lead on the infected. finally he came to the Iron hills, hoping against hope to find some sort of civilization besides the sparse people so that he can warn everyone of the coming horror before it's too late, and they suffer the same fate as his beloved family...
Nárcollo wears a black fireproof cloak that's been in his family for generations.

From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fraeyl the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4807
posted      Profile for Fraeyl the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
wow.....we got alot of role players
From: A place where people hate getting asked where they're from | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And here comes another.

Name: Resta
Race: orc (disaffected and non-evil...mostly)
Weapons: A bladed staff with a spiked ball and chain on the oppostie end
Appearance: Rather handsome for an orc. He wears some heavy armor to protect him from killing blows to his chest, head, and belly. The armor is black but looks as though attempts were made to shine it up and remove the blackness.
Bio: Born a few years after Sauron's death, he had problems with the evil acts his brothers, sisters mother and father did. He strayed from the family cruelty and set himself a trap to make his family think he died. After pulling off the trick he tried to clean up and walk to a village his family was planning on sacking. He was ran off without his words being heard. He saw the smoke a few days later. He realized he didn't have to be vile and contemptable even if people thought him those. So he changed his path tried being the best person he could be. While not perfect he has gained some acceptance as an orc hunter and trader guard. While traveling he hears tale of a crazy person telling everyone about a deadly plague.
Side note: I realize good and orc don't really go together but why can't one see the other side of things. That and do you thinks orcs would be immune both because they are semi-elfish and the evil that changed them...just a thought.

E: Changed it a bit.

[ 12-02-2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Sepiroth Strife ]

From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Overall I think the character is brilliant. My only problem is with him being a servant of Sauron. I did say this was early fourth age but I didn't mean THAT early. It has been long enough for all the of the members of the fellowship to have passed away and I don't think any orc could have survived that long. Like I said, I love the character but some editing needs to be done on his background.

[ 12-04-2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Jango Fett ]

Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

The Rp is up and as for Sepi, that's good. I would consider Orcs to be just as susceptible to the plague as men are. Elves are susceptible to it also, not as much but they are. Dwarves are the only immune race.
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you mean early 4th age, Jango...
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Ya I meant fourth age, I'll edit that. I was thinking third age because of mentioning Sauron. oh well.
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you all know, this blacksmith store that I'm talking about is meant to be Asrang's.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

I'll post as soon as posible... probably around lunchtime
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you want the orcs I fought to be infected and the human to become so? And I think my char is somewhere near Minas Tirith but far enough not to hear the alarm. Just wanting to know what direction I should take this...
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infected- AWA (a survival/horror rp) (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help